U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 03:12 PM

1,947 posts, read 434,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Andrew Yang Calls President Trump "Fat" and a "Slob"
expect a Yang tweet from the fat slob in five, four, three, two, one......something about his Asian heritage - maybe telling him to go back to China or something. Or to stick to what he knows best: math or take-out food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 03:23 PM

17,192 posts, read 12,003,952 times
Quote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-contest.html

Just more leftist hypocrisy. Another Dem using similar attacks that the left criticizes our president for. This is exactly why the left's hypocritical attacks fall on deaf ears when I and others hear them.
Yang is baiting Trump to attack him so he gets his name out. that's all.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:29 PM

12,754 posts, read 3,451,408 times
Quote:
1) I explicitly stated that I don't think Donald Trump's actions and statements showed respect. Not what you claim.
No you didn't.

You only used the word they.

By they I thought you meant the women rather than the comments.

If you reread it, 'they' could be taken as referring to either the women or the (Trump's) comments.

I didn't think you would admit that the comments didn't show respect, but you did .

Quote:
2) And, no, its far from irrelevant as this is the consistent game played by the left. Show outrage against the GOP candidate (hell, they called Mitt Romney a racist and sexist in 2012, despite Romney being perhaps one of the more decent men to run for the office in recent time . . . they called McCain the same and worse, only to feign respect for him in his dying days as he "stood up to Trump" ). If behavior is truly universally outrageous and condemnable, then I don't expect outrage only when a Republican or Donald Trump does or says it.

3) To the extent that my criticism doesn't apply to hypocritical Democrats (and leftists more generally) on this issue, fine. But they by and large are the ones that my labels apply to.
I agree with you, and I condemn outrageous and condemnable behavior universally.

Yes, the argument proverbially knocks the legs out from under people who are leftists, Hillary supporters/voters, and Democrats, but I think it is, in a comprehensive/overall sense, an irrelevant deflection because it doesn't stand up criticism from people like me who aren't any of those things and don't have to defend them. Of course it isn't actually something you are standing up for and needed to defend...it was only something that I thought you were standing up for (Trump's disrespectful comments) that you actually weren't standing up for.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:43 PM

1,229 posts, read 450,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's not hypocritical. It's called the Left giving the Right a taste of its own medicine, and it's long overdue.
Bingo! Blowback on your own spewing, bile doesn't taste so good does it David Dennison?

Old 08-11-2019, 03:43 PM

12,963 posts, read 6,664,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No you didn't.

You only used the word they.

By they I thought you meant the women rather than the comments.

If you reread it, 'they' could be taken as referring to either the women or the (Trump's) comments.

I didn't think you would admit that the comments didn't show respect, but you did .

I agree with you, and I condemn outrageous and condemnable behavior universally.

Yes, the argument proverbially knocks the legs out from under people who are leftists, Hillary supporters/voters, and Democrats, but I think it is, in a comprehensive/overall sense, an irrelevant deflection because it doesn't stand up criticism from people like me who aren't any of those things and don't have to defend them. Of course it isn't actually something you are standing up for and needed to defend...it was only something that I thought you were standing up for (Trump's disrespectful comments) that you actually weren't standing up for.
Repeating that I didn't say that Trump's comments didn't show respect doesn't change that reality that I did. The only questions posed in your post that I replied to dealt with whether Donald Trump showed respect by his actions and comments. Thus, the answer I provided reasonably would answer those questions. In any event, the very following sentence I wrote:

Quote:
But I also ignore the lefts' collective criticism of them when they were willing to install a woman (e.g. Hillary Clinton) as president who insinuated that black and brown folks as "superpredators" who needed to me made "to heel,"
made it crystal clear if it wasn't clear to you before. The "them" refers to Trump's comments/actions . . . do you really think that I was ignoring (per my response) the left's criticism of Trump's daughters and the women/people he insulated?? Come on now, let's get real . . . we both know that the left wasn't criticizing those people, but rather Trump's statements Do you seriously think I was not saying that Trump's behavior didn't show respect based on my follow on I mean, I get that you were confused by the response, but taken together with the context of the response, it was clear what I was referring to

Old 08-11-2019, 03:50 PM

1,947 posts, read 434,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Yang is baiting Trump to attack him so he gets his name out. that's all.
when hasn't that worked? idiot trump is so predictable

Old 08-11-2019, 04:32 PM

5,553 posts, read 3,370,930 times
Quote:
Another disgraceful attack by a hypocritical leftist. And someone writing with glee about the death of our president.
Leftists: Joys gleeful about the death of the president while wondering why people are causing mass shootings and complaining about the decay of morals in our society

Old 08-11-2019, 04:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 3,370,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Yes, we do have a fat obese president who loves fattening fast food. That may be the best part of Comrade Trump. Sooner or later all that fat clogging his arteries are going to say enough and a stroke or heart attack is what's next on Demented Donald's menu. Do not fret. Trump's funeral will be acknowledged around the world with people singing and dancing in delight. Trump's funeral will be a very happy occasion. Have another burger mr president.

Trump seems somewhat healthy for his age.

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are already too old and will almost be 80 by the 2020 election and the start of the term in 2021.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:38 PM

1,229 posts, read 450,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Leftists: Joys gleeful about the death of the president while wondering why people are causing mass shootings and complaining about the decay of morals in our society
Whoa there pal . I dont want Trump dead. He will sink his own health ship and the universe will deal with him accordingly.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:43 PM

24,159 posts, read 12,674,351 times
I think it is inappropriate to use the same childish antics that Trump does.

Yang deserves to be called out.

It's wrong.

Always has been, always will be.

It is one concern I have that the Democrat candidates will feel the need to get down to Trump's level to run against him. I'm hoping they can elevate the level of debate but it is hard to stay out of the mud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or