Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 02:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
unlikely among evangelicals (IMO). trump has lead a well documented life that is contradictory to the teachings of christianity. the evangelicals are aware of this and, for whatever reason, have completely embraced him. i doubt a couple GD bombs are going to shake that support.
Which just proves the point I’ve been making for a while now and that’s Trump supporters care more about party then country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 02:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
I don't hold "believes in God" as a litmus test for any politician. Now, if they said "all those idiots who believe in a fairy tale", then I wouldn't vote for them.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, they'll have a fit and then still support him and show up at his rallies. Funny how Christians have all these "values" until they don't. LOL.
One of the problems with modern American Christianity is the teaching that goes on in the organized pulpits that the name of Jesus is like a "charm" that if you believe in that name, you are free to not love your neighbor as yourself and free to give yourself continual grace while condemning others. They take that about as far as humans take anything to advantage themselves. This is why a man like Donald Trump who is in debt to Vladimir Putin is the choice of the organized Christian evangelical fundamentalists.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:05 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any of the religious hypocrites who have supported this clown just because they think he will help them get abortion banned deserve exactly what they support.

What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???

The dotard is the worst violator of everything Christianity supposedly stands for, and yet the god-fearing seem to still support him. With that goes not only the label of not being Christian at all, but worse yet, supporting a person who violates nearly every decent and moral behavior imaginable.

And now they want to complain because he takes the name of their god in vain?

Sorry, this is what you support. Deal with it.
Clap clap clap. Well put !!

Old 08-12-2019, 05:12 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
His circle of workers and maybe friends- they know he normally cuss like a drunken sailor regularly. (Poor navy guys). He has no finesse but the blind said God can use a donkey. Yep he can - for His purpose. To me the spirit of delusion came via mr T

Old 08-12-2019, 05:12 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump has lead a well documented life that is contradictory to the teachings of christianity.
As has every president before him. Wouldn't that make the very act of voting an unchristian, hypocritical act?

There are two situations in which Christian Trump-supporters could justifiably be accused of hypocrisy.

1. They voted for Trump as a spiritual role model, rather than as a wrecking ball (a means to an end) against their enemies.
2. They regard his flaws and transgressions as specific cause for celebration.

Can you qualify this thread above the usual TDS and give us good reasons to think either point is true?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:38 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.
Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.
The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.
The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.
Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
Considering how much worse Trump has been with his language, I doubt that a few instances of "goddamn" will do much. Anyone who is genuinely "Christian" would have spurned Trump long ago due to his views and his deeds, not a few minor curses.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Come now, what's so bad? "goddamn" doesn't get censored in this forum. Trump sometimes used obscenities at his campaign rallies in 2016, so conservative Christians already had an idea of the type of person they were voting for.
Ive seen that word censored (bleeped out) on network TV, by the FCC!!!

Who would believe, in 2019, we STILL have a federal agency tasked with monitoring network tv airwaves for 'content' (language, nudity, etc)? To make it even worse, its the same federal agency that determines what is appropriate and what needs to be censored, WOW! I dont understand why people put up with this today?!! LOL Who wants some govt agency telling them what is 'appropriate' for tv? Not me!

Old 08-14-2019, 04:56 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Beto's not courting Evangelical support......
I'm glad to see you adimt beto, and the rest of the field OMO, do noting but PANDER!

Old 08-14-2019, 05:26 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any of the religious hypocrites who have supported this clown just because they think he will help them get abortion banned deserve exactly what they support.

What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???

The dotard is the worst violator of everything Christianity supposedly stands for, and yet the god-fearing seem to still support him. With that goes not only the label of not being Christian at all, but worse yet, supporting a person who violates nearly every decent and moral behavior imaginable.

And now they want to complain because he takes the name of their god in vain?

Sorry, this is what you support. Deal with it.
Why is it that liberals, most of whom are atheists, always invoke principles of Christianity in political discussions?

Liberals HATE Christianity so much that they support radical Islam as a foil to Christianity. Certainly ANY democratic president would be far worse than Trump in supporting Christian beliefs.

Hate gays? No- brother and brother in law are gay. Probably most of our priests are gay

Hate immigrants? No- our nation was built on immigrants. I just want them to be legal

Hate women? No- my wife is a feminist and my daughter in his med school- our entire family has strong women figures and my wife runs the joint

Hate minorities? No- we have minorities in our family and my two partners are minorities. I don't care what color someone is, as long as they work and embrace the same culture

Abortions? Have all you want- it means fewer dems and that is between you and God- work it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies