U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
31,124 posts, read 20,507,086 times
Reputation: 8681

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are wrong...

Researchers have improved the uncertain temperature measurements conducted by NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) to incredible precision. Temperature (GISTEMP) measurements’ uncertainty has shrunk to just 0.05°C (0.09°F) for data collected in recent decades and to 0.15°C (0.27°F) for measurements taken 140 years ago, when the records began.

https://www.iflscience.com/environme...gering-degree/

July 2019 officially hottest month ever measured on Earth.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...sured-on-earth


What time of day did they measure temperature "140 years ago, when the records began"?

Was there, on average, more or less cloud cover "140 years ago, when the records began"?

 
Old 08-13-2019, 11:03 AM
 
4,312 posts, read 6,521,724 times
Reputation: 4478
Climate change doesn't care one bit if you believe it or not. Many professionals now think we are beyond the turning point. Folks who are deniers should take a look at their grandchildren and realize that they are betting their beliefs on the future of these children. Currently the future of today's grandchildren is very dim. If there is to be any slowing climate change down or turning it around action must be taken now.


Secondly, there is a huge market for alternative energy sources. While Trump and the elitists poke their heads in the sand and continue to strip the earth of fossil fuels the US is falling further and further behind. The new world leaders will be those who can produce the lowest price energy. Trump and gang will turn the US into a third world country if he is allowed to continue his moronic agenda.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 11:15 AM
 
25,502 posts, read 12,494,728 times
Reputation: 11002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Siberia? Alaska? The Amazon? Are you even paying attention?
It’s summer. Fires break out.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 AM
 
20,072 posts, read 12,624,022 times
Reputation: 11249
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Climate change doesn't care one bit if you believe it or not. Many professionals now think we are beyond the turning point. Folks who are deniers should take a look at their grandchildren and realize that they are betting their beliefs on the future of these children. Currently the future of today's grandchildren is very dim. If there is to be any slowing climate change down or turning it around action must be taken now.


Secondly, there is a huge market for alternative energy sources. While Trump and the elitists poke their heads in the sand and continue to strip the earth of fossil fuels the US is falling further and further behind. The new world leaders will be those who can produce the lowest price energy. Trump and gang will turn the US into a third world country if he is allowed to continue his moronic agenda.
What a bunch of emotional nonsense.


The lowest priced energy????? You realize that the lowest price energy right now is fossil fuels, right? "Green energy" initiatives have proven to be very costly and inefficient.


Just because you believe in a hoax does not make it so. Take a look at your grandchildren and realize you are diverting massive amounts of resources away from real problems to some loony hoax. That is the real damage of AGW. Let's hope that the lunatic "climate engineers" do not start releasing toxic gases into the environment to "combat global warming" and cause an ecological catastrophe.


AGW exists in the space between your ears, but not in reality. We have a long history of CO2 and climate from the fossil record that refutes the contention, as well as trends in the 1930s-1950s that show temperature changes going in the opposite direction from that predicted by AGW.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Haiku
5,129 posts, read 2,878,339 times
Reputation: 7510
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Climate change doesn't care one bit if you believe it or not. Many professionals now think we are beyond the turning point. Folks who are deniers should take a look at their grandchildren and realize that they are betting their beliefs on the future of these children. Currently the future of today's grandchildren is very dim. If there is to be any slowing climate change down or turning it around action must be taken now.


Secondly, there is a huge market for alternative energy sources. While Trump and the elitists poke their heads in the sand and continue to strip the earth of fossil fuels the US is falling further and further behind. The new world leaders will be those who can produce the lowest price energy. Trump and gang will turn the US into a third world country if he is allowed to continue his moronic agenda.
Exactly. If this were 1910 Trump would be calling automobiles a Chinese hoax and pushing the buggy whip industry forward to make America great again.

Battery and energy storage technology is going to be huge going forward and Trump basically has given that to the Chinese. America has been a technological power house, the envy of the world, for the last 70 years but Trump is squandering our huge lead. I don't get it.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 01:18 PM
 
5,350 posts, read 1,488,796 times
Reputation: 3120
Who knew that simply closing my eyes and ears and shouting 'la la la la la la' actually causes the world to cease to exist.

Wonder if a lawyer has ever tried this.

"Judge there is no evidence my client is guilty!"

