U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

27,076 posts, read 11,369,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No it wouldn't. Most don't live anywhere near such rural jobs.
Crime would go up dramatically though - and so would your costs for police, military etc - and the quality of your life would go down with you essentially having to fortify your home and stay indoors. Think it would be fun to live in Mogadishu?

There's a REASON all civilized countries have some type of welfare - it provides social stability for the nation. Heck even the Romans were smart enough to realize that.
Or do you the think the Romans provided "bread and circuses" out of the goodness of their hearts?
America has had some type of government-sponsored welfare since it's inception. What the government "gave away" has varied, but the government has ALWAYS given away "free stuff" - ALWAYS.

Ken
To compare the almost NON EXISTENT welfare from back in the day to now is absurd and shows like of knowledge.

And it always causes people to not work ALWAYS.

We saw the black UE go higher than whites when Hoover and FDR instituted their welfare.

Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM

1,447 posts, read 323,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Democrat?

The owners and hiring managers had choices.

Louisiana has not been shy about their intent for the federal government to create special visas for unlimited number of foreign workers and exempt from wage/ hours laws, Payroll Taxes, transport, housing etc. They claim US workers will not do these jobs.

Most states have chosen not to make eVerify of all employees a state law. Those states that have, created known loopholes for employers- the law does not apply to independent contractors and all employed before the law were exempt. More importantly, most of these states have no budget or intention to enforce the state law.

Employment of undocumented people is bipartisan.
You missed the point. Leftists are often talking about illegals doing the jobs Americans won't do. Well, seems that's not the case as Americans are lining up to apply for those jobs in the meat packing plants. That's the lie that was debunked.

So yes, Democrat.

I hope this keeps happening over and over across the nation.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

12,922 posts, read 4,370,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This Trump fellow might be on to something.

Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM

10,065 posts, read 4,716,308 times
All I can tell you is my daughter's experience in a poultry plant. The plant was advertising on all local media for help. They hired 23 local Americans with proof of citizenship, they all happened to be white. The plant paid the highest wages in the area and had great benefits. She stayed 4 years, The rest all quit within two weeks. Some of the Hispanics she worked with had been there 10 years or more. Don't know if other plants have that problem.

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

37,551 posts, read 16,624,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
All I can tell you is my daughter's experience in a poultry plant. The plant was advertising on all local media for help. They hired 23 local Americans with proof of citizenship, they all happened to be white. The plant paid the highest wages in the area and had great benefits. She stayed 4 years, The rest all quit within two weeks. Some of the Hispanics she worked with had been there 10 years or more. Don't know if other plants have that problem.
Those Hispanics were probably illegal aliens. If a company can't find good reliable American workers regardless of their race then they should petition the government for visas for foreign workers. Hiring illegal aliens is unacceptable.

Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those Hispanics were probably illegal aliens. If a company can't find good reliable American workers regardless of their race then they should petition the government for visas for foreign workers. Hiring illegal aliens is unacceptable.
Trump has vowed to cut those visas.

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Trump has vowed to cut those visas.
Then the employers are not able to prove that they can't find enough American workers to hire for a fair wage. Still, hiring illegal aliens is unacceptable and against the law and that's the bottom line. Nothing else matters.

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then the employers are not able to prove that they can't find enough American workers to hire for a fair wage. Still, hiring illegal aliens is unacceptable and against the law and that's the bottom line. Nothing else matters.
Even if the company closes?

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yes! If they can't stay afloat without violating our immigration and labor laws then they have no business existing.

Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM

11,238 posts, read 10,304,966 times
Quote:
I own a brokerage firm, but I am pretty bad at picking stocks. But I do make a lot of money with insider trading. The SEC claims that it illegal, but if I don't do it, I will have to close.

Should I continue with my insider trading?

Even if it means my company closes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or