U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:16 PM
 
7,075 posts, read 1,515,720 times
Reputation: 17510

Advertisements

I don't like abortions. In fact, I don't know anyone who actually likes them.

However, I would much rather have my daughter in an abortion clinic run by qualified medical personnel than to have her lying dead in a morgue or funeral home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,373 posts, read 12,004,707 times
Reputation: 32546
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Then the teen doesn't have to keep the child or raise the child. There is always adoption. What is disgusting are the continued excuses given to try to justify the taking of innocent, defenseless life.
What's disgusting is that your world view allows no recognition of the fact that others do not share your opinion. And that's all you've got, your opinion. No facts. And some people think having an abortion is a permissible choice and not the "taking of innocent, defenseless life." Your belief doesn't make it so.

You have zero control over what any woman or teen choose to do with her body. That is HER opinion and her choice and you don't get to mandate anything.

And no, carrying a child to term, delivering it and making an adoption placement is not a reasonable alternative to abortion for a woman who doesn't want to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:44 PM
 
2,843 posts, read 4,544,044 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It is completely disgusting. Teen Vogue has no damn shame. I don't care if abortion is legal. If the goal is to reduce abortions (as leftists used to claim), we shouldn't be advertising how to engage in such a tragic process. That's my view. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right or worthy of attention. Prostitution is legal in most of Nevada, but I damn sure don't support ads telling young women how to become a ***** for hire.
Teen Vogue has only become worse over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Whatís disgusting is forcing a teenager to have some child they donít even want.
If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. It's seriously that easy.


There are a couple of reasons teen pregnancy is down. More are choosing to not be sexually active. Another reason too is because parents are being more proactive is taking their daughters to the Dr and getting them put on birth control to help avoid it or purchasing condoms for their kids too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Seattle
1,177 posts, read 253,590 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Likely there won't be coat hangers. If not done too late in the pregnancy, use of drugs for self managed abortions will be done. Of course, people who want all abortion banned will try to ban sales and possession of such drugs. But it may remain easy to order the drugs from the Internet.
Yes, banning abortions may also drive in-home options like video consultation with overseas Doctors. Perhaps even medical telerobotics rentals for late-term abortions? There's a lot of options available now that weren't prior to Roe v. Wade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:20 AM
 
14,262 posts, read 6,511,326 times
Reputation: 14678
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Teen Vogue has only become worse over time.



If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. It's seriously that easy.


There are a couple of reasons teen pregnancy is down. More are choosing to not be sexually active. Another reason too is because parents are being more proactive is taking their daughters to the Dr and getting them put on birth control to help avoid it or purchasing condoms for their kids too.
If you have sex & unfortunately get pregnant when you didnít want to, get an abortion. It really is that easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:22 AM
 
4,986 posts, read 1,397,120 times
Reputation: 2929
Ok. So?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:26 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,362 posts, read 4,259,392 times
Reputation: 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
What's your point? Are you suggesting teenagers should become single mothers, which of course Republicans whine about endlessly because they end up on welfare.
Yeah its a darned if you do and darned if you don't think with Republicans. Single teen mothers are shamed by conservatives but so are teens who seek abortions. At the end of the day, the problem was sex out of wedlock according to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Status: "This is the best of all possible plutocracies." (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Old Hippie Heaven
18,616 posts, read 8,391,527 times
Reputation: 10883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Teen Vogue has only become worse over time.



If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. It's seriously that easy.


There are a couple of reasons teen pregnancy is down. More are choosing to not be sexually active. Another reason too is because parents are being more proactive is taking their daughters to the Dr and getting them put on birth control to help avoid it or purchasing condoms for their kids too.
Also, don't get raped. It's seriously that easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:58 AM
 
2,843 posts, read 4,544,044 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If you have sex & unfortunately get pregnant when you didn’t want to, get an abortion. It really is that easy.
It is a consequence of your actions. Please. Then again...I am a woman and understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Also, don't get raped. It's seriously that easy.
Give it a break there is a difference. Then again....I know people who have been raped and actually kept their kids. To this day they will say that child is the best thing that ever happened to them.

For the record, I am thankful I have the relationship with my daughter to know what she does not need to go to some other source for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 03:15 AM
 
12,399 posts, read 3,355,588 times
Reputation: 4172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
It is a consequence of your actions. Please. Then again...I am a woman and understand this.



Give it a break there is a difference. Then again....I know people who have been raped and actually kept their kids. To this day they will say that child is the best thing that ever happened to them.

For the record, I am thankful I have the relationship with my daughter to know what she does not need to go to some other source for help.
So is that first poster you were replying to above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top