U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:33 PM

4,854 posts, read 1,275,751 times

Advertisements

Not me. Much longer than ten years ago. More like 30+ years ago buying my own. Using them for much longer than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:34 PM

714 posts, read 607,907 times
I was about to say, me! And then remembered I bought my Marlin 336 14 years ago.

Old Today, 04:06 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 10 days ago)

12,234 posts, read 6,453,936 times
I have not bought mine, but am looking to do so in the next month or so. VA wouldn't let me purchase a handgun until I got a VA ID that was valid for at least 30 days, so that's all I'm waiting for now.

Old Today, 04:08 PM

13,813 posts, read 6,564,181 times
I bought zero.

Old Today, 05:45 PM

5,724 posts, read 4,929,205 times
Some people are taught to be afraid of something and it takes an awful lot of perseverance to over come it .
My daughter in law was tough fear of guns and to this day will not shoot.
My own son and daughter are excellent marksmen ,having started them off with air guns then slowly graduating to fire arms. my late wife was pretty good too .
Though I could train others my own vision issues were not kind.
I don't encourage every one to shoot ,but people with an aptitude for the skill and a healthy mentality I will coach if they ask.
The reason I start off with air guns is to weigh their mentality to safety and their reasoning for the interest . Anger or self loathing issues I avoid/discourage .
Target shooting requires a great deal of discipline and skills not acquired by watching you tube .
Olympic level air guns are very low power 200 feet per second just enough to punch holes in paper.
People that get into air guns can get a bit carried away for the fun involved . and the best thing is you can shoot at home with out bothering any one. "normally ".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or