U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:54 AM
 
12,823 posts, read 3,476,848 times
Reputation: 4349

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I am pointing out the cultism of the anti Trumpers who rush to defend what they know nothing about, as if it is fact, concerning Barry. They rush in to declare it a lie when anyone posts that Barry wasn't born here, faked his birth certificate, is gay, married to a man named Michael. Do you see what I am getting at?
They believe any lie about Trump and make up the lies that they can't find being made up by the media.
You anti Trumpers are hypocritical in your attempt to label Trump supporters as a cult while you stick your heads in the sand concerning Barry. He doesn't have to be President now for this hypocrisy to be pointed out.
The credibility of the accusers of Trump supporters is nil and their accusations are white noise now
. No one believes anything they say any more including former supporters of liberal politicians.
Wrong.

Being an anti-Trumper doesn't make someone an Obama supporter, nor does it make someone a Democrat.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:57 AM
 
Location: In the desert
2,803 posts, read 2,007,013 times
Reputation: 1374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Is that sincerely true? If you consider yourself teachable, why don't you take this quick test and see how you do.

Q1. Under the Biblical world view, which of the following can be defined as hypocrisy?

A. Judging the president over past transgressions when you yourself have lived a life of sin.
B. Active encouragement of the president's transgressions.
C. Voting for a controversial candidate on the principle of the lesser of two evils.
D. Supporting the president to better the nation and himself in spite of his transgressions.
But this thread isn't about me, it is about our president who by the way isn't very presidential. Do you want your child or grandchild to be like Donald J Trump?

Why would I support this president after 2 years believing he was going to stop all of his childish, vindictive, mean behavior? He has shown us ALL what kind of leader and man he is.

You say "in spite of his transgressions" Is that what you said when Bill Clinton had "transgressions" and lied about it?
My life as a "sinner" wouldn't even be on the same page as this president, he has his own book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 03:03 AM
 
12,823 posts, read 3,476,848 times
Reputation: 4349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
But this thread isn't about me, it is about our president who by the way isn't very presidential. Do you want your child or grandchild to be like Donald J Trump?

Why would I support this president after 2 years believing he was going to stop all of his childish, vindictive, mean behavior? He has shown us ALL what kind of leader and man he is.

You say "in spite of his transgressions" Is that what you said when Bill Clinton had "transgressions" and lied about it?
My life as a "sinner" wouldn't even be on the same page as this president, he has his own book.
I agree with you that Trump doesn't act very Presidential, but I also think that politicians, including any President, shouldn't be held up as role models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:02 AM
 
1,329 posts, read 828,769 times
Reputation: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
But this thread isn't about me, it is about our president who by the way isn't very presidential. Do you want your child or grandchild to be like Donald J Trump?

Why would I support this president after 2 years believing he was going to stop all of his childish, vindictive, mean behavior? He has shown us ALL what kind of leader and man he is.

You say "in spite of his transgressions" Is that what you said when Bill Clinton had "transgressions" and lied about it?
My life as a "sinner" wouldn't even be on the same page as this president, he has his own book.
More specifically, this thread is about his evangelical support base.

Remember that they need to be evaluated according to a conservative Christian exegesis of the Bible if you want to accuse them of hypocrisy. Not the postmodern contortion that portrays Christianity as pro-socialist, pro-open-borders, pro-feminism and pro-LGBT.

Otherwise you can't call them guilty of hypocrisy. At most (assuming you can defend your world view) you might call them misguided.

We're also interested in the real Donald John Trump rather than the orange Emmanuel Goldstein fabricated by a discredited fourth estate. Can you put aside, for a moment, the feverish frenzy and hate to see how the real man is doing, as opposed to his caricature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:29 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,748 posts, read 22,651,968 times
Reputation: 13981
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
Joe Biden is such a Gaffe Machine they have to pull him off the podium.

Obama had to warn him "You don't have to do this", aka water down Obama's selfish agenda.

Pocahontas continues to pound herself square in the crotch during her anti-cop spree after throwing Bernie under the bus and the squad continues to hate Jews across the globe.

Trump continues to open his big mouth to tens of thousands of Trump voters across the United States of American swing states as Kamala Harris gets her big fat mouth dragged out from under the desks of her "mentors".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:33 AM
 
39,155 posts, read 15,448,783 times
Reputation: 25570
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
They are fine with kidnapping children, keeping those seeking asylum in squalid conditions with more than a few dying, ...

Fine with Trump having sex with a stripper while his wife, a porn model, is home with a new baby.

Fine with his constant lies and racist rhetoric.

But they draw the line at using the Lord's name in vain?

Jesus take the wheel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 05:15 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
456 posts, read 61,606 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Fine with his constant lies and racist rhetoric.
What lies? WaPo is fake news.


racist rhetoric is what is coming from the squad, are you defending them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 05:29 AM
 
39,155 posts, read 15,448,783 times
Reputation: 25570
There's a thread on lies that you might want to check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 06:02 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
15,318 posts, read 9,375,488 times
Reputation: 10172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wrong.

Being an anti-Trumper doesn't make someone an Obama supporter, nor does it make someone a Democrat.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
Thatís the way they see it not sure exactly why Iíve been told Iím a liberal because I donít support Trump and I single him out. But he is president, so why would I talk about Obama or anyone else when it comes to running this country? Since Trump took office Conservatives see things as us VS them you can be a middle of the road person. Thatís doesnít make sense to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
456 posts, read 61,606 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Actually it kinda is... liberals are so quick to play the "racist" card since they try so hard to make everything about identity politics.




Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Jesus take the wheel.

God has the wheel, ask him for wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top