U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 10:27 AM

4,450 posts, read 2,676,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Question is how can we make red flag laws more palatable? Or are they inherently flawed? I think one thing you probably should get rid of is the no knock warrant in most cases. Also, merely receiving a phone call about someone perceiving you as a "threat" shouldn't be enough for the police to take any action.
RFLs are never going to work. Someone is going to sue over civil rights violations and I imagine the courts will side with the plaintiff. This is more a 5th and 14th Amendment problem (due process, illegal search and seizure) than a 2A issue.

I am not a gun owner and am neutral on 2A, so have no skin in the game, but even I can see it is a bad law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 11:03 AM

35,732 posts, read 32,488,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Hey Iíll say it just like gun conservatives say it to POC. If you point your gun at police, expect to die. If they say ďput your gun downĒ and you donít, then you get whatís coming to you.

See when these wrong house no knock raids kill people in poor neighborhoods, thereís no sympathy. Of course when the police start coming for you, now youíre worried.
Well if you have 22 guns in the house, have them ready to go when the government knocks down your door in the middle of the night.
This is what you guys collect all the guns for, the eventual time you have to fight the government isnít it?
Donít you need the assault rifles just for situations like this, to revolt against tyranny?
Nows your time to prepare to take out as much government law as you can when they raid your house. Whereís your contingency plans? Whereís your ultimate fight for the 2a? From your cold dead hands, remember?
Oh you mean you donít really want to die defending 2a?
Maybe it will be your house by accident.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:07 AM

7,180 posts, read 5,039,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
When given a lawful command by the police it's best to obey...The man was a idiot....

I don't know how you people can live with such paranoia all caused by the obsession with guns...I've been on this earth almost 80 years, and have never even locked my doors, but then we have reasonable gun laws and far fewer guns here in Canada.
Exactly~

And the people posting on this thread are all the ones who claim not to be racist, but when a black person gets pulled over for having a taillight out in the wrong neighborhood, and then ends up dead, they say that the black person should give up all their rights, and obey, but when a white guy shoots a police officer because of an imaginary threat, and then gets his family mowed down (in a hypothetical raid), then they are all kinds of upset.

They'll never see the hypocrisy here, but they expect blacks to be "good boys" and abide, but when it happens to them, it's a liberal conspiracy and a violation of their rights. Seems to me, they have differing views on who gets what rights, and who can ignore laws when....

Old 08-12-2019, 11:09 AM

30,106 posts, read 16,626,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I donít own a gun and likely never will unless for some unknown reason I decided to move to a very rural area.
I donít worry about someone magically appearing in my living room in the middle of the night. I have good locks on my doors/ windows and cameras outside. I also have dogs that bark at any unusual sound.

I donít worry about LE with a search warrant storming my door, even if they get the wrong address. I would comply and deal with the mistaken identity later.

I donít do social media.

For self proclaimed conservatives, it is a curious thing how some seem to have a serious mistrust- paranoia of LE, often based on anecdotal information.
good for you lol
I'll bet you live in a well to do suburb where the cops k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ are your friend.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:09 AM

23,708 posts, read 12,513,494 times
These politicians -- on both sides -- are playing us -- how stupid do they think we are.

I don't know anybody that thinks these red flag laws are a good idea.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
good for you lol
I'll bet you live in a well to do suburb where the cops k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ are your friend.
Are you suggesting that Minorities are the greatest threat to people in suburbia? That sounds kinda racist to me.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:13 AM

10,002 posts, read 4,706,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Are you suggesting that Minorities are the greatest threat to people in suburbia? That sounds kinda racist to me.
When I lived in a new home in a big housing complex, best neighbor I had was black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Maybe it will be your house by accident.
You guys don't even try to hide your racism anymore. And yet you go on denying it, and try to project racism onto every else who is not going to tollerate.

SICK

30,106 posts, read 16,626,466 times
Quote:
Im suggesting many people including the cops think that way

Old 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM

10,511 posts, read 6,374,206 times
Quote:
Yes, that poster should have use the term "hood rat" instead of minority. Hood rat spans color and race. Just look up the "family and dog attack" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies