U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

15,992 posts, read 4,220,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, that kind of money transfers can easily be traced. Care to try again.
And most of it is. Ah, surely you know there is ONE exception to all the money transfer (international) reporting laws? Wait for it.....

REAL ESTATE......

Again, when Eric Trump ADMITS most of his money comes from the Russians, you look a bit silly saying it does not.....

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...yer-make-money

"“I think what I’ll do is I will demand that he puts up the American flag,” Trump replied. “And the Russian flag can fly right under it.”

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...210477439.html

"Buyers connected to Russia or former Soviet republics made 86 all-cash sales — totaling nearly $109 million — at 10 Trump-branded properties in South Florida and New York City, according to a new analysis shared with McClatchy. Many of them made purchases using shell companies designed to obscure their identities.

“The size and scope of these cash purchases are deeply troubling as they can often signal money laundering activity,"

Waldo, you are correct.....plenty of records exist! But since I travel often to "Little Moscow" there in S. Florida I can see for myself.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0a3_story.html

"In addition to the towers of “Little Moscow,” Russian investors have been a valuable source of capital for Trump buildings in nearby Hollywood, Fla., and in a large complex in Panama City, Panama."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

4,649 posts, read 2,814,580 times
Worse thing the Party of Trump (Republican party is dead) has done is ensure our election machines are as easily as hack-able as possible

MITCH MCCONNELL RECEIVED DONATIONS FROM VOTING MACHINE LOBBYISTS BEFORE BLOCKING ELECTION SECURITY BILLS

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

17,905 posts, read 11,354,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’ve asked this question several times in various posts and have not had one reply explaining how Russia “colluding” in our election to have Trump elected has benefited them in any way.

I'll give you two possible reasons:

1) Trump was considered by Russia to be the lesser of two evils. They knew Hillary would not go easy on them, or accept their lies and games. Trump, on the other hand, as he has proven, doesn't do a damn thing about their involvement in our elections or other meddling they are still doing.

2) Russia has some dirt on Trump, knew he was inept, and would be putty in their hands. Again, they have been proven to be right on both scores.

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

22,615 posts, read 9,622,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’ve asked this question several times in various posts and have not had one reply explaining how Russia “colluding” in our election to have Trump elected has benefited them in any way.
He gets an easily influenced and malleable person who is enamored of autocrats and dictators (of which Putin is one). He gets someone who believes him over the US intelligence community. He gets someone who will not hassle him about murdering journalists or the opposition, or fair elections, or religious discrimination, or discrimination against the gay community or human rights. He gets someone who isn't going to stop him from interfering in the US and European elections. He gets someone who thinks like him.

He gets good value for his money.

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

7,172 posts, read 5,033,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It doesn't. 70% of Russia's export income is energy-related. Trump's 'drill baby drill' approach, which he promised in his campaign, hurts Russia.
Drilling PERMITS are up under Trump. Thank you Obama (again):
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1RO18A

And the oil boom was started long before Trump. Don't give Obama or Trump credit. Quit thinking like a damn communist in republican clothing and realize that AMERICAN ENGINIUTY is why we are kicking ass on the oil field. No other reason. Obama didn't create that, but unlike your fake narritive, he didn't hamper it either. Trump has done exactly nothing, other than remove needed environmental scrutiny from the process. I am (mostly) Pro-oil, however I realize that the threat of backlash for environmental wrecklessness is simply part of a free market economy that finds its balance between drilling enough, and protecting our environment.

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

10,157 posts, read 6,956,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That article doesn't give any proof. It's an opinion from the now discredited and biased Newsweek. The same rag that ALSO printed 120,000 copies declaring Hillary the winner of the election.

What you are really saying here is that you are easily influenced by the lying USA MSM, not Putin. Now that I can believe. Time to un-indenture yourself.

Here is the thing. I really don't give a slit! All I said is that is what I heard....I did not say that I put any faith in it.

