Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 08:50 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,509,150 times

Advertisements

Ugh!

What I don't get is why any counter protesters would organize to show up? That is just plain unintelligent. I understand why "on paper" that seems like a good response. I was part of some protests in the past that were left "wing" to counter protest what was happening but that was a different time and even then, often the left would not go to certain rally's because they knew it would be wrong in that situation.

I think it really unwise to engage them - to show up - to be near there. It is not brave, not standing up for anti-fascism, it is playing into a destructive, confrontational system that is made even more unsafe by the US liberal gun policies.

So feel free to not go-advice from one school liberal.

Also I rarely feel for the Police in general but have to agree with the Police on this one. "There's no winning for the cops in a situation like this. There just isn't".

Also funny this " "It's progressive, and even more offensive to them, it's progressive white people who should be on these guys' side." Portland is a weird place to me or rather unusual. It is liberal but it a very different way than say Austin.It's liberal to the point of regressive/destructive/decadent. At least the small bit I saw there in 1 week. It is pro-sex work, very accepting of Heroin and Meth. Thankfully Austin is not like that.

STAY AWAY!

If I was in Portland this week I would stay as far away as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 08:54 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
They need to set up high res cameras NOW. All over the area. including in areas where the miscreants FROM BOTH SIDES park their cars and assemble. They need to be tracked and WHEN, not if these animals riot, they need to be tried, convicted of rioting using the evidence from above and given multi year prison sentences AND felony conviction records.

A no mask law would cut the violence in half or better. Only the right wing turds have their faces uncovered.

Yes I know this will not happen.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:00 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Anyone know who filed permits for the rally?

Old 08-13-2019, 09:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Ugh!

What I don't get is why any counter protesters would organize to show up? That is just plain unintelligent. I understand why "on paper" that seems like a good response. I was part of some protests in the past that were left "wing" to counter protest what was happening but that was a different time and even then, often the left would not go to certain rally's because they knew it would be wrong in that situation.

I think it really unwise to engage them - to show up - to be near there. It is not brave, not standing up for anti-fascism, it is playing into a destructive, confrontational system that is made even more unsafe by the US liberal gun policies.

So feel free to not go-advice from one school liberal.

Also I rarely feel for the Police in general but have to agree with the Police on this one. "There's no winning for the cops in a situation like this. There just isn't".

Also funny this " "It's progressive, and even more offensive to them, it's progressive white people who should be on these guys' side." Portland is a weird place to me or rather unusual. It is liberal but it a very different way than say Austin.It's liberal to the point of regressive/destructive/decadent. At least the small bit I saw there in 1 week. It is pro-sex work, very accepting of Heroin and Meth. Thankfully Austin is not like that.

STAY AWAY!

If I was in Portland this week I would stay as far away as possible.
I kind of agree. While I understand how people with opposite views want their voices heard too, let the Right have their little party, ignore them, and counter them by VOTING !!

Personally, I would want to be as far away from a group like this one as possible.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:02 AM

2,923 posts, read 976,980 times
oh the left wing loons in Portland will not tolerate this kind of free speech

Old 08-13-2019, 09:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
I often wonder how Charlottesville would have turned out if ANTIFA didnt show up? The white nationalists would have rallied for a few hours and left, but no, antifa shows up, attacks the other side and someone died as a result.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
What/who is "far right rally"? A group? a name? or just "far right rally"? Either way it wont make the news, unless a lefty gets hurt bad. Although, if no one (antifa) countered, there would be no problems at all and this absurdity would dissapate

Old 08-13-2019, 09:21 AM

17,296 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What/who is "far right rally"? A group? a name? or just "far right rally"? Either way it wont make the news, unless a lefty gets hurt bad. Although, if no one (antifa) countered, there would be no problems at all and this absurdity would dissapate
Proud Boys and co.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Proud Boys and co.
Is there a flyer or a link or...?

Old 08-13-2019, 09:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
oh the left wing loons in Portland will not tolerate this kind of free speech
The left will show up and be violent and leave trash everywhere. They will also bring racist signs while posing as conservatives. Antifa will wear their masks so they can assault people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies