U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2019, 12:37 AM
 
1,333 posts, read 836,832 times
Reputation: 802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I try not to be hypocritical but, I am not perfect.
Is that sincerely true? If you consider yourself teachable, why don't you take this quick test and see how you do.

Q1. Under the Biblical world view, which of the following can be defined as hypocrisy?

A. Judging the president over past transgressions when you yourself have lived a life of sin.
B. Active encouragement of the president's transgressions.
C. Voting for a controversial candidate on the principle of the lesser of two evils.
D. Supporting the president to better the nation and himself in spite of his transgressions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2019, 07:37 AM
 
1,892 posts, read 544,428 times
Reputation: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump has a unique way of having things not stick to him. I don't know how he pulls it off.
He changes the subject, creates distractions, diverts attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
15,463 posts, read 9,469,403 times
Reputation: 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I thought the left SUPPORTED Freedom of Speach. Guess not!
It’s not about the left or free speech, it’s about the evangelicals who voted for him who are somehow okay with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Tucson AZ & Leipzig, Germany
2,584 posts, read 7,898,340 times
Reputation: 4115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
He changes the subject, creates distractions, diverts attention.
and blames anyone or everyone but himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 01:12 AM
 
Location: A State of Mind
5,476 posts, read 2,207,174 times
Reputation: 5008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
He changes the subject, creates distractions, diverts attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
and blames anyone or everyone but himself.
I heard the clip from a rally when he had criticized someone, I guess a protester.. telling them they were "overweight and needed to go exercise", to "throw him out of here!"..and what "his mother will say (to the guy) when he gets home"...so obnoxious. Is this necessary? And as if he should talk about another's physical condition.

He's so disgusting and is the biggest excuse for a human I've ever seen. People don't act like that, except maybe a child on the playground...not an adult and certainly never a president. Well, we know his rallies are all for him to unload, not to benefit others in any way and just uses his crowd as a prop, for applause.

Why some can still support this ridiculous abomination, I cannot comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 01:49 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
18,586 posts, read 11,736,317 times
Reputation: 39113
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.

For the longest time, Trump hid his proclivity for using crude and foul X rated language, but as he has gone more off the rails, he now freely lets 4 letter words fly, even at his rallies. He seems to be getting away with it, as his base pretty much communicates on the same level. But his more sophisticated supporters are starting to have concerns about his crude language.

As more and more time goes on, the real Donald Trump is coming to the surface. You can only put on a fake front for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:57 AM
 
Location: In the desert
2,812 posts, read 2,018,439 times
Reputation: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Is that sincerely true? If you consider yourself teachable, why don't you take this quick test and see how you do.

Q1. Under the Biblical world view, which of the following can be defined as hypocrisy?

A. Judging the president over past transgressions when you yourself have lived a life of sin.
B. Active encouragement of the president's transgressions.
C. Voting for a controversial candidate on the principle of the lesser of two evils.
D. Supporting the president to better the nation and himself in spite of his transgressions.
But this thread isn't about me, it is about our president who by the way isn't very presidential. Do you want your child or grandchild to be like Donald J Trump?

Why would I support this president after 2 years believing he was going to stop all of his childish, vindictive, mean behavior? He has shown us ALL what kind of leader and man he is.

You say "in spite of his transgressions" Is that what you said when Bill Clinton had "transgressions" and lied about it?
My life as a "sinner" wouldn't even be on the same page as this president, he has his own book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 03:03 AM
 
12,985 posts, read 3,572,333 times
Reputation: 4492
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
But this thread isn't about me, it is about our president who by the way isn't very presidential. Do you want your child or grandchild to be like Donald J Trump?

Why would I support this president after 2 years believing he was going to stop all of his childish, vindictive, mean behavior? He has shown us ALL what kind of leader and man he is.

You say "in spite of his transgressions" Is that what you said when Bill Clinton had "transgressions" and lied about it?
My life as a "sinner" wouldn't even be on the same page as this president, he has his own book.
I agree with you that Trump doesn't act very Presidential, but I also think that politicians, including any President, shouldn't be held up as role models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:02 AM
 
1,333 posts, read 836,832 times
Reputation: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
But this thread isn't about me, it is about our president who by the way isn't very presidential. Do you want your child or grandchild to be like Donald J Trump?

Why would I support this president after 2 years believing he was going to stop all of his childish, vindictive, mean behavior? He has shown us ALL what kind of leader and man he is.

You say "in spite of his transgressions" Is that what you said when Bill Clinton had "transgressions" and lied about it?
My life as a "sinner" wouldn't even be on the same page as this president, he has his own book.
More specifically, this thread is about his evangelical support base.

Remember that they need to be evaluated according to a conservative Christian exegesis of the Bible if you want to accuse them of hypocrisy. Not the postmodern contortion that portrays Christianity as pro-socialist, pro-open-borders, pro-feminism and pro-LGBT.

Otherwise you can't call them guilty of hypocrisy. At most (assuming you can defend your world view) you might call them misguided.

We're also interested in the real Donald John Trump rather than the orange Emmanuel Goldstein fabricated by a discredited fourth estate. Can you put aside, for a moment, the feverish frenzy and hate to see how the real man is doing, as opposed to his caricature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:29 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,845 posts, read 22,745,309 times
Reputation: 14046
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
Joe Biden is such a Gaffe Machine they have to pull him off the podium.

Obama had to warn him "You don't have to do this", aka water down Obama's selfish agenda.

Pocahontas continues to pound herself square in the crotch during her anti-cop spree after throwing Bernie under the bus and the squad continues to hate Jews across the globe.

Trump continues to open his big mouth to tens of thousands of Trump voters across the United States of American swing states as Kamala Harris gets her big fat mouth dragged out from under the desks of her "mentors".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top