U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Status: ""making all of his nowhere plans for nobody..."" (set 8 hours ago)

7,540 posts, read 4,530,638 times

Advertisements

I just read the entire account and the reporter seems legit, the one who claims he was assaulted by the bodyguard. I hope the photojournalist was rolling when he was approached. The "photog" part of my nick here is short for photographer. I used to shoot for TV News and the times this has happened to me, I was always rolling, or recording. It boggles the mind that this CNN reporter told the bodyguard, who evidently was working for her, to physically stop the man from recording. If the facts bear out that she did, she deserves to lose her job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 07:54 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,603,034 times
yeah this was nothing but a bunch of CNN thuggery from what it appears.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 PM

2,575 posts, read 885,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You cannot just bring your private security everywhere kicking people out of buildings
If it is a private event, yes you can. Perhaps they had a restriction against unauthorized filming of their event.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:04 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,754,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You cannot just bring your private security everywhere kicking people out of buildings
Exactly.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:07 PM

6,929 posts, read 3,825,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
There is a difference, at the rally for Trump, the people were taken out from the event by the facility security. The reporter in this instance was dragged out of the public lobby by a bodyguard that was not associated with the hotel and did not take place in the event area.

Kind of self explanatory, why can’t you understand that? By the I’m far from a Trump fan.

The POINT is that all the Trump fans are claiming being dragged / pushed out is ASSAULT.
So whether it's a security guard or a bodyguard or anybody else, you have to decide whether it's assault or not. The title of the person doing the pushing / dragging is immaterial. It does not change whether you regard it as assault or not.
Kind of self explanatory. Why can't you understand that?

If it's assault here, it's also assault when it's at a Trump rally.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:16 PM
Status: ""making all of his nowhere plans for nobody..."" (set 8 hours ago)

7,540 posts, read 4,530,638 times
I believe at this point we are getting away from what happened or didn't happen in this video. If you want to discuss security at Trump's events, maybe it's time to start a new thread.

The first thing I note is that the OP is trying to place the blame for this on CNN. He even calls April Ryan a "reporter" for CNN when actually she is a political analyst. She is paid to give her opinion. She is not a reporter for them. I am guessing the bodyguard is not connected in anyway to CNN, so it seems a stretch at best and a lie at worse to lay this at their feet.

I say CNN cuts ties with her pretty quickly if what is alleged actually happened the way it appears to have happened.

Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM

214 posts, read 26,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The POINT is that all the Trump fans are claiming being dragged / pushed out is ASSAULT.

Sounds like you need to research when it is legal for security(also considering the difference between private and event) to go hands on, there are cases where it is legal, and cases where it isnt.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 AM

2,944 posts, read 1,057,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I believe at this point we are getting away from what happened or didn't happen in this video. If you want to discuss security at Trump's events, maybe it's time to start a new thread.

The first thing I note is that the OP is trying to place the blame for this on CNN. He even calls April Ryan a "reporter" for CNN when actually she is a political analyst. She is paid to give her opinion. She is not a reporter for them. I am guessing the bodyguard is not connected in anyway to CNN, so it seems a stretch at best and a lie at worse to lay this at their feet.

I say CNN cuts ties with her pretty quickly if what is alleged actually happened the way it appears to have happened.
No way will CNN cut ties with her if it turns out the guy that was assaulted was conservative. CNN has been openly supportive of Antifa. They support assaulting non-liberals.

Old Today, 12:35 AM

6,428 posts, read 6,727,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
So whether it's a security guard or a bodyguard or anybody else, you have to decide whether it's assault or not. The title of the person doing the pushing / dragging is immaterial. It does not change whether you regard it as assault or not.
Kind of self explanatory. Why can't you understand that?

The issue is whether the act was illegal. If the reporter had been forcibly removed from the event
Because he refused to leave and was removed by security, then no law was broken. In this case, the reporter was in the public area and forcibly removed by someone who was not employee security of the hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies