U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 13 days ago)

8,307 posts, read 3,249,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In what way? Because they defend themselves when they are attacked?
In Leftyville when you are attacked you are supposed to wait for the police to come and defend you. You know, the police who are often under orders to look the other way when antifa is attacking someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

3,990 posts, read 3,296,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Obviously the proud boys are there for trouble. However they have every right to protest the same as Antifa. I think this is going to come to a shooting eventually. These rallies have become more violent over time. They don't represent the vast majority of American's on either side.
While they don't represent either side of moderate left-right politics, they most certainly represent ONE side of our past, and that is the fact of us being a revolutionary society bathed in early on bloodshed by the Crown's army and the colonials who took to protesting with a violent twist. America, for all of it's talk of being a nation of political tolerance, isn't. I live very close to Portland, I won't be going there during these clashes, I see enough vitriol right here on CD to know that we have a ton of wingnuts on both the left and right..As for the Proudboys: Read some of the history of the German Freikorps..I don't think we've seen the worst of these types by a long shot.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

7,431 posts, read 4,310,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Have they ever gone to a Pantifa demonstration and attacked them? They may have-honestly don't know. We do know the opposite is true. Pantifa has assaulted anyone that holds conservative views-particularly women and the elderly.
Surely you recognize that is a ludicrous over exaggerated statement.

What is striking is how many women are in Antifa.

Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

10,066 posts, read 8,290,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What/who is "far right rally"? A group? a name? or just "far right rally"? Either way it wont make the news, unless a lefty gets hurt bad. Although, if no one (antifa) countered, there would be no problems at all and this absurdity would dissapate
In Portland anyone with any form of conservative thoughts on social issues and politics are far right compared to the rest of the city.

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
super aggressive antiFA attacked a gay journalist. go ahead and show us the footage of said journalist charging at people with a baton.
Yes, that was despicable. But not the incident I was referring to.

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...a-attack-port/

Which in reality all of this boils down to this:

There is an active effort to divide us.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM

27,873 posts, read 17,819,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Surely you recognize that is a ludicrous over exaggerated statement.

What is striking is how many women are in Antifa.
Yes-especially the ones with "micropenises" that "identify" as women. And wear "man buns".

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

10,509 posts, read 9,468,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
oh the left wing loons in Portland will not tolerate this kind of free speech
Correct. Portland's rule is: Our way or the highway

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Consider this quote from the Proud Boys founder:
“I want violence, I want punching in the face. I’m disappointed in Trump supporters for not punching enough.”
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...015-story.html

And he takes that rhetoric on tour around the US. But has been targeting Portland for special treatment.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

38,712 posts, read 15,176,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Consider this quote from the Proud Boys founder:
“I want violence, I want punching in the face. I’m disappointed in Trump supporters for not punching enough.”
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...015-story.html
Anyone surprised?

Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM

7,291 posts, read 8,278,142 times
Perhaps this rally could be held somewhere away from civilization, that way the "proud boys" or whatever the hell they call themselves and Antifa can leave the rest of us alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or