U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 03:59 AM

5,543 posts, read 1,596,009 times

Advertisements

Since when is going off-topic a bad thing?
President Trump is not talking on an internet messageboard.
He can go to whatever topic he wants to.
Its real life where people speak about whatever they want, especially the POTUS.
Also, speaking about the primary candidates is always on-topic during an election cycle.
Bizarre thread.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:13 AM

12,743 posts, read 14,116,467 times
Another day, another whine fest against Trump. Weren't you all supposed to be living in Canada by now?

Old 08-14-2019, 05:26 AM

7,196 posts, read 5,046,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Its real life where people speak about whatever they want, especially the POTUS.
Also, speaking about the primary candidates is always on-topic during an election cycle.
Bizarre thread.
You are so right. And he chose, with his unlimited platform to discuss any matter that might benefit the American people, to take a sophmoric swipe that leverages his base's ignorance, rather than actually talk about something that might benefit the citizens of the USA.

This is the thing that gets me. While I don't agree with the Trump Agenda, why do those who do celebrate when he uses his office to tear other Americans down? I get politics, and I get that politicians will highlight what they think is wrong with their opponents, but what does calling her "Pocohauntus" or him "Sleepy Joe" have ANYTHING to do with pushing forward his lie that he will (or has) somehow make America better?

You have a right to support whoever you want, but I would think that if you voted for Trump on his promise to set America back 100 years, to make us a country of White Priveledge, and to ruin our economy by espousing isolationist economic policies, that you'd hold him accountable to those lofty goals, and I would think you would be the FIRST person in line to call him out when he's not sending brown people out of the country, separating families, insulting our allies, enboldening white supremecists and all the other "great work" you hired him to do.

I know I stand against those things, so I'm pretty happy when he has an opportunity to promote them, and he instead decides to show what a simpleton ass-hat he really is. I don't know if he'll be defeated or not, but let him keep on being a tool. It is the first thing he might do to actually help America.

(And for the record, I am no fan of Warren. I think she is a whiny person with ideas that are not best for America. Trump is one of the few people that could run against her and motivate me to vote for her with confidence. He's that bad.)

Old 08-14-2019, 05:30 AM

19,757 posts, read 12,431,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Not that this is unusual. But it remains notable for a number of reasons, his inability to focus, his limited vocabulary, his personal complaints, and particularly his vagueness.

One interesting example is his rambling about Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden. Notice not only that he tries to keep insulting her with the same tired "Pocahontas," but notice even more that he has absolutely nothing factual to argue against her or Biden.

Trump was supposed to give a speech on energy. He went way off script.
On attacking Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former Vice President Joe Biden, potential 2020 rivals: “I did it very early with Pocahontas, I should have probably waited. She's staging a comeback on Sleepy Joe. I don't know who's going to win, but we'll have to hit Pocahontas very hard again if she does win. But she’s staging a little bit of a comeback. What a group — Pocahontas and Sleepy Joe.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...sburgh-1461337
DO you mean like Biden does? At least he is intellectually capable of going off script, unlike Obama. Without a teleprompter, Obama was a babbling idiot.

I love Trump as he says exactly what is on his mind- no hidden agendas. What you see is what you get with Trump, which is refreshing for a politician, who NEVER say what they are actually thinking.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:41 AM

21,841 posts, read 14,518,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
He's not a conservative.
Nope, can't play that card, he's yours, bought and paid for.

No returns.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:43 AM

21,841 posts, read 14,518,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Bizarre thread.
Bizarre answer. Trump proves, daily, that he lacks the focus to address serious issues in society, and he'd rather only speak to adoring crowds, watch Fox News, and sleep until 11:00 AM. Remember, he doesn't even go to briefings, he prefers the Cliffs Notes version from one of his lackeys.

As unprofessional and unqualified a President as this country has ever had. Ever.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:52 AM

5,498 posts, read 1,126,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
The poster you are replying to isn't running for President. When one of the candidates does, then complain.
The poster is condemning President Trump for calling Lizzie Pocahontas but did same poster condemn anti Trumpers posting here calling Trump cheeto?

He stuck to his speech on energy......Joe's lack thereof.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 AM

7,457 posts, read 1,694,594 times
Donald has the intellect of a 12-year old. He's a man-child.

An insecure, angry, entitled little boy wearing a 73-year old skin suit of fat and blubber.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:31 AM

7,196 posts, read 5,046,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The poster is condemning President Trump for calling Lizzie Pocahontas but did same poster condemn anti Trumpers posting here calling Trump cheeto?

He stuck to his speech on energy......Joe's lack thereof.
1. Has any serious CANDIDATE called him Cheeto while on an official stage? If they did (if Joe or Elizabeth did) we'd all condemn them. I would condemn it because it is beneath whatever office they hold, or are running for, and more importantly, I would condemn it because if they use their time and their platform to tear others down on a constant basis, then they are not the right person for the job. (And don't even come back with "whatabout XXXXX". There is NOBODY who has done this like Trump has. He's a first.)

2. Even the every-day citizens who call him that, most of them can give you POLICY reasons why he's bad. Trump can't even take the time to do that.

I would ask if you see the difference, but... nah...

Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 AM

23,764 posts, read 12,537,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
He's not a conservative.
Can't say this enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or