U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 PM

19,092 posts, read 15,582,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
As far as I can tell, he's the most sensible voice in the entire Congress.
Yikes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM

12,101 posts, read 4,127,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer'sBreeze;55935242[B
][/b]Steve King - rape and incest may be necessary for human survival!
I think ISIS and Islam may be ahead of the game on this one.

Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

240 posts, read 23,233 times
Not necessary for human survival but everyone is the product of incest and rape if we go far enough down the family tree. It's a factually true statement he made, and I don't get the reaction. Are people no longer allowed to make factual statements?

Scientists believe we're all descended from one man, who lived 135,000 years ago somewhere in Africa -> https://www.livescience.com/38613-ge...uncovered.html

I believe some African male lineages have been later uncovered to not be descended from this man, but at least everyone out of Africa is believed to be descended from him.

Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM

240 posts, read 23,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think ISIS and Islam may be ahead of the game on this one.
Scientists have hypothesized (don't know how to prove it but it makes sense) that the reason males are more stronger than females in so many species is so the males can overpower the women during sex. Even male lions are stronger than female lions yet the female lions do most of the hunting.

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

1,619 posts, read 357,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer'sBreeze View Post
When trying to explain his reasoning for voting against exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he tried to pass in Congress, Rep. Steve King said: "What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" https://news.yahoo.com/u-rep-steve-k...173023969.html

Did he forget what Rep. Todd Akin said?

In a local news interview, on August 19, 2012, discussing abortion, Akin claimed that victims of what he described as "legitimate rape" very rarely become pregnant. Airing on St. Louis television station KTVI, his response to a question on rape exceptions for abortion was:

"Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_A..._and_pregnancy

Republicans, go take a remedial biology class. The rest of you, get to work on all that raping and incesting. The human race may depend on it!
Yet, Trump has been quiet about this congressman......but had the "squad" said something similar, the blowhard would have been tweeting up a storm, wouldn't he?

Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM

14,245 posts, read 6,504,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He said everyone has ancestors who are the product of rape or incest.

The fake news media said this, "GOP Rep. Steve King of Iowa questioned on Wednesday whether there would be any population left on Earth if not for rape and incest."

That's a lie. Totally different from what he said. Obviously.

What he said was that if everyone who had an ancestor who was the product of rape or incest were eliminated, there would be no people left. That doesn't imply that there wouldn't "be any population left on Earth if not for rape and incest", and you have to be really stupid or biased to think it does.
What he said is if you pull out all the people that were products of rape & incest, would there be any population left? So yes, he is advocating punishing the woman who gets pregnant from rape or incest. Disgusting piece of trash.

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,845,404 times
Steve King represents the Real Republican Party. Anyone who complains about him or the words he uses is either a liberal, or a RINO. All you libs and RINOs best step aside and make way for your new leadership.

Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

34,633 posts, read 41,813,536 times
Steve King and his bizarre rhetoric has convinced me that no matter how heinous the viewpoint republicans can find a way to rationalize it.

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

1,619 posts, read 357,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Steve King represents the Real Republican Party. Anyone who complains about him or the words he uses is either a liberal, or a RINO. All you libs and RINOs best step aside and make way for your new leadership.
he's been stripped of his subcommittee positions -- future?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/u...supremacy.html

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

48,817 posts, read 45,845,696 times
I know about Steve King. Steve King has been a bit more open about being associated with white supremacists and white nationalists. He's a morally reprehensible person. It doesn't surprise me that he would make such comments. What gets me is that there are people who would vote for that man. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_King
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or