Look. Ask yourself this. What do you actually KNOW? When I say KNOW....I don't mean what you read or heard....but what you have seen as true with your own eyes? In regards to most things.....we don't know and cannot know. What becomes our opinion or beliefs is based upon something some other entity tells us. We don't KNOW slit!!! We TRUST certain sources and the sources we TRUST to tell us what we think is based upon their history of telling us things that we like to hear. Thus, the entity or source that makes us feel the best, by telling us what we want to hear, is the source we trust.

I know you think who we trust is based upon accurate reporting.....buts its not. We all have selection bias. We ignore the inaccuracies of our trusted sources and overlook it because they tell us what we want to hear. Its not like your trusted source or mine has never reported something incorrectly. We don't pay attention to it when our source does it or when it does come to light we just chalk it up as not expecting them to get it 100% right all the time.

I don't know why Russia would want Trump as President and I am pretty sure you don't either. None of us really knows Slit....we are just rooting for our side. Cheerleaders....at best....stooges at worst.....ignorant from end to end.

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,984,481 times
What we all seen with our own eyes was the president of the United States get on a stage in front of the world and say that Putin told him he didn't interfere in our election and he doesn't see why he would.
This statement went against everything our intelligence agency's told the president thus making us look weaker to the world that our president doesn't put much value to what his own top officials tell him. That told the Russians to go full steam ahead with creating chaos in our country.
That makes us unsafe. They are causing instability in our country by dividing us even more than we do ourselves.

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

10,157 posts, read 6,956,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
What we all seen with our own eyes was the president of the United States get on a stage in front of the world and say that Putin told him he didn't interfere in our election and he doesn't see why he would.
This statement went against everything our intelligence agency's told the president thus making us look weaker to the world that our president doesn't put much value to what his own top officials tell him. That told the Russians to go full steam ahead with creating chaos in our country.
That makes us unsafe. They are causing instability in our country by dividing us even more than we do ourselves.

Yeah...but who is to say who is correct....the intelligence group or Trump? Both have histories of lying. I really don't trust either one. It's who you want to trust and why. Me....I really don't give a slit to try to figure out who I should trust to tell me what is going on.

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

4,161 posts, read 6,453,906 times
Russia and Brazil are among the countries benefiting most from Trump's tariffs. Russia cannot meet the demands of the Chinese but they now have planned expansion to greatly increase Russian output. Trump also pushed the Chinese to the point that coming back to American farm products has a slim to nil chance.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/trumps-trad...ia-great-again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkEl7J_qqo

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

46,190 posts, read 18,291,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Can anyone explain how Trump being president benefits Russia/Putin?

Putin managed to put a 'chaos' person in the oval office, an international pariah and embarrassment ... one who has a particular financial incentive to promote pro-Russian policies:
  • Trump immediately tried to lift sanctions on Russia, and was only prevented from doing so because the REPUBLICAN congress stopped him in his tracks. Trump refused to implement other sanctions imposed by congress. That in itself is a 'big win' for Putin.
  • Incidentally, if successful in lifting the sanctions , Trump would be able to repay the Russian mobsters whom have lent him money and are anxious to get it back per prior agreements.
  • Trump encourages the breakup of the EU, another potentially big win for Russia. NATO is also neutered insofar as opposing Russia's expansionist plans in Ukraine and the Baltic states, another big win.
  • On a smaller matter, Trump had the EPA allow asbestos in many new products and processes, Russia is the world's largest producer and potentially will be able to benefit from an enlarged export market.
If a country like that had invaded us and installed a puppet ruler we would all be incensed and the battle to resist could last a generation. They found a way to install a puppet without the use of paratroops and bombs, and Trump, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey are blocking efforts to strengthen protections, so Russia can potentially repeat this feat multiple times in the future.

The Russian meddling has paid big dividends and continues to pay off for them.

Trump created new sanctions on the Russians. Your post is incredibly not based on any fact out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or