Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is "Fredo" an ethic slur?
Yes 0 0%
No 9 36.00%
No - it's just an insult 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 06:54 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"Fredo Unhinged" T-shirt. Proudly Made in the U S of A.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/produc...unhinged-tee-1

He sure knows his base.
That's hilarious!

Old 08-14-2019, 06:55 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think that folks are being sensitive -- I think the intent of this thread -- and OP correct me if I'm wrong -- is the President himself being this ridiculous.

We haven't heard Pelosi call Mitch McConnell -- Moscow Mitch - it is something that online pundits, etc...have been saying.

To have the PResident of the USA endorse this kind of pettiness is concerning to me.

He's the PRESIDENT - -not some social media hype guy.
Bingo.

This is exactly why I think it's notable.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:56 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Now that's FUNNY. I don't care who ya are.

Not $34 funny, but funny.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:58 AM

108 posts, read 42,070 times
Quote:
I don't think that folks are being sensitive -- I think the intent of this thread -- and OP correct me if I'm wrong -- is the President himself being this ridiculous.

We haven't heard Pelosi call Mitch McConnell -- Moscow Mitch - it is something that online pundits, etc...have been saying.

To have the PResident of the USA endorse this kind of pettiness is concerning to me.

The nickname triggered a known Trump hater and guarantee you if the Trump campaign had not jumped on it someone would have started selling shirts,hats,stickers with it on there. CNN is hated and this will sell like crazy. I find it amusing as can be. The one thing I do like about Trump is he has made the president seem like just an everyday joe on the street. Doesn't seem stuck up and snobby.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
The part I find funny is that the Trump Campaign is probably making 30 bucks a shirt.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:02 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Then don't buy it? I won't be since I despise both sides but this is the kind of thing that makes me laugh at the thin skin of people on the left. Its almost as pathetic as calling McConnell Moscow Mitch....
Both major parties exhibit thin skin on a regular basis. Easy way to get the base excited, outraged, etc.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:

Bingo. Couldn't rep you again, yet.

I have no sympathy for Cuomo on this - he did this to himself and he gets what he gets.

My problem is that I would like to see out President be a little (a LOT) more mature than this.

I guess you can take the barker out of the carnival, but you can't take the carnival out of the barker. Sad.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:14 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

I think that we can all agree that Trump doesn't comport himself like others have as presidents and that has been something that has not been a plus for him.

That being said, Presidents often use proxies to do that dirty work like when the Clinton campaign got ripped up one side and down the other in 2016 by a series of attacks deeming both them and their supporters racists. Now Obama kept his hands clean during the process but let's not be naïve to the concept of keeping up appearances.

Even recently, Kamala Harris torched Biden....and then got some hard payback but not from Biden. No, that would open him up to race and gender accusations so he remained dignified while others took her back-alley.

I can give Bush vs. McCain examples as well. Attack by proxy.

So yeah, Trump is a loud mouth that is willing to roll in the mud and that's not what we normally see from a president. But I think if we're being honest it's just reality without all the filters.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You're so right. Trump should just have one of his donors selling it...that would make it totally different.

P.S. DNC has a thinly-veiled anti-Kavanaugh shirt up on it's website as we speak. Nothing like attacking a sitting Supreme Court justice eh?

Well, I'm not endorsing the DNC shirt, either.

However, a political group, with no real governmental authority is still not the same thing as the sitting POTUS. Right? So, now we're at least comparing fruits, but still not apples to apples.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:29 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The part I find funny is that the Trump Campaign is probably making 30 bucks a shirt.
where can i buy a US-made screen-printed shirt for 4 bucks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies