U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

35,474 posts, read 19,472,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times does it have to be repeated in here that there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers before the liberal left stops repeating the nonsense that the agricultural industry would go belly up from losing their cheap, illegal workers?
So, please explain to the studio audience and all the viewers at home why it is that US employers of these millions of illegals won't take advantage of those "unlimited visas."

How come?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM

9,069 posts, read 8,043,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Economic migrants make up the majority of these illegals and they are raping our country in every way. What part of that didn't you get? Are you still going to deny the facts of the effectiveness of good physical barriers in spite of the facts?

This topic is about border security not getting into the heads of foreigners or talking about how different cultures supposedly enrich us. If there is any enrichment it's from those here legally, not legally.

Are you confused? This topic isn't about legal immigration but illegal immigration, thus the word "border" in the topic heading. Obviously, illegal aliens can't seem to solve the problems in their own countries so WTH could we learn from them? That makes no sense at all!

I can't make any sense out of your third paragraph at all. We need to secure our border, period. Not make some stupid study about "immigrants". I don't want poverty here either legally or illegally but latter is worse because they have no respect for our immigration laws.

I detect a bit of bias on your part since you said there is an illegal alien in your family.

Mandate e-Verify by EVERY employer. Period.

Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

37,482 posts, read 16,588,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Mandate e-Verify by EVERY employer. Period.
That's what Trump has been trying to do but the Democrats won't sign an e-verify law unless there is a mass amnesty attached to it. That's what a part of the Gang of 8 bill was about years ago and they also didn't want it to go into effect for 5 years and no making current employees already on a payroll pass it.

If we could get a clean e-verify bill through congress without anything attached to it that would make a difference but I'm not holding my breath that it will happen.

Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

937 posts, read 1,133,185 times
I'm not a fan of one long wall in itself, but believe through whatever means that we need to do a far better job at securing our border. Even in Europe where many countries have "open borders", you aren't getting on a train or crossing one without a valid passport and going through security. Italy for example had groups of armed soldiers in every train station and airport, not in some obscure place, but out on the platforms and at the entrances actively watching. Then, one can watch YouTube video's of illegals and drug mules coming through the US/Mexico border on night vision camera's at area's where it's nothing more than a garden fence with a couple rows of barb wire.

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

27,018 posts, read 11,344,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's so obvious! From an Epoch Times article by AZ Rep. Paul Gosar:

I am a proud co-sponsor of the Border Bonds for America Act of 2019, filed by Rep. Steve Palazzo (R-Miss.). If enacted, this bill would direct the Department of Treasury to issue up to $5 billion in bonds in a fiscal year. The proceeds will be placed in a trust fund for the construction and related infrastructure for the southwest border with Mexico. If this bill were signed into law, Americans could lend money to the federal government by buying wall bonds, just as we did in World War II for war bonds, and the money could be directed for use on the security wall.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-bo...e_3018726.html
No need to when government can steal it the old fashion way through the income tax. The income tax is theft.

Old Today, 05:33 AM

2,762 posts, read 4,375,325 times
Theft? I wish I didn't have to pay any, but theft? I do believe we (as a nation) are over taxed and underrepresented, but they do have the "right" as outlined in the constitution to levy taxes.

I always thought of taxes as the cost of citizenship.

Old Today, 06:12 AM

10,196 posts, read 8,177,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's so obvious! From an Epoch Times article by AZ Rep. Paul Gosar:

I am a proud co-sponsor of the Border Bonds for America Act of 2019, filed by Rep. Steve Palazzo (R-Miss.). If enacted, this bill would direct the Department of Treasury to issue up to $5 billion in bonds in a fiscal year. The proceeds will be placed in a trust fund for the construction and related infrastructure for the southwest border with Mexico. If this bill were signed into law, Americans could lend money to the federal government by buying wall bonds, just as we did in World War II for war bonds, and the money could be directed for use on the security wall.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-bo...e_3018726.html
Federal borrowing is borrowing. Maybe libs could do the same for free health insurance for illegals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
How about rotating blades and flame throwers?

j/k
Naaahh
catch them then Trebuchet return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Theft? I wish I didn't have to pay any, but theft? I do believe we (as a nation) are over taxed and underrepresented, but they do have the "right" as outlined in the constitution to levy taxes.

I always thought of taxes as the cost of citizenship.
Meh. People redefine words to fit their beliefs. Our resident ancaps redefine theft and slave. Others redefine other words.

Old Today, 08:59 AM

2,762 posts, read 4,375,325 times
You think I redefined theft? or taxes? I might say were getting "robbed" like you or I would if you got poor service or a bad call while participating in a sporting event, but uncle sam is not picking my pocket.

Collecting Taxes is not stealing. We fought a revolution over such. Words matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or