Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 12:08 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times

Advertisements

These new trolls are great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 12:09 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
I won't be participating in this sham we have in America. Its political parties,the supposed republic we have etc...all junk IMO.
Preach.

Nice to see someone else coming to the realization.

As Frank said, the tiny nation of Ancapistan welcomes you.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Personally it feels like a load off my chest once I stopped supporting Trump AND never supporting the democrats....I don't feel the need to defend the idiotic policies of the past month or so about gun grabbing etc,red flag laws, trying to defend VERY LITTLE action on the border and not much else I can say I am glad I voted for him for. I had VERY VERY high hopes in the beginning and it looked like we were headed that way in the beginning but IMO Trump is a BS artist and a very good one at that...I don't hate him,I don't support him either...I think those that supported him and still support him are being taken for a ride simply because they hate the left so much anyone is better. I remember the same thing happening when Bush and Obama was president....it just feels so much easier and better to be disgusted by both sides and politicians on both sides...I don't think EITHER party will ever do what's best for American's.

Congratulations on becoming a fence-sitter.

You'd be off my lifeboat in 2 seconds.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Congratulations on becoming a fence-sitter.

You'd be off my lifeboat in 2 seconds.
Mine has plenty of room. ET14 will be OK.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:18 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Personally it feels like a load off my chest once I stopped supporting Trump AND never supporting the democrats....I don't feel the need to defend the idiotic policies of the past month or so about gun grabbing etc,red flag laws, trying to defend VERY LITTLE action on the border and not much else I can say I am glad I voted for him for. I had VERY VERY high hopes in the beginning and it looked like we were headed that way in the beginning but IMO Trump is a BS artist and a very good one at that...I don't hate him,I don't support him either...I think those that supported him and still support him are being taken for a ride simply because they hate the left so much anyone is better. I remember the same thing happening when Bush and Obama was president....it just feels so much easier and better to be disgusted by both sides and politicians on both sides...I don't think EITHER party will ever do what's best for American's.
Then WHY are you here? This IS the POLITICS and other Controversies forum. Glad therapy worked for you!

Old 08-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then WHY are you here? This IS the POLITICS and other Controversies forum. Glad therapy worked for you!
Maybe for the same reason that I, Frank, No_Recess, and others like us are here...to be entertained.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:25 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
These new trolls are great.
Yeah! Now America is a FAKE country! Imagine that. Actually, America is a falling world empire. If people are so relieved from political views by being Independent, why are they still starting threads about Trump and the Democrats? Hmmm.... I think no one can escape this game, to be honest.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you looking for a "political solution" or seriously want to be logically and morally consistent which means being apolitical?

If serious, you should look into anarchism as Frank noted.
But to work, anarchism requires everybody to live with accepting that a right is defined as an act that does no harm upon another being. That will never happen.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But to work, anarchism requires everybody to live with accepting that a right is defined as an act that does no harm upon another being. That will never happen.
Anarchism isn't suppose to "work". We just want you folks to admit it exists because the only alternative presented to us anarchists is slavery...plain and simple. And I don't believe any man has the right to rule over another.

It exists because it exists...without pride or prejudice.

You either believe in the principle of non-aggression which means you don't commit harm and you have the right to unabated self-defense or you don't...which means you believe in slavery.

I have always been willing to hear a logically and morally sound argument on why this is a false dichotomy and not a single person has ever produced one. On here, in literature, or down at government HQs with the ornate buildings and shiny badges.

Finally, it isn't like I'm not listening. I've tested it repeatedly and it never fails.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:01 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
as i have gotten older i realize much of whats "taught" to us is complete fabrication...some philosopher once said "life is one set of dis illusions after another"
LBJ died a lonely drunken man under the care of a "Psychiatrist" who watched what the man revealed....
Nixon was never happy as he felt he always needed to overcome his poor upbringing and "prove" himself and its said he had no friends....
Politicians are "maladjusted" people and one should NOT assume personal achievement leads them to happiness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies