U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 04:47 PM

13,263 posts, read 6,820,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Donald Trump is overweight, but has a history of fat-shaming:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/dona...alicia-machado

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/27/49561...confused:Rosie

O’Donnell and Donald Trump’s history of body-shaming: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nap-story.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/fat-shaming...y-not-ok-45125

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ticians-590515

The world knows the rules The Donald plays by. Only the king is permitted to insult, demean and mock people. Narcissists cannot tolerate being treated in the manner which they themselves treat others. Baffling to me are all the personally insulted followers...do they see themselves as an extension of the leader?
1) The left loved and promoted Donald Trump for his attacks before he jumped into the 2016 campaign.

2) The left has a long history of shameful name calling, but now wants to behave as if they are the party of unity and peace. I posted a long history of shameful Dem political attacks on account of race, religion, etc., over the decades only recently. Happy to post it again for you to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
The president deserves it though. It's akin to how I don't believe in calling someone ugly unless they are actually ugly.

Well actually the dad bod is apparently in at least in Hollywood. It's obesity that people are criticizing.
Personally I don't care. I only pick on someone's appearance in a mean spirited way to people who don't deserve my respect.

But I do think we've become too PC. I used to watch a Youtube comedian that would tell some funny fat jokes as well as other topics that we probably can't joke about anymore.

That is the one that really baffles me. I mean if you were really good at comedy you would probably be okay to joke about a woman's period flow but the way he worded it was not right.

Wow a woman doing what women naturally are supposed to do. Imagine that.
Most of his jokes are mean spirited comments towards innocent people. You know he means every word because he can't stand any criticism towards him even though a lot of it is valid.

They did criticize Bush a lot and I didn't agree with it because I personally loved Bush as a person but if they were calling him dumb or something like that then I wouldn't really disagree. It was part of his charm. He was just a funny guy.

I don't like Rosie O Donnell so he can say whatever he wants about her.

I didn't pay attention to politics that much (I should have probably) until Trump was a candidate. I do admit I misjudged McCain a bit but I didn't say anything really bad about him.

I don't agree with it but I can kinda see why they would feel positive about it. While I don't condone murder (I'm iffy about the death penalty) the thought has recently crossed my mind because I'm wondering if there is any way to escape him otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if he got re-elected.
I was able to ignore him and not care before and then he forced me to pay attention to him due to what happened recently.
I would feel bad for Barron. I can tell he's a decent kid but it's hard to value someone as a human being when they're trying to make your life more of a struggle. Then you have to think about the mass shootings. Is it better to have countless people lose their lives than just one? I don't know if the mass shootings would stop or not..they might still be there but maybe they would be reduced if we had someone else. The fact that he speaks positively about someone who literally kills people who simply oppose him doesn't make it easy to value him either (I mean Putin is a fun character. He would make a great Bond villain and fun to joke about but I don't know if I'd want to know him in real life. Don't forget that he's buddy buddy with Kim Jung Un too)

I don't wish for that either really. I just want him to be out..whatever out is. In prison, reality show host ...I'll take it as long as he isn't in the White House.

We've already discussed why immigrants are beneficial dozens of times so I'm just going to ignore that part.
I don't know if college tuition should always be free but true loan forgiveness should be in effect. They could just absolve it automatically instead of having anyone pay for it.

No because I don't know if that random woman is actually a slob or not. I just know Trump is.
How about just "fat" then?

Old 08-14-2019, 04:50 PM

46,605 posts, read 18,740,934 times
Trump looks fine to me.

Whupping up on crazed loons on the left on a daily basis.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:59 PM

31,946 posts, read 14,317,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you guys voting for the near 80 year old who's had 2 brain aneurysms instead of Trump ??
I would vote for my dog before I would vote for Trump

Old 08-14-2019, 05:15 PM

11,678 posts, read 10,491,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you are voting for Elizabeth Warren?

Old 08-14-2019, 05:23 PM

8,572 posts, read 4,387,533 times
Quote:
Donald Trump is overweight, but has a history of fat-shaming:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/dona...alicia-machado

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/27/49561...confused:Rosie

O’Donnell and Donald Trump’s history of body-shaming: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nap-story.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/fat-shaming...y-not-ok-45125

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ticians-590515

The world knows the rules The Donald plays by. Only the king is permitted to insult, demean and mock people. Narcissists cannot tolerate being treated in the manner which they themselves treat others. Baffling to me are all the personally insulted followers...do they see themselves as an extension of the leader?
you did leave out what Rosie said that instigated Trump's comments.

it is hard to make Rosie out as some kind of innocent victim in this.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
you did leave out what Rosie said that instigated Trump's comments.

it is hard to make Rosie out as some kind of innocent victim in this.
You're absolutely right. Rosie started it all. And as a general rule, Trump doesn't start these things. But he sure as hell doesn't just sit back and take it. No, he will savagely strike back. While sometimes I'd wish he'd tone it down, I'm glad that he is willing to fight back all the same.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:24 PM

2,751 posts, read 734,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So you are voting for Elizabeth Warren?
Yikes! Bedside manner on display?

Old 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM

11,678 posts, read 10,491,083 times
Quote:
Yikes! Bedside manner on display?
What, no sense of humor?

He teed up the ball, somebody had to hit it.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:51 PM

7,962 posts, read 4,698,729 times
We need to be better than the president and not resort to childish name calling. And by we, I mean everyone including some guy who is probably going to drop out of the 2020 race in a month or two. It's embarrassing when people of political power do this no matter what letter they have beside their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or