U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 02:23 PM

12,754 posts, read 3,451,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Was Donald Trump incorrect when he called Rosie O'Donnell a fat slob? Or when he's attacked numerous others? I submit not, but that didn't stop the left (and Megyn Kelly) from throwing hissy fits over it. What hypocrites!
Nope.

Not hypocrites.

It's a false equivalency.

Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnel, and members of the general public aren't running for President, and aren't the President. Trump is both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 02:26 PM

12,963 posts, read 6,664,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nope.

Not hypocrites.

It's a false equivalency.

Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnel, and members of the general public aren't running for President, and aren't the President. Trump is both.
Ah, I have an easy rebuttal to that typical response and her name is Hillary Clinton. The same crap they attacked Donald Trump for when he was running for president, the left gave presidential candidate Hillary Clinton a pass over (as I explained in my prior post to you). The left continues to try to make these distinctions, but the hypocrisy is clear as day.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:41 PM

322 posts, read 152,124 times
I just called the President of the greatest most powerful nation in the world a fat slob and I'm still alive.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I don't think they show respect.

So his wives and daughters are showing him disrespect?

How so?

Or perhaps you are only seeing what you want to see in my post, disregarding his disrespect for his own female family members, and focusing on the women I mentioned who are directly or peripherally involved in politics.

Megyn Kelly brought up comments that Trump has made about women. Trump made those comments, and he was running for President. How is what she said disrespectful? Or is it that you don't like what she said, so you think it was disrespectful ?

Quote:
But I also ignore the lefts' collective criticism of them when they were willing to install a woman (e.g. Hillary Clinton) as president who insinuated that black and brown folks as "superpredators" who needed to me made "to heel," who made a racist comment about knowing a man (completely made up) named Mahatma Ghandi who ran a gas station in St. Louis back in 2004, who laughed with Bill de Blasio over a racist joke about "colored people time," whose campaign (back in 2008) pushed a narrative that Obama wasn't born in the United States, who publicly trashed the many women who accused her husband of rape and sexual assault/harassment all the while claiming that "all women deserve to be believed" , and who called tens of millions of Americans "deplorable," "irredeemable," "racist," "sexist," etc. Do you think that she was showing respect to those people/communities when she did all of that? https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...-and-misogyny/ (source videos all in the link); https://www.npr.org/2016/04/12/47395...-cp-time-joke; https://time.com/4486502/hillary-cli...es-transcript/.

That's the problem. Y'all want to have one standard for Donald Trump and the GOP, while having another standard for decades of racism at the hands of Hillary and the Democrats.
The above ^^^^^ is an irrelevant deflection because taking issue with Trump's behavior doesn't make someone 'on the left', doesn't make someone a Hillary supporter/voter, nor does it make someone a Democrat. I'm not any of those things, and neither are some others who take issue with Trump's behavior.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:

So his wives and daughters are showing him disrespect?

How so?

Or perhaps you are only seeing what you want to see in my post, disregarding his disrespect for his own female family members, and focusing on the women I mentioned who are directly or peripherally involved in politics.

Megyn Kelly brought up comments that Trump has made about women. Trump made those comments, and he was running for President. How is what she said disrespectful? Or is it that you don't like what she said, so you think it was disrespectful ?

The above ^^^^^ is an irrelevant deflection because taking issue with Trump's behavior doesn't make someone 'on the left', doesn't make someone a Hillary supporter/voter, nor does it make someone a Democrat. I'm not any of those things, and neither are some others who take issue with Trump's behavior.

1) I explicitly stated that I don't think Donald Trump's actions and statements showed respect. Not what you claim.

2) And, no, its far from irrelevant as this is the consistent game played by the left. Show outrage against the GOP candidate (hell, they called Mitt Romney a racist and sexist in 2012, despite Romney being perhaps one of the more decent men to run for the office in recent time . . . they called McCain the same and worse, only to feign respect for him in his dying days as he "stood up to Trump" ). If behavior is truly universally outrageous and condemnable, then I don't expect outrage only when a Republican or Donald Trump does or says it.

3) To the extent that my criticism doesn't apply to hypocritical Democrats (and leftists more generally) on this issue, fine. But they by and large are the ones that my labels apply to.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:53 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,163,845 times
Both top candidates for 2020 elections show definite signs of senility in public. Those are some amazing choices for a country of 330 millions.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:58 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,163,845 times
Republicans act like thugs for as long as I remember, libs have to punch them back in the mouth hard and stop playing pansies. You do not take high class mannerisms to a rough part of town.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Ah, I have an easy rebuttal to that typical response and her name is Hillary Clinton. The same crap they attacked Donald Trump for when he was running for president, the left gave presidential candidate Hillary Clinton a pass over (as I explained in my prior post to you). The left continues to try to make these distinctions, but the hypocrisy is clear as day.
It's a toothless response, not a rebuttal, for several reasons.

It doesn't rebut nor refute anything I wrote.

I'm not 'on the left, not a Hillary supporter nor voter, and I'm not a Democrat. It doesn't make me a hypocrite. Not being any of those things, I'm under no obligation to defend anything Hillary says or does.

Criticizing particular things that Trump says or does doesn't make someone 'on the left', doesn't make someone a Hillary supporter or voter, and doesn't make someone a Democrat.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
It's a toothless response, not a rebuttal, for several reasons.

It doesn't rebut nor refute anything I wrote.

I'm not 'on the left, not a Hillary supporter nor voter, and I'm not a Democrat. It doesn't make me a hypocrite. Not being any of those things, I'm under no obligation to defend anything Hillary says or does.

Criticizing particular things that Trump says or does doesn't make someone 'on the left', doesn't make someone a Hillary supporter or voter, and doesn't make someone a Democrat.

On the contrary, it served as an immediate rebuttal to the distinction you tried to make about Trump "running for president"

As I mentioned, former candidate (and former US Senator, First Lady, and Secretary of State . . . whereas Trump had previously held no government office) Hillary Clinton engaged in egregious behavior, but was given a free pass by the same people who criticized Donald Trump for.

And as I've also responded in this thread, to the extent that my criticism doesn't apply to leftists or Democrats (or even to hypocritical independents and others), fine. But they are the target of my hypocrisy claims.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:10 PM

2,429 posts, read 797,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
So let me get this straight...

Women built like wildebeests are so brave and beautiful.

An overweight male deserves criticism for their appearance?

Why arenít fat men as brave as fat women??
Welcome to modern liberalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or