U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:03 PM

11,590 posts, read 6,044,932 times

Advertisements

It's really quite simple. Hillary meddled in the Russian election against Putun. He despised her for that, and he knew that having her as POTUS would add more similar headaches, so he was for anyone but Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 11:10 PM

4,561 posts, read 871,779 times
Actually trump is McConnell s useful idiot.
Who knew?

Old 08-14-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Actually trump is McConnell s useful idiot.
Who knew?
ANYONE who has cast a vote for a D or R is a useful idiot. Politicians on both sides exploit voters because they know that most voters have an IQ around 70ish, unfortunately most politicians only have an IQ around 80ish, so it stil works out in their favor.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:21 PM

4,561 posts, read 871,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
ANYONE who has cast a vote for a D or R is a useful idiot. Politicians on both sides exploit voters because they know that most voters have an IQ around 70ish, unfortunately most politicians only have an IQ around 80ish, so it stil works out in their favor.
So, you re suggesting Americans stop voting lest they be seen as idiots?

Sorry...Republicans are the bad guys.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
So, you re suggesting Americans stop voting lest they be seen as idiots?

Sorry...Republicans are the bad guys.
Lol, no I'm suggesting that they stop voting for Dems AND Republicans. To broadly suggest that ONLY Republicans are bad guys shows your ignorance of the subject, sorry.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:41 PM

4,447 posts, read 5,634,085 times
As far as what Russia getting out of manipulation of the American government and elections: don't forget that they are in it as a long game. They were working on it probably years before Trump. Trump and McConnell are just giving them unexpected success. They probably just want to sew discord and erode democratic institutions so that the country becomes weaker politically, economically, and socially. Ultimately, that means military weakness. America has always stood for a set of moral standards having to do with community, welcoming the stranger, basic freedoms, pluralism, democracy, free enterprise, etc. We are fading fast on some of those. I wouldn't presume to know their ultimate goal. But I'm sure they are happy with their recent gains. It's all about influence, standing in the world, respect and power. On all counts, we are weaker and weaker.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:57 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,862,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’ve asked this question several times in various posts and have not had one reply explaining how Russia “colluding” in our election to have Trump elected has benefited them in any way.
Vladimir Putin is Russia's leader/dictator, and Putin is scared of Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton literally laughs about killing dictators she wants out of power, like she laughs about killing Libyan dictator Moammar Gaddafi.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...w_he_died.html

And in 2011 Vladimir Putin almost lost his hold on power, and Putin personally blames U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for creating opposition in Russia against him.
https://time.com/4422723/putin-russi...ton/#ob-player
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...n-putin-226153

If Clinton became president she would have continued to put pressure on Putin to take him out of power, and Putin knows Clinton is aggressive to the point of laughing when she kills dictators. And Vladimir Putin did not want Hillary Clinton to become president of the United States of America.

Last edited by chad3; 08-15-2019 at 12:17 AM..

Old 08-15-2019, 01:32 AM

7,187 posts, read 4,070,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’ve asked this question several times in various posts and have not had one reply explaining how Russia “colluding” in our election to have Trump elected has benefited them in any way.

I could only guess at his possible motives.
But when asked at the Press conference with Trump If he wanted Trump to win the election, he said yes.
Out of his own mouth!
If I remember correctly, he said he thought that he might ease sanctions and they would be open to a friendlier
relationship with Russia.
I have read a lot of articles though that states things she did as Secretary of State really ticked him off, and he really hates her.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:15 AM

18,666 posts, read 9,155,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I could only guess at his possible motives.
But when asked at the Press conference with Trump If he wanted Trump to win the election, he said yes.
Out of his own mouth!
If I remember correctly, he said he thought that he might ease sanctions and they would be open to a friendlier
relationship with Russia.
I have read a lot of articles though that states things she did as Secretary of State really ticked him off, and he really hates her.
Yet, just about every policy Trump has put in place is anti Russia, and anti Putin. Let's start with Energy, their number one source of revenue. Go figure.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:27 AM

7,187 posts, read 4,070,483 times
Most of the things done to Russia has been because of Congress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O1piTvGt_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8rCnyxYOtM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or