U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 02:18 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,548,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
25 people showed up - not exactly much considering almost 700 were needed.
And when these 25 people heard they were only make $9 hr after they saw what they would actually be doing only 3 or 4 took the job. You know these Mexicans were not making min wage. These companies are not going to pay anybody just starting out $10.50 to $12 a hr the Mexicans were paid like $5 to $7 a hr.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM

14,269 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You think Mogadishu is somehow better?
Welcome to the REAL WORLD, where yeah, you DO have to support your poor whether you like it or not - or....

Well, just ask Marie Antoinette about the alternative.

Welfare - in whatever forms - provides social stability so that businesses can thrive and folks like YOURSELF can live a decent life free from a very real threat to their lives that would be a reality otherwise.
It's a price you pay for the opportunity to live in a place that's not dog eat dog 24/7.

If you expect to have that without paying a price then YOU are the "moocher".

Ken
Thank you for this. I donít know why so many people are so willfully stubborn & refuse to understand these concepts. Sit down, clear your head, THINK instead of just a typical knee jerk response or reaction.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:25 PM

46,817 posts, read 34,436,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
E Verify clearly is not the solution. And employers will hire the best they can, even if it means pretending to believe some pretty outrageous claims with regard to Social Security number and residency status. Their attitude is, "I need someone to work. This person will do it, and he had given me what I need to show the authorities. So he's hired".
Can you imagine the manufactured outrage if a legal resident was rejected because the employer suspected the person was illegal??!!

Just build The Wall.
No wall is high enough. No patrols deep enough so long as US businesses and households continue to employ undocumented people with no serious consequences.

There is no perfect solution. EVerify takes seconds to execute and is substantially accurate.
There is an appeal process for those who care to challenge the database, no diff than if an employerís background check produced a false positive.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:27 PM

3,088 posts, read 1,082,542 times
Quote:
Let's see - 600 openings and 25-30 people showed up for the job fare????
Doesn't sound "debunked" to me. Sounds like few Americans want those kinds of jobs.
Probably why the plant hired illegal aliens last time. It was probably either that, or not have enough workers to keep the plant open - in which case EVERYONE there (including AMERICANS) would lose their jobs.

Ken
LOL donít try to explain it to them. Letís see how many take those jobs @nd stay in them.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:32 PM

37,551 posts, read 16,624,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
And when these 25 people heard they were only make $9 hr after they saw what they would actually be doing only 3 or 4 took the job. You know these Mexicans were not making min wage. These companies are not going to pay anybody just starting out $10.50 to $12 a hr the Mexicans were paid like $5 to $7 a hr.
Then let them fold like the deseased company that they are.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:33 PM

19,220 posts, read 7,513,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Great to see!!

Old 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I have a neighbor (Hard Core Democrat Liberal) who gets one or two illegals who are milling around Home Depot parking lot, for work every three or so months per year to do between 4 and 6 hours of labor on his property. For that amount of time and work, he would give them each a $20 and a burrito for lunch. Now he's complaining because he can't find any that will work for that little. Apparently, the current administration has impacted his steady flow of cheap illegal day laborers. He's also the same scrub that cries and complains about how inhumane and stupid the border wall plan is.

Means: The border wall will prevent him from getting his 4 to 6 hours of labor on his property for a $20 and a burrito.
There are reportedly 11 million undocumented people living in the US, right now. The going rate at my local HD parking lot is about $10/ hr. I know plenty of people Republican and Democrat that rely on this one off form of occasional labor.

Come winter, the guys with plows pick them up for the back breaking hand shoveling work.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 PM

2,560 posts, read 3,463,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While it upsets me, you still have to prove intent to charge employers under the law, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. But if this investigation shows wilful lawlessness by the employer, then heads need to roll.
Ignorance of the law can't be a defense...they didn't use E-Verify...they should be prosecuted...They knew they were employing illegal immigrants.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your friend sounds just like these places that hire illegals & I donít see you complaining about the places hiring the illegals, just about the illegals. Why is that?
No shortage of people, including Trump, talk about how illegals steal our jobs.

Donít hear much about those who hire undocumented people.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:38 PM

24,652 posts, read 12,157,190 times
Quote:
You think Mogadishu is somehow better?
Welcome to the REAL WORLD, where yeah, you DO have to support your poor whether you like it or not - or....

Well, just ask Marie Antoinette about the alternative.

Welfare - in whatever forms - provides social stability so that businesses can thrive and folks like YOURSELF can live a decent life free from a very real threat to their lives that would be a reality otherwise.
It's a price you pay for the opportunity to live in a place that's not dog eat dog 24/7.

If you expect to have that without paying a price then YOU are the "moocher".

Ken
I donít want to pay for other peopleís stuff. Your social stability is nothing more than perpetual handouts to the perpetual takers who provide nothing in return.

Eliminate welfare in its entirety. Work or starve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or