U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM

12,714 posts, read 14,097,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Mx.?

How is that pronounced? "Mix", "mixter", "mixxes"?

I'm a 20th century man lost in 21st century labels.

These are not 21st century labels. They are the ramblings of the mentally insane, who happen to scream and shout louder than you, so they get their way. Just go along with it, I guess that's what everyone else is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,118,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
These are not 21st century labels. They are the ramblings of the mentally insane, who happen to scream and shout louder than you, so they get their way. Just go along with it, I guess that's what everyone else is doing.
I still don't know how to pronounce the label.

Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM

12,714 posts, read 14,097,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I still don't know how to pronounce the label.

I wouldn't concern myself with it. If someone is rambling nonsense, do you pay attention? I just live and let live.

Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 9 days ago)

12,220 posts, read 6,453,936 times
See, there are some things that even I'll push back on when it comes to this topic. These are largely made-up gender identities. While I will advocate always that people be treated with respect, there comes a point when you're insulting the intelligence of others by making these new identities up out of thin air.

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM

14,230 posts, read 6,497,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What agenda? Seriously? If no topic is off limits, why don't we educate kids about using guns...
Lol, you trying to equate sexual or gender with a weapon intending to kill others is pretty pathetic.

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM

5,145 posts, read 3,035,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What agenda? Seriously? If no topic is off limits, why don't we educate kids about using guns...
I actually agree with that. Gun safety is important.

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM

5,145 posts, read 3,035,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
See, there are some things that even I'll push back on when it comes to this topic. These are largely made-up gender identities. While I will advocate always that people be treated with respect, there comes a point when you're insulting the intelligence of others by making these new identities up out of thin air.
Agree. It’s stupid.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

4,817 posts, read 4,058,173 times
So what restroom is he, uh, I mean IT, using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, you trying to equate sexual or gender with a weapon intending to kill others is pretty pathetic.
Hey! Teaching is teaching! Get with the program!

Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM

40,682 posts, read 40,240,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He handed out a graphic created by an activist transgender group in a class with zip to do with sexual identity. That's not teaching. Then again, it might teach parents to be careful of what's going on public schools.
I read that other post you quoted and I almost laughed out loud at the silliness of it. Unless it was a gender studies class or something related it has no business being talked about, especially if it's at a lower age level.

Stick to the course curriculum, the approved course curriculum.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

4,238 posts, read 5,724,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What agenda? The teacher IS teaching. A very simple explanation about gender identity. Period. The end.

What agenda? You serious? He's recruiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or