U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM

6,532 posts, read 3,510,127 times

Advertisements

Mr Trump, POTUS, Businessman.

If this was a competition I’d say China is beating the snot out of the U.S. Expected seeing who the coach is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

14,666 posts, read 22,530,901 times
79% of the farmers support Trump.

Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM
Status: "Hey I thought this was the train to Margaritaville?" (set 24 days ago)

11,933 posts, read 15,606,327 times
Sure they’re getting welfare.

Let’s stop that $hit and treat them like legal immigrants that can’t stand on their own two feet.
Oh by the way- Farm bankruptcies are on the rise.

But don’t worry- the Trump administration is trying to make ch 12 easier for them to file.

Cause Trump is all about bankruptcy, lol.

Last edited by Threerun; Yesterday at 10:37 PM..

Old Today, 03:35 AM

38,715 posts, read 15,176,556 times
The soybean farmers' subsidies/welfare are costing more than the tariffs are bringing in.

With the federal deficit doubling, how long can we afford to subsidize farmers to grow crops for markets that are likely gone forever?

Russia, Australia, Brazil, etc. are supplying China with soybeans. What are the chances China will ever revert to buying from U.S. farmers?

Old Today, 03:46 AM

4,158 posts, read 6,452,547 times
Trump has destroyed the American farmer. However, consider that Russia, while unable to supply all the needs of the chinese, have been given billions of dollars in trade by Comrade Trump. Do you really think that was an accident? Russia is ramping up their farm business to supply the chinese. After Trump crapped all over the Chinese there's not a chance in hell that China will come back to the American farmer. Demented Don, a failed businessman who is rated number one in loses, now running the US into what Trump knows best, bankruptcy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/10/trum...----china.html

Old Today, 03:47 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,749,166 times
No doubt this hurts people. There is also no doubt that over the decades China has consistently been taking advantage of the the United States when it comes to trade. While this may not be pleasant but we have to do something. In the end it will still be unfair but probably a hell of a lot better than it is now. The easy thing to do is allow China to continue it's practices. The hard thing to do is actually having the backbone to do something about it! I would support any president regardless of party on this issue!

Old Today, 03:59 AM

14,828 posts, read 10,735,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
No doubt this hurts people. There is also no doubt that over the decades China has consistently been taking advantage of the the United States when it comes to trade. While this may not be pleasant but we have to do something. In the end it will still be unfair but probably a hell of a lot better than it is now. The easy thing to do is allow China to continue it's practices. The hard thing to do is actually having the backbone to do something about it! I would support any president regardless of party on this issue!
I agree with this. We got in this situation way back in Clinton’s era by granting China “most favored nation” trade status, and to be fair, it seemed reasonable at the time. This issue has been a long time in the making.

Old Today, 04:07 AM

34,604 posts, read 41,792,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree with this. We got in this situation way back in Clinton’s era by granting China “most favored nation” trade status, and to be fair, it seemed reasonable at the time. This issue has been a long time in the making.
That being the case trump is just making a bad situation worse.

Old Today, 04:11 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,749,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That being the case trump is just making a bad situation worse.
Just how exactly would you fix it then? Play nice with the Chinese hoping they will do something for the United States? Give me a break!

Old Today, 04:14 AM

1,629 posts, read 651,857 times
He was put in this position by his predecessors.

Him doing nothing and continuing the status quo would cost more billions in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or