Prosecution slaps down a folder full of damning evidence.

"Judge that evidence is a conspiracy! There is no evidence my client is guilty!"
*Sticks fingers in ears, closes eyes, rocks back and forth chanting "no evidence, no evidence, no evidence"*
 
Old 08-13-2019, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
14,026 posts, read 10,072,697 times
Reputation: 10251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
jetgraphics

Science IS welcome here....Too bad there is none in your post that explains why the moon's temperatures are so extreme, but Earths are not....Here is a bit of edumacation for you....

The moon lacks an atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere traps the heat of sunlight. The sunlight warms the ground, which then releases this solar energy as infrared radiation, but much of that radiation cannot escape through the atmosphere. [That's why air is colder at higher elevations than low down, because of all that trapped heat. LOL.]

https://education.seattlepi.com/caus...moon-4320.html
Temperature changes are not the issue. Maximum temperatures ARE.

If you're going to claim that there is an effect ACCUMULATING / STORING HEAT, then why hasn't the maximum temperature gone UP to a new record?

Because there isn't a "greenhouse effect" in operation, trapping heat and "warming" the planet.

"Climate scientists" are milking the cow asserting all sorts of alarmist nonsense derived from their measurements of a chaotic system seeking equilibrium.

But as we all know, climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.
. . .
This might help you understand atmospheric energy better - - -

http://wstannard.wordpress.com/the-g...nergy-balance/
One of the comments summed it up : “I postulate => the net result of GH gasses is to cool the Earth!”

Again, it is blasphemy to the Church of the Warming Planet, so please read it at your peril.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Alabama
671 posts, read 480,653 times
Reputation: 1064
The earth is generally agreed to be about 4.5 billion years old. Modern humans appeared around 200,000 years ago. Google it, this is what you will find. This means if the history of the earth were laid out on a football field with one goal line being the origin of the earth and the other goal line being today, modern Homo Sapiens (humans) would appear in the last 0.2 Inch...or about 5 mm for you metric fans. And the modern post-industrial revolution is arguably, what, 300 years old? That's like the last 0.00024 inch, or about 1/10th of the thickness of a piece of paper!
Think about this when people talk about how humans have wrecked the environment and the world is gonna end if we dont enact some debilitating political solution. This big old world has been having temperature tantrums for a very very long time. We are, like it or not, rather inconsequential
 
Old 08-13-2019, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Haiku
5,129 posts, read 2,878,339 times
Reputation: 7510
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
The earth is generally agreed to be about 4.5 billion years old. Modern humans appeared around 200,000 years ago. Google it, this is what you will find. This means if the history of the earth were laid out on a football field with one goal line being the origin of the earth and the other goal line being today, modern Homo Sapiens (humans) would appear in the last 0.2 Inch...or about 5 mm for you metric fans. And the modern post-industrial revolution is arguably, what, 300 years old? That's like the last 0.00024 inch, or about 1/10th of the thickness of a piece of paper!
Think about this when people talk about how humans have wrecked the environment and the world is gonna end if we dont enact some debilitating political solution. This big old world has been having temperature tantrums for a very very long time. We are, like it or not, rather inconsequential
You're right that human existence is just a blip in geologic time scales. A million years from now nobody will even remember global warming of this era. Probably not even a thousand years from now. But the reality that we are living in right now and that our children will be living in is quite a different matter. We are not just outside observers looking at the earth's past, we will be the ones suffering the impact of climate change. It will become increasing disruptive to human life. Really, you could say the same about nuclear war - nobody will even remember it in a million years but that does not mean it is something that should not be avoided.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 02:09 PM
 
25,502 posts, read 12,494,728 times
Reputation: 11002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Yes, it's totally normal for the tundra and the rainforest to be on fire, because summer. It was 90° in Anchorage last month, but that's totally normal because summer too, right? What's that? It's just an anomaly you say? The climate always changes and there's nothing we can do about it, right? A century and a half of data from around the globe is all just fear mongering, right? Al Gore flies on private jets! Man what a hypocrite, guess that gives me carte blanche to do as I please because some non-scientist politician whom I happen to disagree with on political matters is also emitting carbon, which doesn't affect anything by the way.

How lazy. How pathetic.

Reevaluate your priorities.
You’re right. Now is a good time to burn my trash. That is my priority at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top