U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 12:28 PM

1,935 posts, read 558,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow, if that is what you think owning a firearm is like...I'm glad you don't. Scary stuff...
Are you denying that people here have been towing the “well regulated militia” 2a lines as an excuse to keep their 22 guns?
Are you denying that they have been saying they need these guns in case of government tyranny?
Wouldn’t the red flag law, consisting of law enforcement raiding the house be considered tyranny in this case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 12:46 PM

15,376 posts, read 13,469,691 times
So better to be shot by a mass shooter than a cop by mistake.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:24 PM

8,459 posts, read 2,508,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Here is a real scenario....
It is called, dying on your feet, before you ever live on your knees.
If you're serving a warrant like this at someone's home at 5:17 am you're HOPING to kill somebody. You serve warrants like this when the person is not at home!

Old 08-12-2019, 01:39 PM

10,515 posts, read 6,374,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You guys don't even try to hide your racism anymore. And yet you go on denying it, and try to project racism onto every else who is not going to tollerate.

SICK

Originally Posted by Harry Hemi
Hey I’ll say it just like gun conservatives say it to POC. If you point your gun at police, expect to die. If they say “put your gun down” and you don’t, then you get what’s coming to you.

See when these wrong house no knock raids kill people in poor neighborhoods, there’s no sympathy. Of course when the police start coming for you, now you’re worried.
Well if you have 22 guns in the house, have them ready to go when the government knocks down your door in the middle of the night.
This is what you guys collect all the guns for, the eventual time you have to fight the government isn’t it?
Don’t you need the assault rifles just for situations like this, to revolt against tyranny?
Nows your time to prepare to take out as much government law as you can when they raid your house. Where’s your contingency plans? Where’s your ultimate fight for the 2a? From your cold dead hands, remember?
Oh you mean you don’t really want to die defending 2a?

"Maybe it will be your house by accident."

Wow, you've gone off the deep end if you've found something racist in his reply.SICK.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Are you denying that people here have been towing the “well regulated militia” 2a lines as an excuse to keep their 22 guns?
Are you denying that they have been saying they need these guns in case of government tyranny?
Wouldn’t the red flag law, consisting of law enforcement raiding the house be considered tyranny in this case?

Well, it is part of the Second Amendment, whether you like , or thing it's irrational, it's there. So there is that.
And there is no excuse needed for an individual to have 22 firearms. Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't have them.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:21 PM

35,737 posts, read 32,488,626 times
Quote:
You guys don't even try to hide your racism anymore. And yet you go on denying it, and try to project racism onto every else who is not going to tollerate.

SICK
I'm not white there genius. Are you on the right thread?

Old 08-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm not white there genius. Are you on the right thread?
Lol...he had to be replying to the wrong thread...he had to, know one is that ignorant. At least I hope not.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:07 PM

30,823 posts, read 33,684,601 times
Oh come on. I'm all pro gun and all but even I know there a whole lot of space between doing nothing and doing this based on a phone tip. I'm thinking mainly about records that can be kept on young people who've displayed questionable behavior while in school and not having records sealed when they turn 18. Records that can be kept even if a person wasn't found guilty or even charged (how many times are abusers let go because the abused won't press charges but continually calls for help?). Just keep track. And it can act as a flag only when someone wants to purchase a gun, which wouldn't allow a scenario like this.

Lot's of things are doable that don't allow someone to call the swat team on a person for personal grudge reasons.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:10 PM

10,012 posts, read 4,706,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh come on. I'm all pro gun and all but even I know there a whole lot of space between doing nothing and doing this based on a phone tip. I'm thinking mainly about records that can be kept on young people who've displayed questionable behavior while in school and not having records sealed when they turn 18. Records that can be kept even if a person wasn't found guilty or even charged (how many times are abusers let go because the abused won't press charges but continually calls for help?). Lot's of things are doable that don't allow someone to call the swat team on a person for personal grudge reasons.
But you also know that all laws can be ripe for abuse. Look at the civil forfeiture laws. Guilty until you can prove your innocence.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:13 PM

14,477 posts, read 11,751,914 times
Quote:

SICK

When did this discussion turn into a racial issue? You're the one bringing that up, and I truly fail to see why. Someone's skin tone has nothing to do with it. You also stated that "all the people posting on this thread" have some sort of racial bias they have been trying to hide up till now. Ummm, OK. Even though I don't see any possible motivation for that personally, whatever.

Red flag laws can and will be abused by citizens and LE alike equally regardless of peoples color. There are no lines separating any one skin tone from another. I truly don't see where your angst is stemming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies