U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 09:50 PM

11,263 posts, read 10,324,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The article did not say that. It simply said that employees of a burger king got fired for being political. i.e. a conservative started a thread on an article they obviously did not read.
I understand. I wasnít commenting on the article per se, which I did read, but I was commenting on the perceptions I read in the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 09:51 PM

7,639 posts, read 2,727,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan View Post
We're not talking about the white suburbs, are we? Try making sense.

I know fast food restaurants in the inner-city are always packed.
WTF? The thread is about a BK in Clovis Mexico. Population 37K. Not exactly inner city. What are you going on about?

Old 08-11-2019, 09:57 PM

846 posts, read 476,812 times
Late to post and only read some of the replies, but besides the OP's point, we gave up on Burger King just recently anyway. It used to be OK, but last time we could not find a clean table. Walked up and down every isle and had to settle for the cleanest dirty one. Then I visited their Men's Room. Both prompted an E-mail message a day or two later. Never even heard back.

I agree with some of the mentions about Chick-Fil-A. They have now completely replaced BK with us.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:02 PM

7,032 posts, read 3,851,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Late to post and only read some of the replies, but besides the OP's point, we gave up on Burger King just recently anyway. It used to be OK, but last time we could not find a clean table. Walked up and down every isle and had to settle for the cleanest dirty one. Then I visited their Men's Room. Both prompted an E-mail message a day or two later. Never even heard back.

I agree with some of the mentions about Chick-Fil-A. They have now completely replaced BK with us.

Well it's nice to know people are keeping their standards high.

This thread is pure hilarious.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:07 PM

204 posts, read 43,938 times
If it bothers you that much then don't eat at Burger King and hit up Chick-Fil-A

Old 08-11-2019, 10:07 PM

1,572 posts, read 454,360 times
The employees were fired. At any place you go there seems to be one or two employees that canít separate their work from politics. Itís been happening all over for years now. Yes in most cases itís anti Trump and anti law enforcement so not difficult to figure out who they support.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:09 PM

46,872 posts, read 34,477,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/b...-pig-cops-food

This kind of thing happens all the time at Burger Kings across the country. Last year not too far from me in St. Francisville, Louisiana, employees bringing personal politics onto the job refused service to police officers and it made the national news .Same thing happened in Florida before that.

Also, BK's official FB page mocked President Trump for buying their products for a college team's visit to the White House. Clearly Burger King is making it clear that those of us who support the President are not welcome and that they are a liberal, Democrat, pro-Obama company not worthy of my money.

This is happening too frequently to be a coincidence. I simply can't imagine something like this happening at at Chick fil A.

Actually, BK poked fun at Trump’s tweet about ”hamberders”.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...et/2590994002/

It’s unfortunate people on all sides occasionally bring it to work.

To put this into perspective , BK operates 18,000 locations in all 50 states and in 56 countries. They serve 16 million people a day. And by golly, one offs happen. The BK employee was terminated.

Some people don’t like cops. This forum has several and they most definitely are not liberal.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:35 PM

5,160 posts, read 1,015,243 times
Seriously, is/are CNN or Fox News generally more "honest"?

Old 08-11-2019, 10:36 PM

714 posts, read 643,965 times
News flash: company does something and it’s political, or not political, and it doesn’t matter, cause we need clicks/ratings.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:46 PM

15,444 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Well it's nice to know people are keeping their standards high.

This thread is pure hilarious.
Really, maybe Trump needs smarter supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or