U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:03 AM

5,373 posts, read 2,852,678 times

Advertisements

He continues to prove gingers have no soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:08 AM

11,958 posts, read 8,354,680 times
Why was he kneeling? Was he praying? Was he bowing to America? Did he take a knee to show that he believes himself to be unworthy to stand proudly as an American? I always thought it was stupid when Kaperpnick started this nonsense because kneeling for centuries has been a way to show allegiance to a leader or country and it could also be seen that the person kneeling sees himself as a servant, something less than and not worthy to stand in the presence of someone or something great.

I see kapernick and this fencing guy as weak people that see themselves as victims.

A better protest would be to stand with a fist raised in defiance ready to fight for what you believe is right.

Kneeling is for wimps.

Old Today, 09:10 AM

7,361 posts, read 2,678,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why was he kneeling? Was he praying? Was he bowing to America? Did he take a knee to show that he believes himself to be unworthy to stand proudly as an American? I always thought it was stupid when Kaperpnick started this nonsense because kneeling for centuries has been a way to show allegiance to a leader or country and it could also be seen that the person kneeling sees himself as a servant, something less than and not worthy to stand in the presence of someone or something great.

I see kapernick and this fencing guy as weak people that see themselves as victims.

A better protest would be to stand with a fist raised in defiance ready to fight for what you believe is right.

Kneeling is for wimps.
Kaepernick started kneeling as a suggestion from a temmate who was a vet that served in Iraq.

Old Today, 09:28 AM

12,080 posts, read 5,765,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
No one said he couldn't but this just shows his disrespect for the country he is from and is suppose to represent. Actually says more about his misguided beliefs than anything else.
He’s a pretty good fencer, looking for his moment of Fame. It was a Team Gold Win, not a personal Win.
He and all of the Team made a commitment to each other and the Olympic Committee- No Politics.

His word isn’t worth much, and he has no respect for his Team or what he committed to do.
Another ME ME ME ME ME “star”. His moment of Glory - a knee because Orange Man BAD.

Old Today, 09:37 AM

7,396 posts, read 3,809,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
He’s a pretty good fencer, looking for his moment of Fame. It was a Team Gold Win, not a personal Win.
He and all of the Team made a commitment to each other and the Olympic Committee- No Politics.

His word isn’t worth much, and he has no respect for his Team or what he committed to do.
Another ME ME ME ME ME “star”. His moment of Glory - a knee because Orange Man BAD.
Calm down. He said nothing about your orange Jesus and his spitting on POWs and mocking the handicapped.

Old Today, 09:41 AM

27,406 posts, read 19,299,901 times
parents naming him ‘race’ must’ve given him a guilty conscience.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

37,576 posts, read 16,295,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Fencing? Who even watches that lol.

I suppose he could use the publicity to hype himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fencer-...000323757.html
"mistreatment of immigrants,"

Being he is too STUPID to know the difference between LEGAL immigrants and ILLEGALS ones, Ill IGNORE him.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

3,608 posts, read 971,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Fencing? Who even watches that lol.

I suppose he could use the publicity to hype himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fencer-...000323757.html
I guess he wants some of that fat paycheck Nike is endorsing.

Old Today, 09:44 AM

3,608 posts, read 971,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Kaepernick started kneeling as a suggestion from a temmate who was a vet that served in Iraq.
LOL! And you believe this crap story? Of course you do! LMAO!

Old Today, 09:48 AM

7,361 posts, read 2,678,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
LOL! And you believe this crap story? Of course you do! LMAO!
Lol. And you don't beleive it.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/64611...to-take-a-knee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies