U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
 
12,662 posts, read 3,960,291 times
Reputation: 3832

Advertisements

I'm disappointed somewhat in Trump, and more so the Republicans, but don't entirely blame him.

No matter who or what you vote in, the open border globalists/imperialists always win and get their way.

America has been made into a fake country, nothing much more than an economic zone mostly in the interests of the wealthiest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
 
10,239 posts, read 6,393,774 times
Reputation: 8521
These new trolls are great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 2,583,503 times
Reputation: 3874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
I won't be participating in this sham we have in America. Its political parties,the supposed republic we have etc...all junk IMO.
Preach.

Nice to see someone else coming to the realization.

As Frank said, the tiny nation of Ancapistan welcomes you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY 🇺🇸
36,077 posts, read 10,710,516 times
Reputation: 34283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Personally it feels like a load off my chest once I stopped supporting Trump AND never supporting the democrats....I don't feel the need to defend the idiotic policies of the past month or so about gun grabbing etc,red flag laws, trying to defend VERY LITTLE action on the border and not much else I can say I am glad I voted for him for. I had VERY VERY high hopes in the beginning and it looked like we were headed that way in the beginning but IMO Trump is a BS artist and a very good one at that...I don't hate him,I don't support him either...I think those that supported him and still support him are being taken for a ride simply because they hate the left so much anyone is better. I remember the same thing happening when Bush and Obama was president....it just feels so much easier and better to be disgusted by both sides and politicians on both sides...I don't think EITHER party will ever do what's best for American's.

Congratulations on becoming a fence-sitter.

You'd be off my lifeboat in 2 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 2,583,503 times
Reputation: 3874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Congratulations on becoming a fence-sitter.

You'd be off my lifeboat in 2 seconds.
Mine has plenty of room. ET14 will be OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM
 
37,604 posts, read 16,312,120 times
Reputation: 8538
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Personally it feels like a load off my chest once I stopped supporting Trump AND never supporting the democrats....I don't feel the need to defend the idiotic policies of the past month or so about gun grabbing etc,red flag laws, trying to defend VERY LITTLE action on the border and not much else I can say I am glad I voted for him for. I had VERY VERY high hopes in the beginning and it looked like we were headed that way in the beginning but IMO Trump is a BS artist and a very good one at that...I don't hate him,I don't support him either...I think those that supported him and still support him are being taken for a ride simply because they hate the left so much anyone is better. I remember the same thing happening when Bush and Obama was president....it just feels so much easier and better to be disgusted by both sides and politicians on both sides...I don't think EITHER party will ever do what's best for American's.
Then WHY are you here? This IS the POLITICS and other Controversies forum. Glad therapy worked for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 2,583,503 times
Reputation: 3874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then WHY are you here? This IS the POLITICS and other Controversies forum. Glad therapy worked for you!
Maybe for the same reason that I, Frank, No_Recess, and others like us are here...to be entertained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,171 posts, read 957,304 times
Reputation: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
These new trolls are great.
Yeah! Now America is a FAKE country! Imagine that. Actually, America is a falling world empire. If people are so relieved from political views by being Independent, why are they still starting threads about Trump and the Democrats? Hmmm.... I think no one can escape this game, to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,340 posts, read 13,458,506 times
Reputation: 4673
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you looking for a "political solution" or seriously want to be logically and morally consistent which means being apolitical?

If serious, you should look into anarchism as Frank noted.
But to work, anarchism requires everybody to live with accepting that a right is defined as an act that does no harm upon another being. That will never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
 
Location: SGV
25,190 posts, read 9,820,552 times
Reputation: 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But to work, anarchism requires everybody to live with accepting that a right is defined as an act that does no harm upon another being. That will never happen.
Anarchism isn't suppose to "work". We just want you folks to admit it exists because the only alternative presented to us anarchists is slavery...plain and simple. And I don't believe any man has the right to rule over another.

It exists because it exists...without pride or prejudice.

You either believe in the principle of non-aggression which means you don't commit harm and you have the right to unabated self-defense or you don't...which means you believe in slavery.

I have always been willing to hear a logically and morally sound argument on why this is a false dichotomy and not a single person has ever produced one. On here, in literature, or down at government HQs with the ornate buildings and shiny badges.

Finally, it isn't like I'm not listening. I've tested it repeatedly and it never fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top