U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 12:05 AM

30,702 posts, read 20,273,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh no....what will all of Trump's morbidly obese, trailer dwelling supporters do now?
Hmmm....can't speak for any of them, but I won't notice a change since I don't frequent BK in any case.

The fact is that BK has sucked for decades.

If you are a young person, you probably have never had a really good Whopper because they have been half-assing it since about the early 1980s.

I let it go way back then and haven't missed it.

As for the morbidly obese, I see them ride the electric shopping carts through supermarkets because they are too fat to walk.

Can't say I recall ever seeing one pay for their groceries with anything but a Bridge Card.

Pretty sure that's how they got fat in the first place.

Just another unintended consequence of leftist feel-good, knee-jerk policy running into the brick wall of ****ing reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 AM

32,668 posts, read 26,675,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
They are independantly run? They are not a monolithic corporation.

doesnt matter, four different burger kings, and they all treat their customers like garbage.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:08 AM

27,126 posts, read 11,388,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/b...-pig-cops-food

This kind of thing happens all the time at Burger Kings across the country. Last year not too far from me in St. Francisville, Louisiana, employees bringing personal politics onto the job refused service to police officers and it made the national news .Same thing happened in Florida before that.

Also, BK's official FB page mocked President Trump for buying their products for a college team's visit to the White House. Clearly Burger King is making it clear that those of us who support the President are not welcome and that they are a liberal, Democrat, pro-Obama company not worthy of my money.

This is happening too frequently to be a coincidence. I simply can't imagine something like this happening at at Chick fil A.
I thought Trump bought from McDonalds for that basketball team?

Old 08-12-2019, 01:27 AM

9,286 posts, read 11,003,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm honestly half tempted to wear my MAGA hat into a Burger King in the ghetto and if I'm refused service I can probably make that go viral and sue that company.

And I know I might be reading too much into THIS.....but with their new "Impossible" veggie burger......vegetarianism is typically associated with the liberal demographic and they're trying to appeal to this customer base? Most vegetarians are either far left types or non-Christians.
Impossible burger (personally I think it sounds disgusting) isn't just a Burger King product. It's a *thing* now and available at many restaurants.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:49 AM

13,846 posts, read 7,552,608 times
If I were a cop in uniform, I would probably only patronize restaurants where the food is prepared in front of me such as Subway, Panera, etc. or one with extremely high standards like Chick-fil-A. BK did the right thing but they really are stuck with bottom of the barrel employees and customers get what they pay for.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:29 AM

147 posts, read 57,108 times
I'm a conservative Republican, vegetarian and I really like the BK veggie burger.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:29 AM

12,196 posts, read 4,157,891 times
Burger King, one of the chains of last resort.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:09 AM

11,263 posts, read 10,324,056 times
The Burger King the next town over just closed down, after being there my whole life. I used to go there as a kid. It is kind of sad seeing it all boarded up, ready to be demolished and turned into something else.

I don’t know how fast food places are doing in general. When I want a burger and fries, I go to places like Shake Shack or Five Guys. I love In n Out Burger on the West coast. So to me there is no reason to ever go to one of these fast food chains again.

On the other hand, a guy in my town who’s kids go to school with mine, owns 2 Burger Kings in mid town Manhattan, and he seems to be doing just fine. He and his wife are both pretty overweight. Too much BK I guess. I don’t know how they both fit in that Ferrari. But that is a market all it’s own, so I wouldn’t draw any generalizations from that.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:27 AM

12,196 posts, read 4,157,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The Burger King the next town over just closed down, after being there my whole life. I used to go there as a kid. It is kind of sad seeing it all boarded up, ready to be demolished and turned into something else.

I donít know how fast food places are doing in general. When I want a burger and fries, I go to places like Shake Shack or Five Guys. I love In n Out Burger on the West coast. So to me there is no reason to ever go to one of these fast food chains again.

On the other hand, a guy in my town whoís kids go to school with mine, owns 2 Burger Kings in mid town Manhattan, and he seems to be doing just fine. He and his wife are both pretty overweight. Too much BK I guess. I donít know how they both fit in that Ferrari. But that is a market all itís own, so I wouldnít draw any generalizations from that.

There are certain chains that suffer from a poor image - McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway and Starbucks being the main examples.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:56 AM

354 posts, read 130,148 times
Could anyone explain what defines "Trumpism" and how you can be "anti" it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or