U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

860 posts, read 273,037 times

Advertisements

as i have gotten older i realize much of whats "taught" to us is complete fabrication...some philosopher once said "life is one set of dis illusions after another"
LBJ died a lonely drunken man under the care of a "Psychiatrist" who watched what the man revealed....
Nixon was never happy as he felt he always needed to overcome his poor upbringing and "prove" himself and its said he had no friends....
Politicians are "maladjusted" people and one should NOT assume personal achievement leads them to happiness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

25,186 posts, read 9,820,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Maybe for the same reason that I, Frank, No_Recess, and others like us are here...to be entertained.
You see glimpses of clarity in folks from time to time. That is hopeful but for the most part you have to resort to being entertained because it's maddening.

I worked on my brother, a Trump supporter, all summer long to send his kids to a private school and made some real progress if I do say so myself. In the end though, today is the first day of public classes and his two little ones are sitting in there getting their indoctrination from Sammy.

Frustrating...to say the least.

If I could just use brute force to get my way like a statist things would be so much easier. But alas, the arguments have to abide by the non-aggression principle because...well...that is the reason why he shouldn't be sending them to public schools.

I miss being a statist sometimes. Don't get your way, produce your weapon or more likely threaten your opponent with the State's weapons. My brain found anarchy but my patience is for sh*t. Not a winning combo.

Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Status: "Censorship is for totalitarians" (set 8 hours ago)

40 posts, read 6,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Congratulations on becoming a fence-sitter.

You'd be off my lifeboat in 2 seconds.
I am no fence sitter. I have very set in stone beliefs and neither party represents them. I had high hopes for Trump but he has seriously disappointed me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
hen WHY are you here? This IS the POLITICS and other Controversies forum. Glad therapy worked for you!
Because I truly enjoy politics in and of itself.

To be blunt Trump is far left on the wrong stuff,not far enough right on some stuff and is all around a BSer. He is a showman who knows how to get a rise out of people and knows what to say,how to say it to make people believe him and vote for him and continue to support him.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

2,775 posts, read 4,375,325 times
Hating or loving something is rarely the problem, in fact it's an excellent motivator. However... indifference is always a problem.

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

9,031 posts, read 2,568,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
C'mon over to ancapistan where you can freely make fun of both ideologies while being morally correct and consistent.
OH so True....... I love tagging them for their hypocrisy. I love when on any given thread that I can be called a liberal and a few posts down I am accused of being a Trump supporter and for the same exact post. LOL

Hardliners are like pro wrestling fans. They know it's fake but have invested so much of themselves that they just can't let go.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

2,775 posts, read 4,375,325 times
I try to see hard liners as devout fans... The patriots suck and Tom Brady must die. just kiddin... not really.

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM

9,549 posts, read 9,344,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Personally it feels like a load off my chest once I stopped supporting Trump AND never supporting the democrats....I don't feel the need to defend the idiotic policies of the past month or so about gun grabbing etc,red flag laws, trying to defend VERY LITTLE action on the border and not much else I can say I am glad I voted for him for. I had VERY VERY high hopes in the beginning and it looked like we were headed that way in the beginning but IMO Trump is a BS artist and a very good one at that...I don't hate him,I don't support him either...I think those that supported him and still support him are being taken for a ride simply because they hate the left so much anyone is better. I remember the same thing happening when Bush and Obama was president....it just feels so much easier and better to be disgusted by both sides and politicians on both sides...I don't think EITHER party will ever do what's best for American's.
I'm not sure that it's a good move to be disgusted with everything. But you really don't say anything about how much you opinion depends on anything real, as opposed to just some vague liking of Trump's style. Personally, I feel it's better to be actively interested in your country, paying attention, reading about it, forming opinions. If you have been disgusted by Bush and Obama and Trump, then maybe your expectations are unreasonable.

Old Today, 04:40 AM

37,604 posts, read 16,312,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Maybe for the same reason that I, Frank, No_Recess, and others like us are here...to be entertained.
"to be entertained" As they say, "Simple minds are EASILY amused!"

Old Today, 01:07 PM

12,082 posts, read 5,769,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
These new trolls are great.
True ... a new batch of ROLCONS.

Old Today, 01:09 PM

11,679 posts, read 2,885,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
True ... a new batch of ROLCONS.

they prefer to be called Stalwarts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or