U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:18 AM

19,682 posts, read 12,404,499 times

Advertisements

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-microplastics

One of the many REAL environmental issues we face, which of course, is ignored. Meanwhile, valuable resources are diverted to a hoax like global warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:42 AM

981 posts, read 848,011 times
Lots of manmade man released stuff is falling outa the sky...geoengineering...

Old Today, 06:53 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,733,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-microplastics

One of the many REAL environmental issues we face, which of course, is ignored. Meanwhile, valuable resources are diverted to a hoax like global warming.
I'm more concerned with non microscopic plastic floating around the oceans. At least we can do something about that cleanup.

Old Today, 07:06 AM

30,071 posts, read 16,614,198 times
Off hand I dont trust any tax funded studies which by their very nature emanate from politicians and bureaucrats looking for bigger budgets, more control over private property and their own job security.

Old Today, 07:08 AM

27,458 posts, read 19,321,492 times
the stuff appears to be everywhere.

Do you consume a credit card's worth of plastic every week?

Old Today, 09:29 AM

11,729 posts, read 8,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Off hand I dont trust any tax funded studies which by their very nature emanate from politicians and bureaucrats looking for bigger budgets, more control over private property and their own job security.
I really don't need any studies. I can see.

And classroom that traditionally had 1 or 2 kids with developmental issues 25 years ago now have up to 1/2 the class. That's according to a relative who teaches in an upscale Manhattan school. She has long believed, after numerous studies, it was from ingested plastics by the mom and the kid.

Old Today, 09:40 AM

32,854 posts, read 16,815,030 times
It's ignored?

hawkeye2009, the states and politicians you've been trained to hate are trying like hell to curb single-use plastic and to raise awareness of the problem. The politicians you back call us eco-crazed treehuggers and fight us every step of the way.

But welcome to the dark side. We have organic fair-trade cookies.

Old Today, 09:58 AM

11,729 posts, read 8,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's ignored?

hawkeye2009, the states and politicians you've been trained to hate are trying like hell to curb single-use plastic and to raise awareness of the problem. The politicians you back call us eco-crazed treehuggers and fight us every step of the way.

Old Today, 11:25 AM

19,682 posts, read 12,404,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's ignored?

Au contraire-

I am an environmentalist. Many acts of the EPA have done great things to limit pollution, but currently they are going to far with intrusion into private property with ridiculous rules.

The "green initiatives" of dems are actually far more polluting and are helping to destroy the rain forests, as more and more jungle acerage is burned to make way for switchgrass used in biofuels. Libs oppose natural gas use, which is probably the cleanest energy source we have, as they believe in the AGW hoax.

Electric cars and solar energy are VERY DIRTY and introduce heavy metal toxins into the soil and water, which are nearly impossible to remove.

The best environmentalists are hunters, through which license fees go for the most part to create and preserve new habitats for animals. I personally have put a large acerage into prarie grass, planted hundreds of trees, and created duck habitats. I raise bees as well, as there are tremendous shortages of bees. All of the waterways on my land have very wide grass buffer areas to limit run off into the water.

What have you done?

Old Today, 11:31 AM

950 posts, read 1,134,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Au contraire-

I am an environmentalist. Many acts of the EPA have done great things to limit pollution, but currently they are going to far with intrusion into private property with ridiculous rules.

The "green initiatives" of dems are actually far more polluting and are helping to destroy the rain forests, as more and more jungle acerage is burned to make way for switchgrass used in biofuels. Libs oppose natural gas use, which is probably the cleanest energy source we have, as they believe in the AGW hoax.

Electric cars and solar energy are VERY DIRTY and introduce heavy metal toxins into the soil and water, which are nearly impossible to remove.

The best environmentalists are hunters, through which license fees go for the most part to create and preserve new habitats for animals. I personally have put a large acerage into prarie grass, planted hundreds of trees, and created duck habitats. I raise bees as well, as there are tremendous shortages of bees. All of the waterways on my land have very wide grass buffer areas to limit run off into the water.

What have you done?

You forgot to mention the democrat push to end domestic manufacturing under the guise of being "green and clean", when in reality its been going overseas where it's made with electricity produced by coal with little to no regard to the environment in all aspects, and then shipped back to the USA in a container ship burning high-sulfur fuel oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies