U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:30 AM

15,387 posts, read 13,477,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wow, you abortion advocates have some pretty weak arguments today.
We don't advocate abortion. Only the pregnant woman wanting an abortion does that for her own personal set of circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
At least the article encourages the teens to talk to their parents first, although I think they should do that regardless of the law. But I think it's better to make the proper information available. If the teen absolutely must have an abortion, they should at least get it done right so they don't endanger their life in the process. No coathangers in back alleys please.
Likely there won't be coat hangers. If not done too late in the pregnancy, use of drugs for self managed abortions will be done. Of course, people who want all abortion banned will try to ban sales and possession of such drugs. But it may remain easy to order the drugs from the Internet.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:36 AM

52,356 posts, read 42,125,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wow. Just wow.

Teen Vogue Snapchat Discover Story Instructs Teenagers On How To Get Abortions

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/12/t...hat-abortions/

Teen Vogue posted a Snapchat story Saturday that instructs teenagers on how to obtain abortions, including how to navigate parental consent....
OK, so cancel your subscriptions?

I'm assuming that if you went to google and typed "how do I get an abortion in XX" that it would steer me in the direction.

If you don't like publications or businesses of whatever type of promoting this then vote with your wallet.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Then the teen doesn't have to keep the child or raise the child. There is always adoption. What is disgusting are the continued excuses given to try to justify the taking of innocent, defenseless life.
So, why don't you go declare war on sexual intercourse?

Old 08-14-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
In the fight between saving innocent life vs. snuffing it out, I'll always stand with innocent life. Its clear that you don't.
If you're a male, that is very easy to always say. I suppose you would advocate a woman who was advised by her doctor to never get pregnant again to go again and try to keep the unintentional pregnancy, in case the doctor was wrong. Fortunately, complications are low when using such drugs.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:01 AM

14,259 posts, read 6,511,326 times
Quote:
In the fight between saving innocent life vs. snuffing it out, I'll always stand with innocent life. Its clear that you don't.
Correct, I will always stand by saving a girl from destroying her life & losing HER innocence by not forcing her to give birth to a baby just because some fanatics care more about a clump of indistinguishable cells than an actual human being. And let’s be honest, those fanatics care nothing about the birthed child. Zero. Zip. Zilch. End of story.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 13 days ago)

12,454 posts, read 6,498,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But not complaining about women getting pregnant to get on government welfare is hard. But some poor women actually get unintentionally pregnant and don't want to do that.
I get that. But, balancing the equities and hardships, I still will always fight for the right to life for the innocent and defenseless.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Correct, I will always stand by saving a girl from destroying her life & losing HER innocence by not forcing her to give birth to a baby just because some fanatics care more about a clump of indistinguishable cells than an actual human being. And letís be honest, those fanatics care nothing about the birthed child. Zero. Zip. Zilch. End of story.
All while destroying innocent, defenseless life in the process.

And at least we'll fight to give the birthed child a chance. You don't even support letting it be born if it interferes with the "choice" of the mother. And let's get real: you've already lost your innocence if you've willingly had sex. Still, what the innocence of the unborn child?

Old 08-14-2019, 11:56 AM

14,259 posts, read 6,511,326 times
Quote:
All while destroying innocent, defenseless life in the process.

And at least we'll fight to give the birthed child a chance. You don't even support letting it be born if it interferes with the "choice" of the mother. And let's get real: you've already lost your innocence if you've willingly had sex. Still, what the innocence of the unborn child?
And you continue to only care about the fetus, not the whole birthed child.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you're a male, that is very easy to always say. I suppose you would advocate a woman who was advised by her doctor to never get pregnant again to go again and try to keep the unintentional pregnancy, in case the doctor was wrong. Fortunately, complications are low when using such drugs.
I don't think it has anything to do with being male or female; of course, I note that many women also feel the same way. Your being a man does not make your argument for supporting the innocent and defenseless any less legitimate.

But in the case where the life of the mother is in danger, I can support an abortion as I do not believe that you should have to give your own life to save another. But that's not why most women decide to have abortions. Not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or