U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:07 PM
 
12,084 posts, read 5,771,652 times
Reputation: 7088

Advertisements

Just to re-cap

President Trump does a big Rally in North Carolina on July 17, 2019.
Politico does a story on August 12 about how a State Senator (Democrat)from West Virginia is getting complaints from HIS constituents about something President Trump said in North Carolina almost a month ago.

This is supposed to prove that President Trump is Orange Man Bad and losing supporters.

Do these Leftists have any concept of how loony they sound? Of course they don’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,345 posts, read 13,461,837 times
Reputation: 4674
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
Come now, what's so bad? "goddamn" doesn't get censored in this forum. Trump sometimes used obscenities at his campaign rallies in 2016, so conservative Christians already had an idea of the type of person they were voting for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,171 posts, read 958,049 times
Reputation: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any of the religious hypocrites who have supported this clown just because they think he will help them get abortion banned deserve exactly what they support.


What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???


The dotard is the worst violator of everything Christianity supposedly stands for, and yet the god-fearing seem to still support him. With that goes not only the label of not being Christian at all, but worse yet, supporting a person who violates nearly every decent and moral behavior imaginable.


And now they want to complain because he takes the name of their god in vain?


Sorry, this is what you support. Deal with it.
Trump is more than spiraling at this point. He is circling the drain fast and can't get his head above water. I find it interesting that there are some people who don't realize how far gone the entire Republican party is at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:15 PM
 
5,954 posts, read 6,784,283 times
Reputation: 15348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump has a unique way of having things not stick to him. I don't know how he pulls it off.

Trump's supporters aren't the smartest group of people among us. They get taken in by the rhetoric which "sounds" really good. I understand how people get suckered in.


Those of us in NYC know Donald as a low class dirt bag who dwelt in the pages of the sensational newspapers like The Enquirer. If he was waltzing some prostitute there would be a picture of him on the cover of the Post with the babe and her body hanging out. No-one in "society" would have anything to do with him, which helps explain why he is so bitter. He isn't exactly presidential material.


But he is a charlatan. A fraud. A snake oil salesman. People outside of NY had no way to know that the crap he was spewing was just a bunch of rubbish designed to wind up the gullible among us. And it has worked really well. His supporters would go to the grave for him because they got suckered in, and continue to get snookered by his lies and boorish behavior. It rings with them, for some reason, and he alone said "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it." He is that good. Slick? Yup. Astoundingly so. Honest/reliable? Not on a stack of bibles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:16 PM
 
1,309 posts, read 812,566 times
Reputation: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???
I had a lot of fun reading your post.

Why don't you read the Bible and see what it actually teaches on homosexuality, sovereignty and judgment of others, instead of assuming others understand it more than you. You could also look up what it actually means to take the name of the Lord in vain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:16 PM
 
9,353 posts, read 2,868,396 times
Reputation: 5660
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
Yeah, they'll have a fit and then still support him and show up at his rallies. Funny how Christians have all these "values" until they don't. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:16 PM
 
Location: NC
7,159 posts, read 5,033,730 times
Reputation: 7919
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Come now, what's so bad? "goddamn" doesn't get censored in this forum. Trump sometimes used obscenities at his campaign rallies in 2016, so conservative Christians already had an idea of the type of person they were voting for.
I swear, Trump is the reincarnate of Archie Bunker:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3EXKWPn6aY

All in fun. Sure, I don't like the guy, but this was just for a laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:18 PM
 
9,353 posts, read 2,868,396 times
Reputation: 5660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Just to re-cap

President Trump does a big Rally in North Carolina on July 17, 2019.
Politico does a story on August 12 about how a State Senator (Democrat)from West Virginia is getting complaints from HIS constituents about something President Trump said in North Carolina almost a month ago.

This is supposed to prove that President Trump is Orange Man Bad and losing supporters.

Do these Leftists have any concept of how loony they sound? Of course they don’t.
Doesn't bother me that he does this. He does a lot worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY 🇺🇸
36,082 posts, read 10,716,183 times
Reputation: 34287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any of the religious hypocrites who have supported this clown just because they think he will help them get abortion banned deserve exactly what they support.


What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???


The dotard is the worst violator of everything Christianity supposedly stands for, and yet the god-fearing seem to still support him. With that goes not only the label of not being Christian at all, but worse yet, supporting a person who violates nearly every decent and moral behavior imaginable.


And now they want to complain because he takes the name of their god in vain?


Sorry, this is what you support. Deal with it.
*sigh*

Trumps big mouth.-37ue2f.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Lee County, NC
2,325 posts, read 747,777 times
Reputation: 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
Oh my god. Don't people have better goddamn things to complain about?
It's a goddamn shame I tell ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top