Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 12:20 PM

589 posts, read 300,063 times

Advertisements

This requirement for legal immigration has been in place for decades but taking it away for people who come here LEGALLY should not be the focus. After all, they did go through proper channels and if they qualify legitimately, they should receive the benefits for being a LEGAL resident.

They also state that they will verify that the Illegals are not receiving benefits. So, here is the problem, Anchor Babies, who really are Illegals but supposedly Citizens of the U.S. will benefit from the welfare system, while legal immigrants who went through correct channels will be punished.

The data for Legal Immigrants would make more sense if they are including the Illegals but they are conflating the two and implying it's only the Legal immigrants who are using up all the resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 12:24 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
If you are a legal immigrant to the UK and Australia (and most other countries), you are not allowed to get government benefits, usually for several years. Countries don't want economic migrants draining the social services meant for its citizens who have paid for them for many years. Common sense.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
They used to be required to have--and name--sponsors to ensure that they wouldn't be a public charge.

That's the way it should be. Immigrants should contribute to the country; what we don't need, are gimmegrants.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:34 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They used to be required to have--and name--sponsors to ensure that they wouldn't be a public charge.

That's the way it should be. Immigrants should contribute to the country; what we don't need, are gimmegrants.
Giveyouimmigrants, to be exact, a disposable caste toiling at a great discount to benefit you and to be disposed of when they can't toil, a caste having no hope for basic human things like family, basic safety net. I am pretty sure there is enough of human misery around in the world for people to sign up for such a raw deal, yet it does not excuse rotten people who come up with it.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:39 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
If a person is here illegally but makes an attempt to get at least a green card, doesn't have any felon convictions, has good community ties, has a job or is attempting to get a job, and/or is on welfare, then I don't really agree with deporting them or depriving them of possible services! Otherwise, out you go!

Old 08-12-2019, 01:49 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
It's not our job to take care of everyone in the world. SJWs can give extra money to charity to help those people. Missionaries are boots on the ground and get help to the neediest. I wouldn't give to a government sponsored charity or fund

Old 08-12-2019, 01:50 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
I would like us to put a quota on how many refugees we accept as well. This should be decided by the American voter. Maybe every presidential election, there is a spot on the ballot for raising or lowering the quota.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:13 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If a person is here illegally but makes an attempt to get at least a green card, doesn't have any felon convictions, has good community ties, has a job or is attempting to get a job, and/or is on welfare, then I don't really agree with deporting them or depriving them of possible services! Otherwise, out you go!
I agree. However, many don't attempt to work, they keep having kids so they can sit at home and keep the easy money flowing in.

The affidavit of support, as last glance, was only good for 3 years. After that, the sponsored immigrant could fall under "public charge".

Old 08-12-2019, 02:24 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I agree. However, many don't attempt to work, they keep having kids so they can sit at home and keep the easy money flowing in.

The affidavit of support, as last glance, was only good for 3 years. After that, the sponsored immigrant could fall under "public charge".
Tell me more about easy money, I want some. Anchor babies are as old as the Constitution. For the anchor baby route to work out a parent must work hard, by the time that baby is 18 y.o. an immigrant figures out that underclass life in USA is not what it's cracked up to be in Hollywood movies.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:25 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,089 times
Love what this administration is doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies