U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 02:37 AM

7,187 posts, read 4,070,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet, just about every policy Trump has put in place is anti Russia, and anti Putin. Let's start with Energy, their number one source of revenue. Go figure.

In Helsinki,Trump sided with Putin over the FBI and US intelligence Agencies about Russia meddling in the election.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44852812
There have been so many other times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPKxceHDkk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 02:40 AM

2,740 posts, read 1,986,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah...but who is to say who is correct....the intelligence group or Trump? Both have histories of lying. I really don't trust either one. It's who you want to trust and why. Me....I really don't give a slit to try to figure out who I should trust to tell me what is going on.
Then you won't mind at all when we are calling one another comrade.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:08 AM

37,704 posts, read 16,336,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Get the biggest idiot in office, watch him sabotage alliances, Russia gains more influence.

Look up: Foundation of Geopolitics
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foun...of_Geopolitics

Some people speculate that this strategy is being used.
"Get the biggest idiot in office"

"When the 1st thing you say is a juvenile insult, you have already LOST the discussion!"

Old 08-15-2019, 11:55 AM

19,697 posts, read 17,907,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Get the biggest idiot in office"

"When the 1st thing you say is a juvenile insult, you have already LOST the discussion!"
I guess that means Trump loses the discussion every day!

Trump desperately wants a Trump tower in Moscow and Putin knows this and Trump is willing to do anything
to get it. He has reduce and not implemented sanctions on Russia or minimized them when he had no choice. Remember his private meeting with Putin that no one knows what was talked about! I am sure Putin laid out what it would take for Trump to get his tower. Putin has played Trump for all his worth.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:43 PM

9,831 posts, read 2,415,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump created new sanctions on the Russians. Your post is incredibly not based on any fact out there.
Trump created no sanctions.

The congress did, with a veto proof bi-partisan majority.

Trump signed it and exclaimed he was not happy about it. He has yet to implement the terms, as far as I know. He didn't want it and he's slow walking it.

Get better sources before you accuse someone of fabrication. You are all wet and you have no credibility left.

Trump administration holds off on new Russia sanctions, despite law

Old 08-15-2019, 10:37 PM

3,176 posts, read 959,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Have you seen the state of NATO lately? That alone is solid ROI for Putin.
That and so many other things. My god, why are people so asleep about what Putin has been able to do to weaken the U.S.? I get the feeling a lot of people have not done much reading or observing of geo-politics. Putin is salivating about his ability to weaken the U.S. by dividing us.

Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

37,704 posts, read 16,336,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess that means Trump loses the discussion every day!

Trump desperately wants a Trump tower in Moscow and Putin knows this and Trump is willing to do anything
to get it. He has reduce and not implemented sanctions on Russia or minimized them when he had no choice. Remember his private meeting with Putin that no one knows what was talked about! I am sure Putin laid out what it would take for Trump to get his tower. Putin has played Trump for all his worth.
"I guess", is all you have.

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

34,584 posts, read 18,780,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Can anyone explain how Trump being president benefits Russia/Putin?

Putin managed to put a 'chaos' person in the oval office, an international pariah and embarrassment ... one who has a particular financial incentive to promote pro-Russian policies:
  • Trump immediately tried to lift sanctions on Russia, and was only prevented from doing so because the REPUBLICAN congress stopped him in his tracks. Trump refused to implement other sanctions imposed by congress. That in itself is a 'big win' for Putin.
  • Incidentally, if successful in lifting the sanctions , Trump would be able to repay the Russian mobsters whom have lent him money and are anxious to get it back per prior agreements.
  • Trump encourages the breakup of the EU, another potentially big win for Russia. NATO is also neutered insofar as opposing Russia's expansionist plans in Ukraine and the Baltic states, another big win.
  • On a smaller matter, Trump had the EPA allow asbestos in many new products and processes, Russia is the world's largest producer and potentially will be able to benefit from an enlarged export market.
If a country like that had invaded us and installed a puppet ruler we would all be incensed and the battle to resist could last a generation. They found a way to install a puppet without the use of paratroops and bombs, and Trump, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey are blocking efforts to strengthen protections, so Russia can potentially repeat this feat multiple times in the future.

The Russian meddling has paid big dividends and continues to pay off for them.

So, nothing.....

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

9,831 posts, read 2,415,939 times
Quote:
Can anyone explain how Trump being president benefits Russia/Putin?

Putin managed to put a 'chaos' person in the oval office, an international pariah and embarrassment ... one who has a particular financial incentive to promote pro-Russian policies:
  • Trump immediately tried to lift sanctions on Russia, and was only prevented from doing so because the REPUBLICAN congress stopped him in his tracks. Trump refused to implement other sanctions imposed by congress. That in itself is a 'big win' for Putin.
  • Incidentally, if successful in lifting the sanctions , Trump would be able to repay the Russian mobsters whom have lent him money and are anxious to get it back per prior agreements.
  • Trump encourages the breakup of the EU, another potentially big win for Russia. NATO is also neutered insofar as opposing Russia's expansionist plans in Ukraine and the Baltic states, another big win.
  • On a smaller matter, Trump had the EPA allow asbestos in many new products and processes, Russia is the world's largest producer and potentially will be able to benefit from an enlarged export market.
If a country like that had invaded us and installed a puppet ruler we would all be incensed and the battle to resist could last a generation. They found a way to install a puppet without the use of paratroops and bombs, and Trump, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey are blocking efforts to strengthen protections, so Russia can potentially repeat this feat multiple times in the future.

The Russian meddling has paid big dividends and continues to pay off for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, nothing.....
Thanks for reposting me, it bears repeating

Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

34,584 posts, read 18,780,290 times
Quote:
Thanks for reposting me, it bears repeating

No problem, as long as you don't mind me/us re-posting useless drivel....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or