U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 03:56 PM

11,167 posts, read 10,294,501 times

Advertisements

I read a NY Post article about it yesterday. It said that people kept taunting Hice at his bar tending job by ordering lemon drops. I thought that was kind of funny.

I cant stand Lemon. That said, anyone who has ever been to Murph’s can tell you, the place is really small. I cant see this having really happened without the whole bar seeing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 04:00 PM

8,292 posts, read 2,410,117 times
I wonder if Biden has done that to kids?

Old 08-14-2019, 05:32 PM

32,630 posts, read 26,611,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Interesting that when someone mentions Kavanaugh, accused sexual molester, you bend over backwards to say he is an innocent man. When someone like Lemon is accused, you automatically assume he's guilty.

And BTW, you guys should stop being such big homophobes. No we don't believe in bestiality or pedophilia. That's a really tiresome argument from the 1950's. Why don't you spend your time worrying about Christian preachers who molest children or politicians who grab women "by the vagina"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
That sword cuts both ways. When Kavanaugh was accused (w/o witness evidence, btw), we were told that we must believe the accuser. My own Sen. Patty Murray said it.

Now when Lemon is accused, it's deeeeeferent. Anyway, I see few if any on the thread who "automatically assume he's guilty.
"

travis is right, that sword does cut both ways. kavanaugh was innocent until proven guilty, unless it was a liberal making the charges, then kavanaugh was guilty as sin regardless of whether or not it was the truth, and regardless of the fact that there was no credible evidence what so ever.

in the case of lemon, so far most people are willing to let things go forward and see what happens. lemon is an grade AAA a$$hole to be sure, but that doesnt mean he is guilty of the charges. but a settlement was put on the table, and though lemon turned it down he did offer up a counter settlement. so we shall see how this pans out.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:57 PM

2,092 posts, read 2,268,974 times
Guilty before proven innocent!

It's the Regressive way

Old 08-14-2019, 06:00 PM

11,744 posts, read 2,903,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
. but a settlement was put on the table, and though lemon turned it down he did offer up a counter settlement. so we shall see how this pans out.

I bet CNN is pressuring him to settle. Would they pick up the tab for him?

Old 08-14-2019, 06:11 PM

2,092 posts, read 2,268,974 times
Don Lemon is a racist black nationalist who engages in media supremacy on a daily basis , and now he is a sexual predator too!

Old 08-14-2019, 06:15 PM

4,856 posts, read 1,280,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
It could be anybody, not just lemon. He baited lemon because it would get him attention, he knew Lemon would respond. Well here we are.
I am sick of this excuse for bad behavior. Being baited by an idiot should not make someone on the receiving end act in kind or worse. Learn self control. Period. The only time anything should be done is if the idiot lays hands on.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:17 PM

11,479 posts, read 7,422,276 times
I don’t have cable, so I only know of don lemon because conservatives whine about him.

Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 15 days ago)

3,654 posts, read 649,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Do you believe that anyone accused of a crime should be fired? Or is there something else you are thinking about?
Again, if Lemon did this he will probably settle, with a non-disclosure agreement. CNN HR should investigate, and if they find the allegation to be true, he should be fired. In most companies, if it looks like the allegation is substantive, he would be suspended pending investigation, and then get back pay if cleared.

Harvey Weinstein victimized many additional women because he was let off the hook instead of being investigated.

Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 15 days ago)

3,654 posts, read 649,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
... a settlement was put on the table, and though lemon turned it down he did offer up a counter settlement. so we shall see how this pans out.
Sounds like a normal negotiation is moving forward. It doesn't mean he is guilty, but it's not a good sign for Lemon. Again CNN needs to launch an investigation. Any big name like this will have a 'moral turpitude' clause to allow their firing, similar to how Roseanne Barr was fired (IIRC by ABC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or