U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:28 PM

5,560 posts, read 6,010,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That's billions with a B. Note that it's legal ones. I think this is a good way to get around chain migration.
Smart. It will move all of these to the growing illegal group. Now US will pay the money for LE, ICE, camps and deportation. The wall (paid by Mexico) will need to be higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:43 PM

37,476 posts, read 16,579,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If a person is here illegally but makes an attempt to get at least a green card, doesn't have any felon convictions, has good community ties, has a job or is attempting to get a job, and/or is on welfare, then I don't really agree with deporting them or depriving them of possible services! Otherwise, out you go!
How can an illegal apply for a green card? They can't and shouldn't be able to as they thumbed their noses at our immigration laws Working with a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash and evading taxes are felonies! So yes, out they go!

Old Today, 02:52 PM

Not only that, but this compulsive liar President has maintained all the time that he is fighting illegal immigration and has nothing against legal immigration. Many politicians are known to “not tell the truth” but Trump raised the bar to unprecedented levels. Others are embarrassed when caught lying, but not Trump. He can say things like “I never said that” or “then it was different”. How do you call a person who has no shame?

Old Today, 03:24 PM

37,476 posts, read 16,579,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Not only that, but this compulsive liar President has maintained all the time that he is fighting illegal immigration and has nothing against legal immigration. Many politicians are known to “not tell the truth” but Trump raised the bar to unprecedented levels. Others are embarrassed when caught lying, but not Trump. He can say things like “I never said that” or “then it was different”. How do you call a person who has no shame?
He's not only opposing illegal immigration but legal immigrants who are not supporting themselves and are a burden to our society. Why in the world would you find fault with that?

Old Today, 03:29 PM

14,803 posts, read 9,844,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Most need a little help to get started. Be careful what you wish for..
Nobody is denying that but if you have filed an Affidavit of Support then you have a financial sponsor. They have to provide the "little help."

Old Today, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He's not only opposing illegal immigration but legal immigrants who are not supporting themselves and are a burden to our society. Why in the world would you find fault with that?
That’s not what he maintained all these years. His opponents rightly denounced him as anti immigration, a claim he denied by claiming he is only “concerned” with US law. Other than that, such long term, strategic policies should be decided by congress. (For example, in 1924 congress decided to severely limit all immigration).

Disclaimer: I’m not expressing an opinion regarding immigration in general. I’ve heard good arguments from both sides and honestly I’m still undecided. My remark is limited to this president’s decisions and the way he manages things.

Old Today, 03:33 PM

24,553 posts, read 12,118,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Nobody is denying that but if you have filed an Affidavit of Support then you have a financial sponsor. They have to provide the "little help."
Those petitioning for relatives have to prove they are 125% above the poverty level. No “little help” from society will be permitted.

Old Today, 03:35 PM

14,803 posts, read 9,844,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Your reading comprehension is lacking. Non citizen immigrants includes permanent residents. Permanent residents already BANNED from medicaid in all but the most generous states,.
Every, and I repeat EVERY, parent who has been brought into this country as part of family reunification is receiving cash assistance and is on Medicaid. I know dozens. They may be living in million dollar homes of their kids but have nothing in their names. They are "dirt poor" and they qualify. Nobody is going after their financial sponsors and frankly, I don't expect that to change.

Old Today, 03:37 PM

5,041 posts, read 5,094,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You are one accident away from not supporting yourself. Crap happens to everybody including immigrants. Institutionalized disposability for some, a few crumbs for the others. Then letting both groups to fight over those crumbs when you rob the bank. Ingenious.

Old Today, 03:49 PM

3,619 posts, read 974,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That's billions with a B. Note that it's legal ones. I think this is a good way to get around chain migration.
Never should have been happening to begin with. My family came over here in the 30's and 40's, and they had no help from welfare. If my family can do, anybodies can.

But we know this won't happen. Some judge will magically overturn the ban, and we are right back to square one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or