U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM

5,312 posts, read 1,458,304 times

Advertisements

Here's a suggestion: Ask students to sign a petition demanding that the university forbid petitions castigating silly and irrelevant things like the figure in a crosswalk sign; "offensive" mascots like "the Colonials" or "the Redskins"; demands that the university pass a law forbidding setting of nuclear weapons on campus etc.

It could be called the "For Heavens' Sake Get A Life And Stop Acting Stupid" petition.

On some campuses it might not get signed by some students anyway.

But at least it would identify which students whose stupidity was not an act.

----------------------------------------

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13566

VIDEO: Students sign petition to ban 'offensive' white man in crosswalk signs

by Ethan Cai
New Hampshire Campus Correspondent
Today at 9:35 AM EDT

GWU students recently voted to change the school's "Colonials" mascot and told Campus Reform that President Barack Obama is the best president in history.

Campus Reform went undercover to George Washington University to ask students if they supported changing the “offensive” and “oppressive” white man in crosswalk lights, as well.

With the rise of politically correct culture, students and universities have vehemently pushed for diversity and inclusivity movements, resulting in many things being labeling “offensive.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 13 days ago)

3,607 posts, read 639,711 times
What about the image of the yellow man slipping and falling on a folding 'wet floor' sign? IMO this should be changed to white instead of yellow, to show the basic ignominy of the white man.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

13,803 posts, read 7,523,960 times
Yes, they definitely should change it to black or gray against the black background.

Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

24,573 posts, read 12,132,906 times
Students should be studying.

Not engaging in lunacy.

Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

6,431 posts, read 6,728,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yes, they definitely should change it to black or gray against the black background.
LOL... that was exactly my thought.

Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

5,028 posts, read 987,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Students should be studying.

Not engaging in lunacy.
I think you mean, students should be studying but not studying things where they engage in lunacy!

Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 13 days ago)

3,607 posts, read 639,711 times
When I was about 7 there was a street sign near my house that said "Cars can't think--Kids don't think--You think!"

As a kid, I found this quite offensive. I got some spray paint and made up some stencils, and changed the sign to read "Cars can't stink--Kids don't stink--You stink!" LOL. In retrospect of course, the city was just trying to look out for kids by putting up the sign.

Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,165,510 times
Shouldn't walking be banned, is that demeaning to people who are wheelchair-bound.

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

10,241 posts, read 6,395,769 times
I am offended by the red man light at the crosswalk, how dare them.

Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM

854 posts, read 838,042 times
Should he be a rainbow man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or