U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

19,713 posts, read 12,414,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know about Steve King. Steve King has been a bit more open about being associated with white supremacists and white nationalists. He's a morally reprehensible person. It doesn't surprise me that he would make such comments. What gets me is that there are people who would vote for that man. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_King
You have never even met the guy!

The liberals have vilified King, just as they do everyone who is a threat to them.

I can tell you for sure is a hell of a lot better than the dem options the last several elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

48,817 posts, read 45,845,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

The liberals have vilified King, just as they do everyone who is a threat to them.

I can tell you for sure is a hell of a lot better than the dem options the last several elections.
I don't need to meet the guy. All I need to do is read about his association with white supremacists to know that he shouldn't be holding office. You haven't refuted what I've said. Explain how someone with ties to white supremacists would be better than Democrats.

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

1,619 posts, read 357,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Steve King and his bizarre rhetoric has convinced me that no matter how heinous the viewpoint republicans can find a way to rationalize it.
explains trump winning iowa ---they appear to be tolerant of supremacists/racists with off the wall beliefs

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

16,045 posts, read 4,235,579 times
The only correct thing he may be said was that people like he may very well be the result of kissing cousins.

Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

48,817 posts, read 45,845,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
explains trump winning iowa ---they appear to be tolerant of supremacists/racists with off the wall beliefs
It might seem that way, but this is more nuanced. In the Republican Primary, Ted Cruz, not Donald Trump, won Iowa. At the same time, Cruz won by the skin of his teeth. He got 27% of the Republican vote while Trump received 24%.

51.15% of the vote went to Trump. 41.74% went to Clinton.

Clinton won in the cities. She got Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Ames, Waterloo, and Davenport. Trump won the rest of Iowa, especially northwest Iowa, where Steve King comes from. The most populated county in Iowa to give Trump majority support is Woodbury County. Sioux City is located there. Woodbury County is in northwest Iowa.

Looks like the most ardent supporters of Trump are in Steve King's district.

Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM

10,102 posts, read 6,705,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It might seem that way, but this is more nuanced. In the Republican Primary, Ted Cruz, not Donald Trump, won Iowa. At the same time, Cruz won by the skin of his teeth. He got 27% of the Republican vote while Trump received 24%.

51.15% of the vote went to Trump. 41.74% went to Clinton.

Clinton won in the cities. She got Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Ames, Waterloo, and Davenport. Trump won the rest of Iowa, especially northwest Iowa, where Steve King comes from. The most populated county in Iowa to give Trump majority support is Woodbury County. Sioux City is located there. Woodbury County is in northwest Iowa.

Looks like the most ardent supporters of Trump are in Steve King's district.
Yes. Big divide between Western and Eastern Iowa, politically.

Interestingly, in 2018, 3 of 4 Congressional districts went to the Democrats. Steve King is now the lone GOPer of the Iowan Congressional delegation.

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

1,161 posts, read 246,613 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll give. Why is he better than J. D. Scholten?

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

10,102 posts, read 6,705,311 times
Quote:

Naw, King vilifies himself with his racist, xenophobic remarks over the years.

Well, fewer of his constituents feel that way in the last election, and he just squeaked by. He's not going to be an automatic shoo-in, and may be in the fight of his political life next year.

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM

16,044 posts, read 8,924,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer'sBreeze View Post
When trying to explain his reasoning for voting against exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he tried to pass in Congress, Rep. Steve King said: "What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" https://news.yahoo.com/u-rep-steve-k...173023969.html

Did he forget what Rep. Todd Akin said?

In a local news interview, on August 19, 2012, discussing abortion, Akin claimed that victims of what he described as "legitimate rape" very rarely become pregnant. Airing on St. Louis television station KTVI, his response to a question on rape exceptions for abortion was:

"Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_A..._and_pregnancy

Republicans, go take a remedial biology class. The rest of you, get to work on all that raping and incesting. The human race may depend on it!
There are just no words for his stupidy.

Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

16,044 posts, read 8,924,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What a freaking moron. How on Earth does that guy keep getting elected?
That is pretty scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or