U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:36 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 15 days ago)

3,654 posts, read 646,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I can see you're still living in the Dark Ages.

The unfunded liabilities for the Euro-States that you think are success stories is astronomical.

Some Euro-States like Italy owe 300% of GDP, which is unsustainable no matter how much they tax the snot out of people and businesses....
And nearly 1 in 5 Swedes voted for a far-right party just last year.
https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/0...-sundays-vote/

Largely due to immigration, and the need to pay for generous benefits for them, including 'free' health care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:16 PM

1,345 posts, read 270,990 times
What if you don't work..do you get medicare for all for free ?

Old Today, 06:18 PM

21,217 posts, read 14,042,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
When I was eligible for Medicare, the problem I had was finding a doctor who would accept it. I called seven different physician offices before someone finally was kind enough to refer me to a clinic who takes Medicare.

So, what guarantee would there be that there would be enough physicians who would accept all the extra Medicare patients?

(I live in a fairly affluent section of metro Denver, btw.)
Usually issues are with finding physicians who will accept Medicaid. Medicare OTOH has sightly better reimbursement rates, and often that means an easier time finding someone.

Then again every local healthcare market is different. Physicians normally like to see a healthy mixture of privately insured patients, and those on Medicare. The former help even out (if not out right subsidize) the latter. Many doctors also have a limit on how many Medicare patients they will take on to keep losses (as it were) down.

Now Medicaid is another matter, hardly anyone wants to take that insurance, reimbursement rates are just so low.

Old Today, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
What if you don't work..do you get medicare for all for free ?
Well if indigent you'd likely get same as now; Medicaid.

Old Today, 06:29 PM

German universal healthcare:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-38899811

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ermany/360133/

Per capita healthcare spending of largest industrialized nations:

https://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/0...alth-care-oecd

Old Today, 06:37 PM

9,062 posts, read 2,575,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Private insurance companies don't want to change the status quo. Republicans are there to make sure it doesn't change.
What can be said about this revisionist history?I am laughing hard as I type. The Unaffordable care act was the Insurance industry's dream come true. Imagine legislation that forces people to buy their product... No need to imagine it, it really happened. What did the industry do? They promptly raised their rates. ( To be expected). The democrats had the opportunity to give us single payer, or Universal, or Medicare for all. The democrats instead gave us the worst impacted colon ever, and now they want to say it wasn't their fault.

I agree the GOP is against common sense health care, but you don't get to blame the current ACA mess on them when not one Republican supported or voted for it.

The biggest problem is Americans. We are terrified of getting the worst socialized health care system. It isn't surprising when you have someone like Bernie trying to re-invent the wheel. We don't need to invent anything. Re-apply the Australian system, or the Norwegian system pick a highly functional system and reapply.

The Insurance industry is spending a lot of money on negative propaganda against any form of single payer system. They know if it was ever passed they would be screwed.

Americans you pay so much for your health care insurance.. When I retired it would have cost me close to 10 grand for my wife and I. With that came $1500 deductibles and $25 co-pays. Insanity....

Old Today, 06:41 PM

1,345 posts, read 270,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Well if indigent you'd likely get same as now; Medicaid.
Well you also have retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or