U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:06 AM

843 posts, read 473,174 times

Advertisements

Yes, all of us are on the same page and we talk about it frequently. If someone isn't they sure are keeping quiet about it. Actually my whole county is as well. We are not just Red, but a deep shade of Red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:06 AM
Status: "white culture is like living with radiation -IS" (set 12 days ago)

903 posts, read 163,234 times
I have two black neighbors to the south and the neighbor to the north has a sticker on his car that says GOP & Trump are traitors, so no. But I can still get along with them and don't go out of my way to throw politics in their face. The one neighbor to the south is probably racist but I don't let him drag me into conversations about that. NOthing positive would come of it.

Old Today, 07:07 AM

7,115 posts, read 2,585,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I live in a blue city within a swing state. My neighbors are leftists for the most part. So, no, they don't agree with my politics.
This.

To this I would add, my family (both sides) swing mostly left, some right, and none of them including my wife are down with my anarchism. To be logically and morally consistent in politics is to be alone on an island.

You get used to it though.

Old Today, 07:09 AM

1,801 posts, read 358,086 times
One positive thing about Baltimore: I have two stickers on my car - one is an oval that says "GOP" and the other is an NRA lifetime member sticker.

My car has never one time been vandalized. Broken into yes, vandalized no. I think that's miraculous given the political makeup of this city.

Old Today, 07:18 AM

7,201 posts, read 7,854,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Right, because Harvard Trained Lawyers and Constitutional Scholars vs. Reality TV Real Estate Con man....we KNOW the Harvard Man is going to not know things....
More harm has been done to the United States by the educated elite than by any other group, and education has little to do with my distaste for either Obama or Hillary. For that matter, Trump’s education level has no bearing on my distaste for him.

Ironically, the Obama presidency holds a large portion of the blame for Trump’s election. That doesn’t change the fact that America got screwed over by both of the major parties in 2016. Neither Trump nor Hillary should have even been a contender for their respective party’s nomination. Yet, that’s who the major parties shoved down our throats. We were given the choice between the most disliked and untrusted woman in Washington who promised to continue the Obama policies that were “fundamentally transforming” America, a narcissistic jackass who at least offered the possibility of a better future, and a few third party candidates that, while in some cases were more presidential than either, got so little airtime that they may as well have been nonexistent. It turned into a partisan battle over who could elect the biggest *******. Idiocracy has, in fact, become a documentary.

Old Today, 07:19 AM

5,482 posts, read 1,367,453 times
Generally no. I live in Illinois and I am conservative so do the math. The liberals are very out there with their politics and the conservatives keep to themselves because they will be called racist, etc...blah, blah. However, the conservatives are starting to reach out behind the scenes to each other because they are generally fed up, especially in Illinois.

Last edited by Grlzrl; Today at 07:46 AM..

Old Today, 07:24 AM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 14 days ago)

8,309 posts, read 3,249,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
More harm has been done to the United States by the educated elite than by any other group, and education has little to do with my distaste for either Obama or Hillary. For that matter, Trump’s education level has no bearing on my distaste for him.

Ironically, the Obama presidency holds a large portion of the blame for Trump’s election. That doesn’t change the fact that America got screwed over by both of the major parties in 2016. Neither Trump nor Hillary should have even been a contender for their respective party’s nomination. Yet, that’s who the major parties shoved down our throats. We were given the choice between the most disliked and untrusted woman in Washington who promised to continue the Obama policies that were “fundamentally transforming” America, a narcissistic jackass who at least offered the possibility of a better future, and a few third party candidates that, while in some cases were more presidential than either, got so little airtime that they may as well have been nonexistent. It turned into a partisan battle over who could elect the biggest *******. Idiocracy has, in fact, become a documentary.
There is truth in what you say but the GOP fought tooth and nail to keep Trump from getting the nomination. He was not shoved down our throats. That may actually bolster your idiocracy analogy though.

Old Today, 07:45 AM

5,482 posts, read 1,367,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post

Are you serious? Trump won fair and square. The party didn't shove him down our throats. They fought tooth and nail against him.

Old Today, 07:57 AM

17,460 posts, read 19,718,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Do most people live in a place where others agree with them politically?
No, I don't. I am center right politically. But I live in a highly liberal jurisdiction. Pretty much any urban area in America is.

I simply avoid discussions about politics. No need to put myself in the lion's den. Plenty of other things to talk about.

Old Today, 08:15 AM

6,429 posts, read 5,501,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Yes, all of us are on the same page and we talk about it frequently. If someone isn't they sure are keeping quiet about it. Actually my whole county is as well. We are not just Red, but a deep shade of Red.
Same here, in Western Pennsylvania. Everybody I know hated Obama, and I don't know anyone who supported Hillary. We went solid red in '16, and likely will again in '20. No one wants illegal aliens or refugees bused to our town, translators in our schools, or our guns confiscated (we have a huge gun culture). Liberals would probably call our attitudes "racist", "white supremacist", or "xenophobic". This would result in an eye roll or shrug. Whatever. We are what we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or