Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 02:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Teen Vogue has only become worse over time.

If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. It's seriously that easy.

There are a couple of reasons teen pregnancy is down. More are choosing to not be sexually active. Another reason too is because parents are being more proactive is taking their daughters to the Dr and getting them put on birth control to help avoid it or purchasing condoms for their kids too.

What would you say to a woman who got pregnant as a result of being raped ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 02:56 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Don't have sex if you don't want a baby. It's a consequence of that action. In your mind set there is also adoption.[/quote]

Don't have sex if you don't want a baby? Babies are a "consequence" of that action? YOU don't get to tell other people what to do. None of YOUR business whether people have sex in order to procreate or just because they feel like making love. As for a child being a "consequence", surely you didn't mean it that way. Giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:54 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Now you are trolling.
I’m trolling because you don’t like my post? Too bad. It’s a fact that you can get an abortion if you don’t want to be pregnant. I don’t know why you don’t understand that.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
I think that in 9th grade all girls should get a 5 yr implantable birth control. Problem solved.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:23 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

What would you say to a woman who got pregnant as a result of being raped ?
To follow their heart. Only they know what is right for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I’m trolling because you don’t like my post? Too bad. It’s a fact that you can get an abortion if you don’t want to be pregnant. I don’t know why you don’t understand that.
Naw...you're trolling me. I know differences...I'm just able to accept that there is a difference more than you.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:25 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am not pro abortion but I understand why - there’s no freaking support for these gals when they do get pregnant!!! I seen them hauled off in front of churches - to repent, sent off to relatives, shunned by families. I’ve seen in more than one occasion church moms taking them to the clinic themselves. Then there the ugly dad who says you are a loose gal and the kid ain’t his -then his parents who thinks you scarred their boy for life, your school peers who mock you if they let you finish at all. All BS! I hate they have to abort at all - those ladies have a piece of their hearts cut out, wether they admit it or not. Give them options, and let it be.
Um, this isn't 1950.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:01 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you’re ok with your taxes paying for them. That’s fine but I wish others would stop complaining about their money taking care of others.
What are taxes for ? Please do tell

Old 08-18-2019, 10:07 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Personally I do not buy the folks who say if you do not want to have a baby do not have sex. I have known a few friends of this mind who had abortions when they were young. Now when its convenient they have a come to Jesus moment and want others not to have their escape route. Ridiculous,

Old 08-18-2019, 10:09 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Um, this isn't 1950.
Saw that church shaming 3 yrs ago - even though schools now have places for teen moms in the cities not sure it’s the same all over. Some areas have alternate schools. The others parts of shaming the girl by the darling boy and his parents is still very true. May not be 1950- but sure need to tell some of those southern states that ! Many trying to hold women back big time.
Look at the facts— For instance, girl gets raped, rapists now wants to see child on weekends True or not ?? I’m not for abortion but if that were the case -I might !

Old 08-19-2019, 01:26 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Births to teen mothers has been at its lowest point since the 40’s.

Some of this is likely attributed to abortion no diff than birth control.

Reportedly, about 50 million abortions have been performed since Roe v Wade.
50 million were not born for a variety of reasons including the inability to financially and emotionally provide for the child. Most abortions occur during the first 12 weeks.

It takes a male and female to engage in unprotected sex to create a baby. Both share equal responsibility for birth control, lack thereof.
Of those 50+ million, is it safe to say that a majority of them likely came from consensual sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies