U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:33 PM

11,608 posts, read 2,873,435 times

Advertisements

I've listened to Gerald Celente over the years. A trends researcher, not just financial expert, he gets some things right and some things wrong. I like him because he calls himself a political atheist so he's not influenced by political agenda.

Thought some of you might find his take on China, gold, Europe, oil, banksters interesting. Agree or disagree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lavt0TGVDU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:45 PM

1,449 posts, read 317,893 times
Our system has been overloaded by debt, but so have most countries around the world. This coming global monetary crisis is all about debt. Central banks have failed and now the talk is taking rates negative across the world. It is all insanity. Austria just released a 100-year bond yield 1.2%.

With all of that said, I think that Celente and others like him tend to look at the US more instead of analyzing capital flows from across the world. So for example, Celente and others have been calling for a dollar crash for years. That is in the offing, but I expect the dollar to have one final strong rally as the world economy implodes and investors look for a "safe-haven" asset. Right now the dollar is the best house in the worst neighborhood.

Additionally, people like Celente have been calling for runaway inflation for years. I think we have actually been in a deflationary depression for many years now masked by central bank policy injecting record amounts of artificial liquidity. Many trillions of dollars of funny money created out of thin air, but very little inflation overall. That smells of deflationary pressures. Deflation is the worst fear of central banks.

Old Today, 06:46 PM

12,701 posts, read 14,088,719 times
Fiat currency does not even make good toilet paper. It can be BSed, and the whole world knows it. Eventually, they will loose faith, and we as a nation and people must have something to fall back on. And that's why I am a buyer of gold now more than ever. Wouldn't hurt to start investing in some more factories in America either. You know, go back to a more stable, sustainable model besides faking it until a new real industry magically appears and delivers prosperity for a short while.

Old Today, 06:51 PM

9,153 posts, read 2,803,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Fiat currency does not even make good toilet paper. It can be BSed, and the whole world knows it. Eventually, they will loose faith, and we as a nation and people must have something to fall back on. And that's why I am a buyer of gold now more than ever. Wouldn't hurt to start investing in some more factories in America either. You know, go back to a more stable, sustainable model besides faking it until a new real industry magically appears and delivers prosperity for a short while.
Well, if you don't like your fiat currency, I'll gladly take whatever of yours you want to unload.

Old Today, 06:52 PM

11,608 posts, read 2,873,435 times
I heard Trump supports a return to the gold standard. I have no idea if that is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or