U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 PM

447 posts, read 144,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't like Trump. At all. But I'm not keen on publicly casting aspersions on peoples' appearance. As someone who was bullied because of her weight as a child, I will not ever say anything about a person's weight or other physical attribute, no matter who it is.
Epic mistake by the Yang campaign and although maybe he's already given up, this killed any chance he had. Making fun of an opponent for being fat just alienates a huge percentage of your own potential voters who are self conscious about their weight. No way an experienced public figure would make that mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 08:47 PM

15,620 posts, read 13,559,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Yes, we do have a fat obese president who loves fattening fast food. That may be the best part of Comrade Trump. Sooner or later all that fat clogging his arteries are going to say enough and a stroke or heart attack is what's next on Demented Donald's menu. Do not fret. Trump's funeral will be acknowledged around the world with people singing and dancing in delight. Trump's funeral will be a very happy occasion. Have another burger mr president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weDI3g8XNYs
If the president has been checked out with normal cholesterol levels, not pre diabetic and no high blood pressure, then he should just go ahead and eat all the fattening food he wants. A lot of other people with their bellies sticking out can't say the same.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:58 PM

11,360 posts, read 10,375,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Epic mistake by the Yang campaign and although maybe he's already given up, this killed any chance he had. Making fun of an opponent for being fat just alienates a huge percentage of your own potential voters who are self conscious about their weight. No way an experienced public figure would make that mistake.
Yes, three of his voters have already switched candidates. The other two seem to be holding tight though.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:05 PM

22,839 posts, read 9,736,845 times
What did Yang say that is false?

Seems to me that back in 2015-16, we heard Cult 45, when asked why they liked Trump, repeat the same refrain over and over.

'He's not PC. He tells it like it is. He says what everyone is thinking. So refreshing to have someone say whatever he really thinks and not act like a politician.'

So now when the cult is presented with a young, smart, fit guy who is not being PC, who is telling it like it is, who is saying what everyone is thinking, they don't like it.

Trump has been superficially rating women's looks with numbers his whole life. I would think he'd be fine with someone rating his.

It is pretty clear who the hypocrites are.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:11 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,484,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They are a bunch of hypocrites. They have a name for this type of abuse, it is called "fat shaming" and it is a form of bullying that has led people to take on self destructive paths and for some to commit suicide.

I say Trump being a public figure is open to ridicule for what he says but if the Left really wants to project their PC manners as they demand us all to then his weight and looks should be off limits but then again they can't help themselves.

Michelle O once said "when they go low we go high" what a joke.
They went high in 2016 and lost with Trump (Lock her up) going low. His mocking a disabled reporter is still worse than someone pointing out the truth that Trump is a fat slob.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:12 PM

36,666 posts, read 10,857,268 times
Yang called Trump a "fat slob," so let's not candy-arse around here, as if he called him fat--and a slob. Therefore, we have another double standard, because I can only imagine the response if Yang had said that about a woman.

Despite the fact that Trump is overweight, Yang's comments said more about him and his failing campaign, than they did about Trump.

And the irony of Yang calling Trump a fat slob and saying, "What does that guy weigh, 280?"--while HE was eating his way through a state fair was priceless. Not fer nothin', but Trump was apparently able to eat like a stevedore without gaining weight when he was Yang's age--30 years ago--too.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:01 PM

3,641 posts, read 1,014,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
We are getting old. Iím not sure people under 40 even know who Henry Winkler is.

Bill Maher said the only one who he thinks would beat Trump, is Oprah Winfrey. I think he may be right.
They might? He was in Arrested Development, which is more recent than Happy Days. Who knows. It is perpetually weird to hear things like my beloved 80s music on oldies stations. They are up to the 90s and almost 00s on there now, too. Sigh.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:52 PM

447 posts, read 144,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What did Yang say that is false?

Seems to me that back in 2015-16, we heard Cult 45, when asked why they liked Trump, repeat the same refrain over and over.

'He's not PC. He tells it like it is. He says what everyone is thinking. So refreshing to have someone say whatever he really thinks and not act like a politician.'

So now when the cult is presented with a young, smart, fit guy who is not being PC, who is telling it like it is, who is saying what everyone is thinking, they don't like it.

Trump has been superficially rating women's looks with numbers his whole life. I would think he'd be fine with someone rating his.

It is pretty clear who the hypocrites are.
Wrong, Trump and Trump supporters don't give a crap what some computer nerd with 1% in the polls thinks.

Yeah Trump is fat as is a majority of the USA. Very edgy observation

Old 08-12-2019, 05:19 AM

11,360 posts, read 10,375,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
They might? He was in Arrested Development, which is more recent than Happy Days. Who knows. It is perpetually weird to hear things like my beloved 80s music on oldies stations. They are up to the 90s and almost 00s on there now, too. Sigh.
Right? I put on the Classic Rock station the other day, and they were playing Green Day and Nirvana.

And donít get me wrong, I appreciate those bands from my 20s. I loved Nirvana, and even saw them live, but that is not what I had in mind when I put on the Classic Rock station.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:17 AM

7,532 posts, read 1,727,702 times
Yang is not wrong, though. Trump has gained quite a bit of weight since taking office. Wearing his ties really long to cover his fat belly is no longer working.

Stomach fat is the most unhealthy place to have excess weight, especially for a man his age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or