U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:33 PM

5,084 posts, read 1,000,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any of the religious hypocrites who have supported this clown just because they think he will help them get abortion banned deserve exactly what they support.

What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???

The dotard is the worst violator of everything Christianity supposedly stands for, and yet the god-fearing seem to still support him. With that goes not only the label of not being Christian at all, but worse yet, supporting a person who violates nearly every decent and moral behavior imaginable.

And now they want to complain because he takes the name of their god in vain?

Sorry, this is what you support. Deal with it.
The "I don't agree with your lifestyle but will treat you well as a person" or the "hate the sin but love the sinner" set-up can be tricky because you might be deemed what many would call homo-/bi-/transphobic. If conservatives are to adhere to the quoted points I mentioned, then perhaps liberals should not be so quick to use those -phobe cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 12:38 PM

1,316 posts, read 814,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of his cult following. They didn’t have a problem with his string of sexual accusers or his grabbing women by their private parts.
Didn't this happen when he was a secular liberal, and a self-described Democrat?

Old 08-14-2019, 12:48 PM

37,712 posts, read 16,336,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178

Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
I thought the left SUPPORTED Freedom of Speach. Guess not!

Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 PM

5,498 posts, read 1,121,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Oh give me a break. Whenever some people have nothing to say to defend their leader they go right back to Obama. Newsflash Obama isn't president anymore nor will he be again. How do you defend Trumps immoral behavior & why does he get a pass from far right evangelicals?
I am pointing out the cultism of the anti Trumpers who rush to defend what they know nothing about, as if it is fact, concerning Barry. They rush in to declare it a lie when anyone posts that Barry wasn't born here, faked his birth certificate, is gay, married to a man named Michael. Do you see what I am getting at?
They believe any lie about Trump and make up the lies that they can't find being made up by the media.
You anti Trumpers are hypocritical in your attempt to label Trump supporters as a cult while you stick your heads in the sand concerning Barry. He doesn't have to be President now for this hypocrisy to be pointed out.
The credibility of the accusers of Trump supporters is nil and their accusations are white noise now. No one believes anything they say any more including former supporters of liberal politicians.

Last edited by 4dognight; 08-14-2019 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: to add punctuation

Old 08-14-2019, 07:14 PM

2,740 posts, read 1,986,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I am pointing out the cultism of the anti Trumpers who rush to defend what they know nothing about, as if it is fact, concerning Barry. They rush in to declare it a lie when anyone posts that Barry wasn't born here, faked his birth certificate, is gay, married to a man named Michael. Do you see what I am getting at?
They believe any lie about Trump and make up the lies that they can't find being made up by the media.
You anti Trumpers are hypocritical in your attempt to label Trump supporters as a cult while you stick your heads in the sand concerning Barry. He doesn't have to be President now for this hypocrisy to be pointed out.
The credibility of the accusers of Trump supporters is nil and their accusations are white noise now. No one believes anything they say any more including former supporters of liberal politicians.
You are correct I do not like Trump at all. I try not to be hypocritical but, I am not perfect.
When addressing a topic such as this "Trumps big mouth" I choose not to speak about past presidents.
I did not always agree with Obama & got pretty upset with some things he did but, that is over so I don't call it "sticking my head in the sand".

Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM

1,316 posts, read 814,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I try not to be hypocritical but, I am not perfect.
Is that sincerely true? If you consider yourself teachable, why don't you take this quick test and see how you do.

Q1. Under the Biblical world view, which of the following can be defined as hypocrisy?

A. Judging the president over past transgressions when you yourself have lived a life of sin.
B. Active encouragement of the president's transgressions.
C. Voting for a controversial candidate on the principle of the lesser of two evils.
D. Supporting the president to better the nation and himself in spite of his transgressions.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM

1,634 posts, read 362,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump has a unique way of having things not stick to him. I don't know how he pulls it off.
He changes the subject, creates distractions, diverts attention.

Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM

14,924 posts, read 9,240,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I thought the left SUPPORTED Freedom of Speach. Guess not!
It’s not about the left or free speech, it’s about the evangelicals who voted for him who are somehow okay with this.

Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM

2,457 posts, read 7,811,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
and blames anyone or everyone but himself.

Old Today, 01:12 AM

5,351 posts, read 2,134,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
and blames anyone or everyone but himself.
I heard the clip from a rally when he had criticized someone, I guess a protester.. telling them they were "overweight and needed to go exercise", to "throw him out of here!"..and what "his mother will say (to the guy) when he gets home"...so obnoxious. Is this necessary? And as if he should talk about another's physical condition.

He's so disgusting and is the biggest excuse for a human I've ever seen. People don't act like that, except maybe a child on the playground...not an adult and certainly never a president. Well, we know his rallies are all for him to unload, not to benefit others in any way and just uses his crowd as a prop, for applause.

Why some can still support this ridiculous abomination, I cannot comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or