U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
1,514 posts, read 358,737 times
Reputation: 1166

Advertisements

Why are leftists so irrationally emotional when it comes to society?

This AGW war on CO2 is parallel to China's war on SPARROWS!

A great leap into STUPIDITY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
 
1,137 posts, read 1,285,703 times
Reputation: 1061
I thought Al Gore said cities would be flooding by now, yet it hasn't happened.

I was a believer a few years back, but now I think it's just a lot of fear mongering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 914,848 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
A child could modify your fake graph to contain that that text (BP...).

I’m “hung up on it” because you're frequently caught misrepresenting information if not outright lying. You always use images and charts that are re-hosted if not outright stolen from troll websites.
I understand, when information doesn't follow the party line...it's misrepresented....or lying

...you have yet to prove anything on the charts I posted was wrong...

Do you honestly think China has not increased their CO2 emissions?

here is the exact same graph from Wikipedia > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png

..all of the graphs say the exact same thing....the USA is not responsible for the increase in CO2....they show them different ways on different graphs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,965 posts, read 31,908,317 times
Reputation: 12684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..and there's no solution if you continue to deny who's increasing CO2 emissions > https://1121352.v1.pressablecdn.com/...o2-720x513.png

and continue to blame the wrong countries > https://illinoisreview.typepad.com/....2bdadf2970c-pi
So it sounds like you are admitting that CO2 affects the temperature, right? So how can you say that global warming is not happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,141 posts, read 451,373 times
Reputation: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
I thought Al Gore said cities would be flooding by now, yet it hasn't happened.

I was a believer a few years back, but now I think it's just a lot of fear mongering.
Methinks you’re completely unaware of every major coastal city in the US engineering and upgrading their coastal defenses as a result of rising sea levels.....

Quote:
NORFOLK, VIRGINIA
Ten times a year, the Naval Station Norfolk floods. The entry road swamps. Connecting roads become impassable. Crossing from one side of the base to the other becomes impossible. Dockside, floodwaters overtop the concrete piers, shorting power hookups to the mighty ships that are docked in the world’s largest naval base.

All it takes to cause such disarray these days is a full moon, which triggers exceptionally high tides.

Norfolk station is headquarters of the Atlantic fleet, and flooding already disrupts military readiness there and at other bases clustered around the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, officials say. Flooding will only worsen as the seas rise and the planet warms. Sea level at Norfolk has risen 14.5 inches in the century since World War I, when the naval station was built. By 2100, Norfolk station will flood 280 times a year, according to one estimate by the Union of Concerned Scientists.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...ment-military/

Global Investment Costs for Coastal Defense through the 21st Century (English)

Quote:
Sea-level rise threatens low-lying areas around the world's coasts with increased coastal flooding during storms. One response to this challenge is to build or upgrade coastal flood defenses. This report examines the potential investment costs of such an adaptation strategy applied globally over the 21st century for sea-level rise scenarios consistent with three Representative Concentration Pathways and 3 Shared Socioeconomic Pathways. For all the protection models considered, much less than half of the world's coast is protected. The total defense costs are significantly higher than earlier estimates, amounting to as much as US$18.3 trillion. With cost-benefit analysis, there are large uncertainties and empirical observations of protection standards are limited.
Global Investment Costs for Coastal Defense through the 21st Century (English) | The World Bank


NYC mayor has a $10 billion plan to protect Manhattan from rising seas

Quote:
New York City mayor Bill de Blasio announced a huge climate-focused infrastructure effort on Thursday, calling for a project that could, among other things, extend lower Manhattan two blocks into the East River and cost as much as $10 billion.

Sea level rise due to climate change has long been a cause of concern for New York City. According to the Lower Manhattan Coastal Resilience survey, released today, 37 percent of lower Manhattan will be at risk for storm surges by 2050. By 2100, sea levels could rise by as much as six feet, scientists say. “We don’t debate global warming in New York City. Not anymore,” wrote de Blasio in a post in New York Magazine. “The only question is where to build the barriers to protect us from rising seas and the inevitable next storm, and how fast we can build them.”
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/14/1...io-development
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 914,848 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So it sounds like you are admitting that CO2 affects the temperature, right? So how can you say that global warming is not happening?
You really have me mixed up with someone else....I have never said either of those things...or that's your projection talking....

..but so much for your avoiding... is the information on the graphs I posted right or wrong....you accused me of lying....so which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,141 posts, read 451,373 times
Reputation: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I understand, when information doesn't follow the party line...it's misrepresented....or lying

...you have yet to prove anything on the charts I posted was wrong...

Do you honestly think China has not increased their CO2 emissions?

here is the exact same graph from Wikipedia > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png

..all of the graphs say the exact same thing....the USA is not responsible for the increase in CO2....they show them different ways on different graphs
Your chart that I was replying to was a fabrication that you re-hosted in a weak attempt to disguise its source, which was a TROLL WEBSITE.


It has nothing to do with the party line, put your BS propaganda card back in the deck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,965 posts, read 31,908,317 times
Reputation: 12684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
You really have me mixed up with someone else....I have never said either of those things...or that's your projection talking....

..but so much for your avoiding... is the information on the graphs I posted right or wrong....you accused me of lying....so which is it?
I accused you of lying? When?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 914,848 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Your chart that I was replying to was a fabrication that you re-hosted in a weak attempt to disguise its source, which was a TROLL WEBSITE.
It has nothing to do with the party line, put your BS propaganda card back in the deck.
..the source is labeled on the bottom of the chart....."BP Statistical Review of World Energy June 2018"
If someone misrepresented BP's data they would get their pants sued off..

All the charts say exactly the same thing....they just look different

here is the exact same graph..that says the exact same thing.... from Wikipedia > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,141 posts, read 451,373 times
Reputation: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..the source is labeled on the bottom of the chart....."BP Statistical Review of World Energy June 2018"
If someone misrepresented BP's data they would get their pants sued off..

All the charts say exactly the same thing....they just look different

here is the exact same graph..that says the exact same thing.... from Wikipedia > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png
Anyone can add text to an image, and your assertion that it would provoke a lawsuit is comical, and doesn’t remotely distract from your actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top