U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

31,767 posts, read 19,822,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No need for a line with this few people. Your thread is debunked!

Quote:
About 25 to 30 people showed up to apply for jobs at Koch Foods' nearby poultry processing plant. Of those, about an equal number were black, white or Latino.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/1990473001/

Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 15 days ago)

12,485 posts, read 6,507,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No need for a line with this few people. Your thread is debunked!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/1990473001/
I see you didn't read very far into the thread. Over 200 people applied for jobs at the jobs fair. As I've explained in many posts in this thread, the 25-30 figures were from a journalist estimating attendees at a particular point of time. Actual results, confirmed by State officials, put the figures at over 200 applicants for the chicken plant. And this was only from one jobs fair and doesn't even get into the in person applications at the plant or applications submitted online!

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...rs/2010080001/

Now that we have that out of the way, are you going to start rooting for the success of the American worker and stop cheering on illegals taking away our jobs?

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

37,551 posts, read 16,624,814 times
Quote:
I see you didn't read very far into the thread. Over 200 people applied for jobs at the jobs fair. As I've explained in many posts in this thread, the 25-30 figures were from a journalist estimating attendees at a particular point of time. Actual results, confirmed by State officials, put the figures at over 200 applicants for the chicken plant. And this was only from one jobs fair and doesn't even get into the in person applications at the plant or applications submitted online!

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...rs/2010080001/

Now that we have that out of the way, are you going to start rooting for the success of the American worker and stop cheering on illegals taking away our jobs?
Don't hold your breath. These liberal lefties have already shown where their loyalties lay and it's not with the American worker.

Old Today, 08:23 PM

9,041 posts, read 4,508,481 times
Quote:
"About 25 to 30 people showed up to apply for jobs at Koch Foods' nearby poultry processing plant.
<snip>
"This is what you'd normally see here," said Dianne Bell, communications director for the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, of the job fair held between 9 and 11 a.m."

More openings, than people, it seems. So what were you trying to debunk?

Old Today, 08:40 PM

37,551 posts, read 16,624,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Hmmmm. Pew seems to say that 24% work in AG.

Oops. forgot link: https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic...th-more-women/
You aren't comprehending what those stats mean from the Pew link.

"Unauthorized immigrants are nearly a quarter of the workforce in farming, fishing and forestry occupations in 2016, which mainly consist of agriculture work".

That doesn't meant that 24% of all illegal aliens are working in the above industries.

Old Today, 08:53 PM

11,056 posts, read 2,866,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I wonder if the pay they are offering is the same amount they paid illegals.
If pay were the same, there would be no incentive to hire illegals!

When i worked an Adidas distribution warehouse near CVG, I found out the HR dept had 2 different types of workers there, legal and illegal, legal citizens made around $12 per hour, illegals were paid $8-9 and they had NO taxes taken out of their checks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or