Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 08:41 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yawn.....stretch..........

I'm sure DOJ is highly qualified to deconstruct AI code. Only 6% of Scientists ID as Republican and I doubt that the top people are immoral enough to work for the current Admin.

Remember, you are talking about the guy who asked Zuck "How do you make money?" and who accused him of making the iPhone he held in his hand.

I think those cave dwellers are a LONG way from understanding multiplication let alone AI.
Wrong as usual.

DOJ is comprised of groups like the FBI, who as we all remember based on the previous hoopla are "non-partisan" they work for the country, are career folks, and don't work for the admin.

Additionally, the "guy" who asked the stupid questions was a Senator, not the DOJ.

Simple facts, you should know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 08:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I thought businesses were free to help whomever they pleased. Private business and private property and all that.
Ask, Standard Oil.
Ask, Microsoft.

You don't get to buy my stuff, if your political thinking is not what I want it to be.
There comes a time, where discrimination becomes a problem.
This is America, not Nazi Germany.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:50 AM

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ask, Standard Oil.
Ask, Microsoft.
Ask Jeeves.

Get used to it.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:50 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ask, Standard Oil.
Ask, Microsoft.

You don't get to buy my stuff, if your political thinking is not what I want it to be.
There comes a time, where discrimination becomes a problem.
This is America, not Nazi Germany.
My emphasis is on the fact that many complaining are perfectly okay with companies that help the GOP because "freedom"... blah blah.

Im am actually strongly anti monopoly/ oligopoly, regardless of who they help. My reasoning has more to do with wealth/ income inequality as I believe that would do more to reduce the concentration of wealth than huge tax rates.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
My emphasis is on the fact that many complaining are perfectly okay with companies that help the GOP because "freedom"... blah blah.

Im am actually strongly anti monopoly/ oligopoly, regardless of who they help. My reasoning has more to do with wealth/ income inequality as I believe that would do more to reduce the concentration of wealth than huge tax rates.
Using a Product that has become part of everyday life in the USA as a toy, to take away political power, if you don't eat your peas.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:02 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
A much better example of the hypocrisy of the democrats is that they claimed that the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians, which wasn't true. It was the Clinton campaign, and the DNC that working with the Russians to meddle in our election.
So far, all of the significant, PROVEN instances of domenstic campaign fraud are almost exclusively committed by R's. I live in NC, we know first hand. Georgia can probably back me up here too.

As typical with most things from the Trump base. Look at what they project on others, and you'll almost find what is in their mind, and their playbook.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:02 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
This all shows again just how phony the Russian collusion narrative is. They say that Google has the ability to manipulate over 2.4 million votes on the low end. Over 10 million votes on the high end. We are being played!!

Old 08-14-2019, 09:04 AM

732 posts, read 390,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
They only use that argument for wedding cakes, doesn’t seem to apply to Google.
I honestly think that people don't appreciate the threat that Google, Facebook, and the internet infrastructure near-monopolies present.

Perhaps we just deserve the world we'll end up with.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:05 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Election meddling and collusion? For real this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
I honestly think that people don't appreciate the threat that Google, Facebook, and the internet infrastructure near-monopolies present.
Oh, I do. Not a day goes by that I do not wish we were back to pre-internet, pre-smartphonophilia days. Hell, I'd even go back to snail mail days.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:18 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yawn.....stretch..........

I'm sure DOJ is highly qualified to deconstruct AI code. Only 6% of Scientists ID as Republican and I doubt that the top people are immoral enough to work for the current Admin.

Remember, you are talking about the guy who asked Zuck "How do you make money?" and who accused him of making the iPhone he held in his hand.

I think those cave dwellers are a LONG way from understanding multiplication let alone AI.
There you go again, demeaning an entire group of people based on their political affiliation. Yet I suspect you would object to someone being prejudiced and demeaning an entire group of people based on their race, correct?
I might have issues with the current Democratic party because they have radically changed just in the last decade, but I do not assume all are idiots incapable of intelligent thought.
Nor do I use one example of a politician asking stupid questions, and imply all politicians from that party are as dumb.
For example how would you like it if everyone judged Democrats or black people based on this Rhodes scholar;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q

As to this Google issue, I am sure you would be totally fine with it if it was purposely favoring the Republican party, right?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies