Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 08:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,364,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
expect a Yang tweet from the fat slob in five, four, three, two, one......something about his Asian heritage - maybe telling him to go back to China or something. Or to stick to what he knows best: math or take-out food.

Who doesn't love Chinese take-out, though? Mmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 08:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,364,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think it is inappropriate to use the same childish antics that Trump does.

Yang deserves to be called out.

It's wrong.

Always has been, always will be.

It is one concern I have that the Democrat candidates will feel the need to get down to Trump's level to run against him. I'm hoping they can elevate the level of debate but it is hard to stay out of the mud.

Couldn't rep you again, yet, but I fully agree with all of this.

Yang is a non-entity, anyway, which is why this won't get much coverage. Had it been Biden or Warren or Sanders or Harris, though....

Old 08-12-2019, 09:14 AM

29,504 posts, read 22,610,207 times
Yang is an absolute embarrassment.

Seeing him cry like a baby instead of properly answering the question of gun violence, was one of the most cringe worthy moments of the year so far.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:17 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,789,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yang is an absolute embarrassment.

Seeing him cry like a baby instead of properly answering the question of gun violence, was one of the most cringe worthy moments of the year so far.
Yeah, shame on him for having a heart. I know you're not used to seeing that.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:27 AM

30,607 posts, read 18,180,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yang is not wrong, though. Trump has gained quite a bit of weight since taking office. Wearing his ties really long to cover his fat belly is no longer working.

Stomach fat is the most unhealthy place to have excess weight, especially for a man his age.
Yeah because Yang had the president's health interests at heart when he made his remarks

As for the truth (firstly calling someone a slob is not a statement based on truth but on opinion and, in this case, on partisan motivated opinion) being used to justify this crap, I merely ask anyone in here advocating that line whether they would go up to a random obese woman or obese man and call them fat slobs? By your logic, it's "the truth" and so should be excused. Smh.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:22 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,807,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-contest.html

Just more leftist hypocrisy. Another Dem using similar attacks that the left criticizes our president for. This is exactly why the left's hypocritical attacks fall on deaf ears when I and others hear them.

The president deserves it though. It's akin to how I don't believe in calling someone ugly unless they are actually ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
So let me get this straight...

Women built like wildebeests are so brave and beautiful.

An overweight male deserves criticism for their appearance?

Why aren’t fat men as brave as fat women??

Well actually the dad bod is apparently in at least in Hollywood. It's obesity that people are criticizing.
Personally I don't care. I only pick on someone's appearance in a mean spirited way to people who don't deserve my respect.

But I do think we've become too PC. I used to watch a Youtube comedian that would tell some funny fat jokes as well as other topics that we probably can't joke about anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Do you like "blood coming out of their whatever" or "small weiner" types of insults.......or are you more "that face" type of a dude?

That is the one that really baffles me. I mean if you were really good at comedy you would probably be okay to joke about a woman's period flow but the way he worded it was not right.

Wow a woman doing what women naturally are supposed to do. Imagine that.
Most of his jokes are mean spirited comments towards innocent people. You know he means every word because he can't stand any criticism towards him even though a lot of it is valid.

Quote:
Nope. Not even close. The left has long been engaged in such behavior (need I remind everyone the names the left called Bush, Cheney, Condoleezza, and others only a relative short time period ago?). That's what made their "shock" and "disgust" at Trump's name calling during the 2016 presidential election (and after) all the more hypocritical.

They did criticize Bush a lot and I didn't agree with it because I personally loved Bush as a person but if they were calling him dumb or something like that then I wouldn't really disagree. It was part of his charm. He was just a funny guy.

Quote:
Was Donald Trump incorrect when he called Rosie O'Donnell a fat slob? Or when he's attacked numerous others? I submit not, but that didn't stop the left (and Megyn Kelly) from throwing hissy fits over it. What hypocrites!

I don't like Rosie O Donnell so he can say whatever he wants about her.

Quote:

2) And, no, its far from irrelevant as this is the consistent game played by the left. Show outrage against the GOP candidate (hell, they called Mitt Romney a racist and sexist in 2012, despite Romney being perhaps one of the more decent men to run for the office in recent time . . . they called McCain the same and worse, only to feign respect for him in his dying days as he "stood up to Trump" ). If behavior is truly universally outrageous and condemnable, then I don't expect outrage only when a Republican or Donald Trump does or says it.

I didn't pay attention to politics that much (I should have probably) until Trump was a candidate. I do admit I misjudged McCain a bit but I didn't say anything really bad about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Leftists: Joys gleeful about the death of the president while wondering why people are causing mass shootings and complaining about the decay of morals in our society

I don't agree with it but I can kinda see why they would feel positive about it. While I don't condone murder (I'm iffy about the death penalty) the thought has recently crossed my mind because I'm wondering if there is any way to escape him otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if he got re-elected.
I was able to ignore him and not care before and then he forced me to pay attention to him due to what happened recently.
I would feel bad for Barron. I can tell he's a decent kid but it's hard to value someone as a human being when they're trying to make your life more of a struggle. Then you have to think about the mass shootings. Is it better to have countless people lose their lives than just one? I don't know if the mass shootings would stop or not..they might still be there but maybe they would be reduced if we had someone else. The fact that he speaks positively about someone who literally kills people who simply oppose him doesn't make it easy to value him either (I mean Putin is a fun character. He would make a great Bond villain and fun to joke about but I don't know if I'd want to know him in real life. Don't forget that he's buddy buddy with Kim Jung Un too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Whoa there pal . I dont want Trump dead. He will sink his own health ship and the universe will deal with him accordingly.
I don't wish for that either really. I just want him to be out..whatever out is. In prison, reality show host ...I'll take it as long as he isn't in the White House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Your party supports illegal immigrants flooding in, and not paying taxes and being given free college tuition and other free things.

All of this is stealing from American citizens.
We've already discussed why immigrants are beneficial dozens of times so I'm just going to ignore that part.
I don't know if college tuition should always be free but true loan forgiveness should be in effect. They could just absolve it automatically instead of having anyone pay for it.

Quote:
I merely ask anyone in here advocating that line whether they would go up to a random obese woman or obese man and call them fat slobs? By your logic, it's "the truth" and so should be excused. Smh.
No because I don't know if that random woman is actually a slob or not. I just know Trump is.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:24 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,446,285 times
Andrew Yang Calls President Trump ...

That's in poor taste. I don't like it when anyone sinks to that level of diatribe, not that Trump would be innocent of such language himself.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,924,220 times
Calling trump a fat slob is an insult to fat slobs.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:40 PM

412 posts, read 145,329 times
Yet hes a great president.

Tough lost Yang

Old 08-14-2019, 04:43 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They are a bunch of hypocrites. They have a name for this type of abuse, it is called "fat shaming" and it is a form of bullying that has led people to take on self destructive paths and for some to commit suicide.

I say Trump being a public figure is open to ridicule for what he says but if the Left really wants to project their PC manners as they demand us all to then his weight and looks should be off limits but then again they can't help themselves.
Donald Trump is overweight, but has a history of fat-shaming:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/dona...alicia-machado

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/27/49561...confused:Rosie

O’Donnell and Donald Trump’s history of body-shaming: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nap-story.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/fat-shaming...y-not-ok-45125

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ticians-590515

The world knows the rules The Donald plays by. Only the king is permitted to insult, demean and mock people. Narcissists cannot tolerate being treated in the manner which they themselves treat others. Baffling to me are all the personally insulted followers...do they see themselves as an extension of the leader?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies