U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,965 posts, read 2,785,812 times
Reputation: 2657

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You make a strong case for illiteracy.
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
9,013 posts, read 7,844,633 times
Reputation: 15584
This thread is full of people that only know farming from what the lying msm tells them. Farmers are vastly different one from another. Some are small dairy farms with 30 cows and some land for crops. Some raise cattle or sheep or chickens. Some raise cotton in west Texas, on only 500 acres and some on 5000 or more. The topic of farmers is vast and complicated, even for expert. If you think you know what you're talking about from propaganda from the msm, who claim to be experts based on sitting at a computer in NYC, you're sadly mistaken.

Yes, there are some rich farmers, but there's a lot that don't make much and work other jobs to support themselves, cause the farm pays so little. And a lot of these poor folks go broke, and some sadly kill themselves because they know no other life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:21 PM
 
18,462 posts, read 11,315,210 times
Reputation: 9716
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This thread is full of people that only know farming from what the lying msm tells them. Farmers are vastly different one from another. Some are small dairy farms with 30 cows and some land for crops. Some raise cattle or sheep or chickens. Some raise cotton in west Texas, on only 500 acres and some on 5000 or more. The topic of farmers is vast and complicated, even for expert. If you think you know what you're talking about from propaganda from the msm, who claim to be experts based on sitting at a computer in NYC, you're sadly mistaken.

Yes, there are some rich farmers, but there's a lot that don't make much and work other jobs to support themselves, cause the farm pays so little. And a lot of these poor folks go broke, and some sadly kill themselves because they know no other life.
Then they should sell the farms and get other jobs instead taking $50 billion in taxpayer handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:23 PM
 
925 posts, read 454,101 times
Reputation: 896
I would respect farmers more if they refused to sell us chlorinated meat and only sold us natural organic meat like they do in the EU. Time to start labeling chlorinated meats.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a9060876.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:27 PM
 
7,674 posts, read 2,738,370 times
Reputation: 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This thread is full of people that only know farming from what the lying msm tells them. Farmers are vastly different one from another. Some are small dairy farms with 30 cows and some land for crops. Some raise cattle or sheep or chickens. Some raise cotton in west Texas, on only 500 acres and some on 5000 or more. The topic of farmers is vast and complicated, even for expert. If you think you know what you're talking about from propaganda from the msm, who claim to be experts based on sitting at a computer in NYC, you're sadly mistaken.

Yes, there are some rich farmers, but there's a lot that don't make much and work other jobs to support themselves, cause the farm pays so little. And a lot of these poor folks go broke, and some sadly kill themselves because they know no other life.
Do you think their lot is worse than blacks growing up in a ghetto? Have you cried for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 10:46 PM
 
4,003 posts, read 1,885,165 times
Reputation: 3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
I would respect farmers more if they refused to sell us chlorinated meat and only sold us natural organic meat like they do in the EU. Time to start labeling chlorinated meats.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a9060876.html


1. Don't want it, don't buy it.

2. Chickens are not slaughtered and chlorinated by the farmers. Do you know ANYTHING about that industry?

3. Why do you need a label if you know it's washed in chlorine? If you're buying crap chicken in the US it's chlorinated.

4. Unless you buy directly from farmer John, farmers don't sell you anything. You have only yourself to blame for what you put in your mouth.

And judging by the crap coming out of your finger tips, you could probably stand to eat a little better. I suggest an economics class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 10:48 PM
 
4,003 posts, read 1,885,165 times
Reputation: 3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Do you think their lot is worse than blacks growing up in a ghetto? Have you cried for them?
Someone trying to explain farming to a bunch of ignorant yet still opiniated fools is crying for farmers?

I guess I don't understand crying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 10:51 PM
 
4,003 posts, read 1,885,165 times
Reputation: 3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Then they should sell the farms and get other jobs instead taking $50 billion in taxpayer handouts.
Ahhh the party of hate and ignorance speaks.

The government is putting a band aid on problems government created.

Your hate and ignorance of agriculture is noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 11:15 PM
 
18,462 posts, read 11,315,210 times
Reputation: 9716
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Ahhh the party of hate and ignorance speaks.

The government is putting a band aid on problems government created.

Your hate and ignorance of agriculture is noted.
Note it. That $50 BILLION is being dolled out like the lottery. That is not a bandaid, that is a heart transplant. These guys are making bank and it's nothing more than Trump using my tax dollars to buy farmer votes while they cash the government checks.

Read the link. https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...233405312.html

One farm got over $700K! The next over $500K! This is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 11:26 PM
 
4,003 posts, read 1,885,165 times
Reputation: 3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Note it. That $50 BILLION is being dolled out like the lottery. That is not a bandaid, that is a heart transplant. These guys are making bank and it's nothing more than Trump using my tax dollars to buy farmer votes while they cash the government checks.

Read the link. https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...233405312.html

One farm got over $700K! The next over $500K! This is insane.
And?

Farms, especiallyy in Kansas, can be huge operations. You don't even know what you're outraged about.

It was known that this would happen. Did you care about all the people that lost manufacturing work in the last 30 years here? Or hate them when they used government programs and money available to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top