Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:42 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

No no no. No more giving those blood suckers another dime
!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 04:47 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Gotta love how when crazy people and criminals break laws, the law abiding get chastised. The left is absolutely crazy.

There are crazy people on all sides. Crazy doesn't have a party, it just pretends to.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:48 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So then what is the point of the insurance?

How is this going to happen?
The mayor thinks this will “reduce the harms of firearms”, Lol.

Having car insurance doesn’t reduce less accidents, if anything, it makes more people more reckless.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
More people get injured, maimed by stupid stuff gun owners do ----of the 33,000 deaths a year, I'm guessing most are not due to crazy or not criminally related.

I sure hope my family would sue the **** out of anyone who killed me accidentally or purposely. And I'd sure as hell hire the best atty to sue if I have any injury from someone's gun - or stolen gun that they failed to keep secure.

If I owned a gun and carried, I'd definitely have an umbrella liability policy "just in case" it was stolen, accidentally discharged, etc.
How many of those 30k are suicides?

You have a greater chance of dying in a car wreck on the way to a "ban guns" rally than being shot by a huge margin.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:50 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The mayor thinks this will “reduce the harms of firearms”, Lol.

Having car insurance doesn’t reduce less accidents, if anything, it makes more people more reckless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not everyone who kills or injures someone with a gun in a criminal. Some are just bad shots or clumsy.

Just ask Harry Wittington about that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_C...nting_accident

Old 08-12-2019, 04:51 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
My guns are already insured and it's none of their business what type, how many or for how much.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
I am mainly throwing this out there because I enjoy seeing 2A Above Everything Else folks go kinda crazy when someone has another opinion.

San Jose mayor proposes mandatory gun liability insurance

Actually, we like to see liberals go crazy over 2A, while we conservatives continue to carry the ball for the constitution in its entirety.

And that mandatory insurance might be new to YOU, but its not new among the gun-grabber organizations. The Brady Bunch has been pushing it for YEARS. Their reasoning: Like draconian ammo taxes/annual gun taxes/ purchase limits, etc., if you can't lick 'em, make it as onerous as possible for people, other than the rich (and criminals, of course), to own firearms.

Nothing new here.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:00 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
San Jose and other places like it should be required to maintain sanctuary city liability insurance.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:00 PM

78,393 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
I am mainly throwing this out there because I enjoy seeing 2A Above Everything Else folks go kinda crazy when someone has another opinion.

San Jose mayor proposes mandatory gun liability insurance
*shrug* the guy is making an empty virtue signal to his constituency which is frankly insulting.

If I were actually looking for a solution, I would be angry with the guy for wasting everyones time with an unconstitutional proposal that is completely meaningless and will just end up costing the city 1 million or so in legal fees after the ACLU steps in. (assuming he even follows through, in which case, he's throwing hot air)

If he were serious about the topic he could instead seek ways within the control of the city to try to avert such problems by tackling things that can be changed like expanded mental health care or increased policing cracking down on straw sales or gangs.

Anyone upset by the proposal go back to sleep, this one isn't going anywhere.

Anyone thinking this proposal will help fight the problem, well you've been had and need to ask yourself why the guy is BS'ing you and why you didn't spot it in the first place.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:07 PM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
More people get injured, maimed by stupid stuff gun owners do ----of the 33,000 deaths a year, I'm guessing most are not due to crazy or not criminally related.

I sure hope my family would sue the **** out of anyone who killed me accidentally or purposely. And I'd sure as hell hire the best atty to sue if I have any injury from someone's gun - or stolen gun that they failed to keep secure.

If I owned a gun and carried, I'd definitely have an umbrella liability policy "just in case" it was stolen, accidentally discharged, etc.
33,000....yeah, i'm thinking your numbers are a bit off there.
And what will the insurance do to help reduce people killing others ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies